BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 12 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:46 pm

This is what they originally wrote:

Q: This could come off as a bit rude, but do you believe you COULD be considered a sociopath? ... If so, do you consider yourself one?

Many people think I'm a sociopath because I come off insensitive and anitsocial, however I do not consider my self one. A sociopath is a person who lacks a sense of moral responsibility, are incapable of love, and lack shame or guilt, and many other features; however I do have a sense of moral responsibility, I am capable of love (Irene), and I felt guilty when Detective Bell got shot because of me. So no, I don't consider myself a sociopath.

My comment:

Sherlock is not a sociopath (he certainly is high functioning though) but displays such tendencies frequently. He does not have a sense of moral responsibility as he doesn't seek praise for his work. Though he his capable of love, he loves his work more than anything, including partners. Irene Adler was in love with him but he did not love her back, he was only deeply interested in her.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 12 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Very Happy That's what I call as enlightening people who did not do their research first before opening their mouth.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Not so much enlightening but being more blunt and truthful. I might start one of my own to see how hard it is to come up with good answers.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Where can I get those kind of people to play with? lol.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Oh, there are plenty of idiots that claim to percieve Sherlock on Wattpad.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:17 pm

I am sporting my best Jim Moriarty smile right now.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm

As am I. It's not that I'm really that insensitive, but I believe that sugarcoating the truth is unnecessary.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Grins. I cannot wait to see how your original villain turn to be.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Oh, they'll be a nightmare. Worse than any one of our characters could imagine.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Sounds fun <3

... Really no prompt that doesn't require other people's character?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Not, really, no. Do you have any you can think of?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Right now my imagination is busy constructing how that tea time turn out to be. The conversation alone will be delightful.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 pm

That tea time scene has to be apart of the roleplay st some point. I would love to do it.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Deal. Very Happy The latest probably when he have her dragged for 'some heart to heart chat' after she screwed with Sherlock enough to warrant his personal attention.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Yeah. What do you mean by screw with Sherlock? Messing with mentally or sexually? Because I have a feeling that both will happen at some point.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Once she get Sherlock attached to her more than as a bringer of interesting puzzle.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:51 pm

That makes sense.

I just got called a Sherlock by one of my friends. I'm extremely honored.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Did you deduced their secret? Very Happy
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:54 pm

One of them was fairly new to the group, so I did the best I could to deduce what I could about him. It's fun freaking people out and scaring them.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 pm

How did you do it?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:06 pm

First you stare at the target for as long as you possibly can (or at least until they glance at you oddly). It's easier if you're sitting near them so that you can notice the fine details.

He was fairly simple. The band t-shirt and hairstyle indicated that his taste in music greatly influenced his physical appearance and probably behavior. His hair was a little greasy, he didn't shower that day. His hair was also very slightly singed at the ends, so probably straightened. He was an artist, but the pen drawings on his arms also told me that he had a dark sense of humor, especially involving death. So he never experienced deaths within his circles, or at least if he did, it was at a very young age.

It's really not that simple; it could take years of dedication or a few days. I'm lucky that my memory is excellent, or else I'd be rubbish at this. It's something you build on knowledge, so you have to have that first before you do anything.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Smile A truly very Sherlock-alike style of deduction. Do you know that some fans think that the main difference between the Holmes brothers's way to deduct people is that Sherlock's is consciously doing it? And he pick emotional content more readily than Mycroft, which also give weight to your saying that Sherlock have/show emotions more than Mycroft (the hat deduction in Empty Hearse).
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:24 pm

No, it's not their main difference, but likely an important one. I have a feeling that Sherlock was born with part of the intelligence for it but have to work hard to sustain it in order to deduce well.

Although words don't pop up beside people I look at, I think it's cool skill to have.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:26 pm

What are the differences between their styles in your opinion?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Their personalities are very contrasted. Mycroft is shown as the serious older brother that has to take care of his younger brother. He is a pretty lethargic person, not willing to chase after a criminal the way that Sherlock does.

Meanwhile, Sherlock is the carefree, "screw authority" type of little brother that has substance abuse issues. He is literally willing to sprint after a killer (PiP, the cab chase).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:37 pm