BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft Empty Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm looking for someone to play as either Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft. Which ever one it is, I expect them to not be OOC. By that, I mean the extreme kind of OOC; for example submissive Mary or mentally stable Moriarty. Please tell me about how you intend to play them so that we can come to terms on whether or not roleplaying together would be a good idea.

On the other hand, I have an OC. Judging by the posts I've seen, quite a few people aren't so fond of OCs. This is mainly because most of the ones they've encountered are Mary Sues, Gary Stus, and Airy Oohs (gender neutral term).

So, I will describe the character I plan to use. This is a rarity, as I usually prefer to reveal bits and pieces for my partner to put together as we roleplay.

Katrina (Kat or Trina) Greene is a twenty-three year old female. She is pansexual and panromantic. Her strengths: a small gift of deduction that is not nearly as great as the Holmes brothers', intellect, manipulation, and seduction. Her weaknesses: cigarettes, temperamentality, sensitivity, and obsession. She likes gore, toying with people, sex, and proving that she's right. She doesn't like talking about her parents, being bored, or being wrong. Her fatal flaw is her emotion control. She has medium length dyed red hair that was originally black, eyes that are dark enough to almost appear black, and a light brown skin tone. Her facial features are sharp but feminine. Her body is slim and lithe but has only a few curves. The clothing she wears varies greatly depending on her mood, but most of the time she will stick to skinny pants and a black blazer.

Her usual behavior depends heavily on her emotions, which she usually has a difficult time controlling. She comes off as a very serious, intimidating, and prim person but really just seeks for enjoyment in life. She is an everyday sadist, which means that she involuntarily smiles or laughs when someone she knows gets hurt, but not to the extent that it is Sadistic Personality Disorder. This has prevented her from making many friends. She's unloyal except to a chosen few that she respects.

Trina lived a childhood that most people wished they had. Her parents loved her dearly and were very happy people. They had quite a fortune from her grandfather but chose to live a normal life. Many people knew about the family riches and approached them, but her parents refused all of their offers, no matter how tempting. One day, she found out at school that her parents had died in a car crash. At first, she flipped and went into a state of shock and extreme depression. But after she finally calmed down, she analyzed her situation and remembered that her parents were very careful when driving, especially on highways, which was where the crash had happened. She began to suspect that her parents' deaths were intentional, approaching the police about the theory. They thought that she was still in shock and dismissed it. She was fourteen, and had no siblings.

As far as she's concerned, she doesn't have friends. The only ones she really has are the regular people that are living out their lives. She finds herself bored in their prescence and almost hates them. As for her enemies, most people are hated by her for being so BORING.

And that's it. I've been craving a good Sherlock roleplay for a while now, so please do tell me if you're interested and we can figure out a plot.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:12 pm

What genre(s) are you into, thearchenemy?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Action, adventure, crime, psychological, logic, and politics are favorites. I like romance, but I hate too much of it. I loathe having to do lots of emotional/stupid lovey-dovey scenes.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Do you have some plot bunnies to play with?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:05 pm

For Sherlock, yes. For Moriarty and Mycroft, no.

Last edited by thearchenemy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Tell us about both please.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:15 pm

I just fixed my post, so it's one.

Trina has finally gone back to trying to solve her parents' possible murder, but she can't do it alone and has no other option but to go to Sherlock for help. She doesn't want to be named as a client, since she doesn't like being below someone.

That's all I have for now.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Sherlock's role here is obvious but where do Mycroft fit in?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 pm

Actually, I was thinking of making seperate plots for the three rather than combine them into one. But I think I might be able to fit Mycroft into this one.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 pm

What do you have in mind? There is PM facility if you want to plot with separate players without compromising the plotline.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 pm

She approaches Mycroft before Sherlock, but then realises that he won't be much help. So she agrees to watch Sherlock in exchange for more help.

It's not conpromising so much as adding to the plotline, really.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Why did she approach Mycroft on the first place and how they know each other?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:55 pm

She approached him because she knew he was extremely clever. They know each other because Mycroft "kidnapped" (I really don't think of it that way, but everyone else sees it as kidnapping) her several years after her parents died. Though he was lazy, he actually seemed interested in her theory but not in her parents.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:07 pm

I am thinking about that scenario. What is the reason Mycroft kidnapped her? Perhaps because she have something that he was interested in or he might think so?

For her to be able to contact him at the present time, they must be more than mere 'former tea buddies'. What might be suitable to explain it?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 pm

At the time, she was confused as to why some strange man had practically kidnapped her, but it's apparent he wants something her parents had. Not quite what that thing is, though.

He made it easy for her to contact him in case she one day found what he was looking for.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:22 pm

It is a good explanation. Then Mycroft's part is the very beginning or as flashbacks to both the kidnapping and the initial consultation part (and now I am thinking about the reason why Mycroft would pretend that he cannot help).
    The case happened when she is fourteen years old and now she is twenty three. In the span of nine years, what might be still valuable enough to attract Mycroft's interest, considering that most informations he deal with bound to be time-sensitive.

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:56 pm

There aren't many options for what might interest him, but I think information would be a good idea.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:07 am

If this is a medieval setting that information might be a map that show where a big pile of treasures hidden, lol.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am

But Mycroft isn't the type to crave money.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:12 am

For the empire's treasury. Maintaining the Great Britain takes a lot of fund.

Nine years... Mycroft would be quite higher in the food chain already, thus that mystery something would be a personal nature to him rather than job-related. If we are to believe Magnussen, Mycroft works officially for S.I.S. and intelligence data is especially time-sensitive.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:16 am

It would be funny if what he was after were weight loss tips.

I agree. It would have to be personal. Maybe something regarding Sherlock?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:18 am

Lol! Mark Gatiss is so lean and svelte, it is hard to see him as pufferfish-alike (TAB).

How old Sherlock right now?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:21 am

Have you got a time that this takes place in. As in post HLV for example. And yeah, how old are Sherlock and Mycroft if not being bbc-canon timeline compliant.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:25 am

I just burst out laughing when I saw him in TAB, it was wild.

Um, I would say early thirties to late twenties. The time would be modern day I guess.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:30 am

Yups, even worse than on the ACD version's illustration. Wink

Sherlock, early thirty to late twenties. Nine years ago would be teenager to young adult. Supposed that information is about Sherlock, how could it be on her hand, from her parents? What kind of thing it might be that Mycroft resorted to kidnapping instead of using more subtle methods? How that information might affect everyone should it come to light?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:12 am