BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 7 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:30 pm

But that's the niche; Mycroft can't have Sherlock die. So, if you put Sherlock in a life threatening situation, chances are that he'll try to save him. Otherwise, he's extremely meticulous about letting his emotions take control.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 7 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 pm

True, he will try to save Sherlock. However, a man who almost give a queen's ransom to Irene Adler could bring Royal Marines into the equation, so any scheme she concocted must ensure that he is, and truly alone.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm fairly sure I can come up with a plausible situation that meets those standards.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm

^^ Sounds interesting.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeah.

Oh my god, someone help me -- Punk!lock is a thing.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Grins. I am not going to go near that genre.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:00 pm

I partially identify as punk and I'm cringing. No thank you, Sherlock fandom.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Where is our Sherlock goes to? He logged in earlier.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Did he? I didn't check. Well, if he decides to get back over here, I probably won't be there. I need to get those two hours of sleep I have left tonight. Good morning/afternoon/evening/night!
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Two hours. :O
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:32 pm

No, not a BBCMolly, I prefer a seductive vixen, equal partner, possibly dancing, tight jeans disguise hiding in plain sight, adventure, possibly touchy feely, maybe sex and a motorcycle is fun, a case to solve.

Last edited by Sherlock. on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:38 pm

You want a slice of life story with a nice girl from the next door character instead of a vixen. A Molly Hooper.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Wha what happened to my post. Start again. Okay, post I lost- I said that your plotting was very good but it wasn't what I want to do and I'm looking for a one-on-one anyway. Sorry.

You've replied NightBaron suggesting that I want a slice of life and a Molly Hooper.

My reply is : No, not a BBCMolly, I prefer a seductive vixen, equal partner, possibly dancing, tight jeans disguise hiding in plain sight, adventure, possibly touchy feely, maybe sex, and a motorcycle is fun, a case to solve.

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:02 am

Well, Katrina have that potential. On the other hand, you fear Sherlock being overshadowed and merely become a mean to an end instead of the central character. That again, is unfounded. Mycroft's part is a huge misunderstanding and after it is done she would be back gallivanting with little brother dearest.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 am

I can log in at work and be on all day but it doesn't mean I can post, just so you both know.

I'm not struck on Katrina simply manipulating Sherlock, I'd like Sherlock and Katrina to develop a genuine attraction which would give him an impetus to have anything to do with her, she doesn't want to be a client and I need to find a reason that he'd want to bother to help her. My Sherlock takes cases that interest him. He's possibly going to be high at some point if there's no objection to that. As a user for his own purposes, not an addict.

An invisible chemical seems to me to be adding a layer of complication that's not necessary if it's a car crash, take the death of Princess Diana et al as example, a crash entering a motorway tunnel.

More when I can post again.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:15 am

Okay, I just read through everything, and I think that the attraction between her and Sherlock could actually work out, if we all play our cards right. Think about it: she's supposed to be using Sherlock to manipulate Mycroft further, and though it works, she can't help but actually sort of start liking him.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:49 am

Playing cards right is a very good way to go.

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:42 am

I agree. So have you decided whether or not you will join the roleplay?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:20 am

Yes, please, I think I've got an idea of where you want to go and what the plot is. Since Bond Air was mentioned that makes it post Scandal. I might watch SiB again, as if I need any excuse haha.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:02 am

Wait wait, I only use Bond Air as an example but that's not saying that this story happen after that. It depends on the thearchenemy since she is the one who already choose Katrina's timeline / age.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 am

Yeah, no problem, he's late twenties to early thirties, Katrina is 23 and when we settle on where we are with the timeline all will be good on that score. I'm not fixed on it being post Scandal, I'd go AU if we wanted to make it a bit before Study in Pink.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:42 am

I was thinking pre ASiP, but I'm open to change. Why go AU though?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:30 am

Pre ASiP is good with me. AU in the sense that there would not be a flat at 221B Baker Street and Mycroft wouldn't have people to fly him around in a helicopter and command of the Military Police, I suppose. I'd fall back on ACD canon for the address of Sherlock's previous flat near the museum. I believe NightBaron is familiar with the original work.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:35 am

Oh, I see. Alright, that works fine for me.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 pm

:p Why do you want to strip away my toys, eh? Mycroft is mine, I get to decide his career perks at that point of time.

.... Motorcycle, tight jeans, no helicopter, Victorian element. You are trying to push for the AU of the AUs, aren't you? A steampunk world.

We doesn't know about pre-ASiP and therefore it can be classified as AU, especially if from that point events are not going like BBC's version. How much we change depends on all players' agreement but godmodding aka driving other people's character even just a bit is outright cheating.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:36 am