BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 6 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Not strong enough reason unless you want Katrina looks like a duffer for swallowing such excuse. How about... she was told that her parents were disposed of because of trumped up charge of treason/office politics and Mycroft is either the executor or the reason for their demise.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 6 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Yeah, okay. And under that impression, she's really hateful and angry around him.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:54 pm

If she behaves like that, wouldn't Sherlock become suspicious? Mycroft too, would not let someone like that to get close, then how she will try to kill him?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Though she has a difficult time controlling her emotions, she manages to cool herself down enough to handle it. But I think holding a conversation that would last longer than two minutes with him would be infuriating. She's also working on containing her real emotions and casting out realistic fake ones to manipulate people.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:04 pm

So no 'tangoing together' because she only can stand him two minutes long.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Manipulating Sherlock would take time and patience, so I think that through that time period, she can sucessfully learn how to contain her anger. She wouldn't go into this if she thinks she won't be able to do it.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:11 pm

The problem is how to make him let his guard down around her. Even BBC's Mycroft have trust issue, this one won't make a rookie mistake of thinking someone cannot do harm because she looks non threatening.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:14 pm

I agree, that is an issue. But again, as time passes, that wall will either start to wear or nothing will happen. If nothing happens, that kind of makes for boring scenes.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:18 pm

That's the problem with my other RPs, Mycroft must be dumbed down in order to make possible things that in 'raw mode' would have a snowball's chance in hell to happen.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Oh, I see. Then maybe I can tone down the anger thing and make it so that she's just more cold/blunt towards him. Would that work out?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Maybe. She would have to integrate herself into his life and mind in order to lure him into false sense of safety of something equivalent with that, so when the time come he wouldn't see it coming. Remember that this is not Sherlock who can fall into a textbook example of honey pot trap, this is an experienced man who is surrounded by self-serving people day in and day out people who won't hesitate to stab him on the back if given chance.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Yes, I'm well aware. This is why although he's a wonderful character, he's also tough to work out. But that's good. I can use a challenge.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Mission accepted, lol.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Lol yeah. Also, please know that I'm fairly new to most of this and I'm still absorbing everything. This means my ideas will be terrible 80 percent of the time. The other twenty percent is mostly writing experience.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 pm

That's why we have this exchange of ideas session, and likely many more at the future to coordinate our game. We all have our own expertise and I believe we could learn from each other. Smile
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 pm

That's very effective, especially with the whole "two minds are better than one" saying.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm

A congress of minds, pun intended. lol
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Lol. Well, what now other than sit around waiting for Sherlock and a Moriarty?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 pm

If she was told that it is a government-sanctioned killing then how to use Sherlock to gain access to 'the untouchable'.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Wait, who do you mean by 'the untouchable'?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:01 pm

A certain someone who is likely surrounded by invincible security details because he is vital for the empire's continuation.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Well, it helps a bunch that he cares for Sherlock enough for it to be a weakness, so she could probably get Sherlock into a dangerous situation to force him to risk his life for his brother.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Somehow your words make me think about The Study in Pink, especially the poison pill vs placebo part.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Oh, I see. That could make sense the way you've interpreted it.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Yes, the rational decision-making. He is not someone who can afford to let emotions take the driver's seat. Sherlock might do it to satisfy his tendency to flirt with danger but Mycroft, there is a consideration that if he died then who is going to take care of his danger-magnet brother? Decision, decision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:55 pm