BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 11 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:33 pm

It is your own choice and future. Smile

Anyway, I think I will post something of Mycroft again. Any prompt?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 11 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Not any on the top of my mind, sorry.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:00 pm

That's alright. It is actually your chance to build understanding about my Mycroft, which might be useful later for Katrina in form of information that she received about him.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:16 pm

I agree. How about you write about how you think Mycroft would be around her?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 pm

o.o Isn't that requires Katrina's presence too?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I mean, she's obviously there, but I guess you need something to respond to.

Imagine she reveals to him that she knows about how Sherlock is one of his weak points.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:27 pm

If you mean how he would react, emotionally react, I can summarize it in a few words: assess the threat, plan for containment and or how he might benefit from it, weight pros and cons for each options. But like you said, she needs to response and it will determine what he will do.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Even those few words are beneficial. He's more systematic and mechanical than Sherlock, who feels (or at least shows) emotion to some extent.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Yep, he is strategic to the core. Emotions that he shows to the world mostly are geared to help further whatever goal he have in mind. Reserved to the fault.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:33 pm

That's intense. Doesn't he get sick of it at some point?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:39 pm

The eternal pantomime? That's why he needs solitude to recharge and recalibrate. Not saying that he cannot lose that self-control. He can and it won't be pretty.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Let's make sure he loses control then.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Rofl! Hop into the one way Mars expedition XD
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Can't have him be the same old Myc the entire roleplay, can we? It seems like a fun thing to do, set him off.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:50 pm

That's his core so any change would be surface-only. Next please.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Actually, I have a very important test tomorrow, so I might stay up a little longer but not enough to get two hours of sleep again. I did not enjoy that last time.

Interesting to think about: how do you reckon Mycroft would behave in a situation where he has absolutely no control?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:56 pm

The usual, he will dissect the situation into its deepest layers then try to rearrange it to suit his need. He is his own most powerful chess piece.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:59 pm

I like that. If only I could be the same. I don't even know if it's virtually possible for a person to be like him.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:01 pm

In his case, it is nature + nurture + environment.

Trivia; Mark Gatiss said that he hope to not as detached as Mycroft.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Really? I'm glad; I don't think I would like him very much if he were similar in real life. Mycroft is a fictional character (or is he? Wink ), so I don't mind, but if I ever met someone that was like him, I'd probably outright hate them.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:15 pm

I bet that there are people like him, lol.

Oh no, now I get a vision of Katrina and Mycroft having a tea time together, chatting and trying to test each other's limits.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:19 pm

I could definitely see that happening. XD
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Call the bomb-squad, alert hospitals and bring in the sedatives! XD
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:30 pm

XD

Uh oh, I have released my smartarse tendencies upon a poor regular Sherlock fan.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Grins. Do tell what you did to them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:40 pm