BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 10 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Yes, the width and height are adjustable.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 10 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Oh good. Which setting do you think is best?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm

I don't really know.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:53 pm

According to your screen resolution & width.

Edit: I see what you mean. How about this, 300x400 pixels

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 10 Consulting-Shadow-Government-mycroft-holmes-28260693-900-1195
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 am

Okay, that works fine. I might use links a lot more often though (maybe for clothing).
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 am

Delayed by work that must be done by Fri as I'm going to be away this weekend. I won't be online some of Sat and Sun. If I get on on phone it'll be short sorry. Caught up on here. 12 August Year before AsiP, okay.
    300 w x 400 h looks okay.
    Pics can make a difference, I didn't have the same image idea of Trina as I have now.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:14 am

I agree about links, it is better to not burden the forum by directly attaching images too often.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 am

Be busy most of today and possibly the weekend.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 am

And the end of month blues strikes again, lol.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 am

Why end of month blues?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 am

At the end of month, this forum usually become even quieter than usual. At times only I stay here for days.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:55 am

The ends of months are usually the most stressful for me. Too many stupid and worthless projects assigned by teachers who have nothing better to do. I can understand mathematics, science, and English, but honestly, when are we going to utilise knowledge on the Crusades later in life?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am

Probably future material for history major (kidding!)
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Lol as if.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:40 pm

The real answer and not from the creator of that curriculum's POV is, learning history means we learn about human nature - motivations and how far they are willing to go in order to acquire something. Lesson of the past is useful for our present and future so we don't get caught off guard. That knowledge help us to prepare for the future. Parameters of the equations might be different but the basic principles stays the same.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Don't get me wrong, history is a neat subject. But the thing is, the teachers at our school make the work so repetitive that I've gotten sick of it. I refused to do my homework this week and got detention for saying it was boring. Ugh.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Lol. You are in a class for goldfishes. Very Happy

Summary so far:

First contact between Katrina Greene and Sherlock Holmes done with a side dish of 'big brother is watching'. Both left with somewhat positive impression of the other and looking forward for the next encounter.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:22 pm

We've all been in the same boat, and somehow we've survived all the boring bits. Religious studies and geography bored me stiff. It's no fun if the teachers are goldfish or teaching goldfish, do the boring shit fast, do it well and use the free time for fun.

RP a good start made. Brother being Mycroft, Katrina and Sherlock not yelling and throwing hard objects at each other. Call that a score, I think.
    Will try to post early tomorrow.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:31 pm

thearchenemy, have you ever find out your leaning style?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm

I have, actually. I figured out last year when I had an actually interesting teacher that taught in ways to help all of the students in her class. It turns out the best ways for me to learn are auditory-musical, linguistic, and interpersonal.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Good Smile How about rote memory vs reflection-analytical, fact-driven vs conceptual?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Reflection-analytical and conceptual.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Most school systems are not geared toward your preferred learning style. You can pull a Sherlock, refusing to do something that you don't like, or do a Mycroft - find ways to enhance your own understanding of the subject and treating the repeated lessons as a necessary evil to make the authority more likely to be cooperative with you at the future. Either buckling the system when you are still relatively powerless or use it to achieve your own objectives, present and future.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I naturally pull Sherlocks. It's something I've been doing pre-Sherlock too, and I'm sure my teachers hate me for it. Doing it Mycroft's way is more logical and forward thinking, like my friends do, but I guess it's different for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:03 am