BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 18 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:43 am

Then it is his own problem to deal personally. The world is not going to bow to his will, it is very stupid to dismiss the whole and miss the diamonds between pebbles.

Btw, what Katrina's daemon's shape(s) might be once it settles?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 18 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:47 am

You have a point. Though imagine if Sherlock discovered fandoms and the scandalous slash fiction!
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:49 am

I don't quite understand your question.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:49 am

Either he develop a sense of humour or Mycroft will have to keep him in a mental ward somewhere. XD

www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-golden-compass-daemon-test
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Or it would be another thing he could get off of. 

I was in the process of taking the quiz but my mom needed my laptop as hers was some friend's place. Whatever.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:03 pm

LOL. Hope he will learn to create something useful instead of needing puzzle created by other people.

Haha, later? Mycroft's is here, although I am baffled at the thought of the practicality of lugging one of them everywhere.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Lol. Katrina got Gruff Soul.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:28 pm

The animals?

Mycroft's is a Distant Loner Soul - Octopus, Manta Ray, Shark, Boa Constrictor, Komodo Dragon. Imagine that, is he supposed to bring gigantic water tank everywhere? =))
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Hyena, Coati, Maned Wolf, Raven, Dingo. XD

I think she'd like a raven.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Raven, often used as symbol for intelligence. Why Raven, according to you?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Like Sherlock, she considers herself above 'ordinary' people as an intellectual. Cold hard facts are the way to go.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Grins. That's quite the opposite of her intention to play with Sherlock's mind.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:48 pm

How so?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Manipulation 101: facts only useful when presented in certain way and to a mind already receptive to the idea. Preparing that mind is task belongs to the 'heart' and very much the opposite of 'just cold, hard facts'. Example, the Bruce-Partington case. Mycroft touched John's patriotism and need for excitement. Sherlock tricked Irene Adler to reveal the place she keeps the elusive phone in her house.

Last edited by Night Baron on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Two excessive dots)
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:07 pm

That mostly just applies to the rest of her life apart from the manipulation, really.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Grins. Cannot wait to see that proceeding. This game also a test how much we can separate between player's knowledge and character's.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Yeah, definitely.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Make us cheerful, isn't it? ^^ A test of skill and self-control, with all of us playing I-deduct-as-way-of-life characters.

thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:33 pm

But I sort of do deduct as a way of life, though it's very small scale.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Do you always needs visual for that?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:45 pm

I prefer visuals, but I can to some degree make use of my ears and sense of smell. Varies depending on the situation.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Deductive and inductive, two ways of forming an idea of what is not being told. Which one you use as default?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Inductive by default but deduction reinforces it more.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 pm

^^

What's next to discuss in advance? I am watching the way chemistry (supposedly) grow between Katrina and Sherlock.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Not much else to discuss. I've been rereading through everything, making sure she stays in character.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:56 am