BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Carl Powers Case- Teen style!

J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Carl Powers Case- Teen style! Empty Carl Powers Case- Teen style!

Post by J Watson@221B Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 pm

John sat on a park bench, just relaxing and mulling the recent events over in his head
    I wonder when the swimming tournament is.....
    "John! John!" cried a bloke who looked just about his age from down the path.
    Who might that be? he thought, waving.

((Is there no Stamford? If not, I will just use Imasherlockian...))

Last edited by J Watson@221B on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Carl Powers Case- Teen style! Empty Re: Carl Powers Case- Teen style!

Post by J Watson@221B Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm

It was Mike Stamford, one of John's mates from school.

"Hey mate, how are you?" Said Stamford.
    "Fine, how about you?" Replied John
    "I want you to meet an guy I met a couple a days ago, come on."
    So John followed him until Mike stopped outside one of the old chemistry labs and said "Come on, he's inside..."
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal. Brilliant, isn't it?
    Hobbies : Blowing things up, playing with detectives...

Post by JimMoriarty Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Jim Moriarty idly watches the swimmers practice in the pool. Excited parents click rabidly at stopwatches, several coaches who came along with the competitors yell instructions. The sound of splashing and breathing and the yelling fill the pool area with noise, but Jim can't hear it--the headphones in his ears are playing something by the Bee Gees. He probably looks like someone's brother, waiting for them to get done with practice, bored and ready to go home.
    But he's not.
    He does know one of the swimmers, but 'friends' would be a grossly inaccurate description of their relationship. Carl Powers is one of the more talented athletes in the pool room, currently. Training up for the competition.
    Jim hates him.

((As I believe I'm the villain in this case, I'll run posts parallel to what you all have going on. I probably won't be interacting with you so much until a bit later.))
    ((Also, what age is everybody? I'm going to assume teens. If you want to change that, have a go and I'll just edit this post.))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:48 am

Sherlock Holmes was sat in the chemistry lab, his eyes transfixed on the microscope. In the distance he could hear the sound of the other kids enjoying their lunch break - laughing, shouting, having fun, messing around with their friends. Sherlock didn't have any friends. All he really had was his chemistry experiments and his imagination. He'd always been a bit of a loner. Making friends was hard. He just didn't have anything in common with anyone and they all seemed so....stupid. He hoped he could one day get a job where he could utilise his love of chemistry, but for now he just planned to pass his exams so he could study it at Uni.

He glanced up briefly to see Mike walk in with a new boy he hadn't seen before. Mike and Sherlock got on OK he supposed. He wasn't a friend exactly...but he was always pleasant to Sherlock and asked him how he was. He looked at the new boy and studied him for a few seconds, trying out this new observation game he liked to play.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 pm

John and Mike walked in to find a young man sitting behind a microscope.
    " Hey Sherlock, how are you? This is John, a friend of mine. He just started to come to school here."
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:14 pm

"Hey. Nice to meet you." said John, feeling a little uncomfortable with the loud silence...

(( is it ok i used the silence? i wasnt sure))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:39 pm

((no it's cool))

Sherlock stopped studying the boy and realised he was being spoken to. He knew the polite thing to do was to shake hands, so he stepped away from his experiment and offered out his hand. This would give him a chance to test out his new game, he thought excitedly.

"How come you skipped Sports today?" he asked with a twinkle in his eye. "There's nothing wrong with your leg."

He couldn't help but grin as he waited for a response, hoping so badly that he'd got it right.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 am

Sherlock reached out his hand, so John shook it, but when Sherlock asked him why he hadn't done sports, he was thoroughly startled.
    " How did you know that? I asked the coach not to say anything" replied John, starting to get a little angry at the coach.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 am

Worthless.
    Idiot.

All things Jim's mum has said to him. Regularly, actually. She tells him he's never going to amount to anything. He gets good marks in school--excellent marks--but still she calls him stupid, still she thinks he's a waste of space. She likes his brother better. He knows she does.
    Carl Powers' mum is sitting by the side of the pool, cheering him on. She calls him 'Carly' sometimes, when she thinks no one can hear, and he smiles. Carl Powers isn't nearly as good in school as Jim is. He's more athletic, though, and everybody likes him.
    Jim's only got a few friends.
    Everyone thinks he's weird.
    Carl Powers has everything Jim wants, and what's more, he's an ass. He's never been nice to Jim, because Jim's 'that odd boy with the bruises'. No one's nice to Jim, really. But Carl Powers is... his perfect mum doesn't know anything about her perfect son.

((The only thing that's known about Moriarty's family is that he has a younger brother, so I get to make up headcanon and give him abusive parents to kind of explain why he's so fucked up! Very Happy))
    ((Am I making him too sympathetic of a character? Neutral))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:30 am

(( no it's awesome...that's how I imagine him to be as a kid anyway, just cause he had a bad childhood doesn't excuse his psychopathic behaviour ))
    (( by the way, I so want Jim and Sherlock to be best childhood buddies, they have so much in common, maybe we should do something like that at some stage ))

Sherlock grinned. He was so pleased he'd got it right. He'd told himself he wouldn't brag about it but he found his mouth already open and words coming out.

"It's OK, your coach didn't say anything. I worked it out. I observed you then made some deductions." he smirked, then went back to his work, pretending he wasn't interested. He knew the kid would want to hear more and then he'd get to explain how he'd done it. That was his favourite part. He'd only started playing this game recently but he loved the effect it had on people. In fact, that was really the only time he could get anyone to talk to him.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:56 am

((Oh, HELL yes. Friends. Oh god, YES.))
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 am

"How did you know I was thinking about coach? And how did you know that I didn't participate in sports?" asked John, now very bewildered.

(( I like the idea of an abused Jim... Nice!))
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:56 am

Jim headed out of the pool area. He'd seen enough. Really, at this point it was just painful to see what his family could be. Carl and his mum could both go to hell.
    ...Actually, that was a good idea.
    Taking Carl to hell.
    So easy, too. Mmn, but it would be easy. He already had several ideas.
    Killing people is wrong! Echoed a voice in his head. But his train of thought had left the station, and there was no turning back now... yes, Carl Powers would die, which would, figuratively, kill his mum. Carl Powers would never bother Jim again. Annoying little fucker.
    His mind whirred with thoughts.

((He's off-campus, so I can't have him and Sherlock meet just now but I will soon I swear. xD))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 am

Sherlock grinned, looking forward to giving the new boy his explanation.

"When you came in you were limping but by the time you'd reached me the limp had practically stopped and you've not sat down which means your leg isn't really bothering you that much. Your timetable is sticking out of your left hand pocket and I can see that your last class before lunch was P.E. Seeing as lunch only started 5 minutes ago there's no way you could have got from the Sports Hall to here and that short a time. But the fact that you were still limping slightly tells me you didn't leave /that/ long ago, otherwise you would have long since given up the limp. I'd say you were there for the whole class but didn't take part because you told the coach you had a bad leg. Therefore you had to limp the whole time you were there, and whilst you were walking away. You left whilst everyone else was getting changed out of their sports kit, which was why you were able to make it here. When I made my deduction you looked shocked, then angry, which made me suspect you were thinking of your coach, that he'd told someone and I'd found out about it somehow. Am I right?"

The amazed look on the other boy's face told him he was.

"My name's Sherlock by the way. What's yours?"
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:25 am

"Um....... John..." now John was flat out alarmed. "So do you do that a lot? Um... You know, that- thing you do... Deduction or whatever?" he asked looking at Sherlock.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am

"Nice to meet you John...Actually, it's kind of a new thing I've just been practicing...it's good though right? I mean...is it good?"

Sherlock laughed nervously. He wasn't really all that great in social situations. To avoid having to look at John he started to pack up his experiment. He was just about done here anyway.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:43 am

"It's kind of scary before you explain it... But it seems so simple afterwards!" replied John. He looked over at Mike.
    "Yeah, he does it all the time..."
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:59 pm

((where is this going? what else is going to get them together? it's not like they can go share a flat...))
    (( what about Jim? when's he coming in?))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:25 pm

(( Lol, true. Forgive me I just really wanted to act out the scene from Study in Pink. I think Sherlock will think the conversations over but John is interested in Sherlock and asks if they can hang out again...then maybe they can go somewhere together after school like to a cafe or something and maybe witness a minor crime.))

Sherlock had packed away the last of his things and was zipping up his rucksack. He checked his watch and shrugged.

"Well, it was nice to meet you John but I don't want to be late for History. I'd better go."

He gave John a brief smile as he brushed past him and headed for the door.
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:36 am

Jim, bag slung over his shoulder, headed back to his school. He had missed a few classes, but if he missed all of them his mum would be called and all hell would break loose. Seemed such a silly, mundane thing to do, go back to school, when one was planning murder. This felt...it felt special. Who knew that being really bad could feel so good?
    En route to maths, he bumped into a tall boy who, if he remembered correctly, was forever in the chemistry lab. Sherlock, was that his name? He brushed by with a muttered 'sorry', chuckling inwardly. What would Sherlock do if he knew what Jim was planning? Two other boys stepped out of the chem lab as he passed it--what would they think?
    Oh, this was such fun.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 am

John saw Sherlock turn to leave,and before his mind could process what was to be said, John blurted " Hey, you want to hang out some time? You know, just talk and stuff?"
    oh God...WHY did I say that? He's going to think I'm weird! thought John, putting on a questioning half-grin...
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am

Sherlock was surprised at the question. No one had ever asked to "hang out" with him before. Most people just thought he was weird and wanted to keep away from him. I wonder what made this boy so different? Never the less, Sherlock was secretly pleased. Maybe he could finally make friends with someone.

"Yeah OK," he said, trying to sound casual. "Um...I'll meet you outside the gates after school if you like?"
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Post by J Watson@221B Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 am

"Yeah, sure see you then!" Replied John, with a foolish looking smile on his face. He hadn't expected Sherlock to say yes, and he was happy he did.
    Sherlock walked out of the room, Mike and John close behind. In the hall, John saw a kid bump in to Sherlock. "Hey, Mike, who's that kid that bumped into Sherlock?" He had taken notice of the malicious smile on his face and that sent a warning to his brain...
    "Who? Oh, Jim..... He's not someone to worry about... Just a little weird, that's all." Mike replied, but John still had a bad feeling about this...

((Sorry, I'm a Star Wars freak, had to use the quote everyone uses...))

(( "I got a baaad feeling about this!" ))
    JimMoriarty
    JimMoriarty

Post by JimMoriarty Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm

((asldjkfa STAR WARS why are you all amazing))
    ((I should write something.))
    ((...later, I don't really have anywhere to go from here.))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 am

Sherlock took John to one of his favourite cafes on Baker Street. He often went there after school for a cup of tea, and he'd sit and watch everybody coming and going. It was a good place for him to practice his new observation techniques, to look at all the different people and try to work something out about them. He had already started doing it when they arrived, and it took him a little while to realise he had been ignoring John. Perhaps this was one of the reasons he never had any friends, he wondered. He forced himself to stop staring at the fat woman in the corner, and look at John instead. He offered him a brief smile.

"No one ever wants to hang around with me." he said bluntly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am