BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty) - Page 12 Empty Re: Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

James observed John closely. He was blushing now. Though, he couldn't quite made up why. Sherlock and him weren't a couple, right? Or were they? Secretly? Why was this even making him feel jealous. It was uncalled for, but he couldn't help it. Awkwardly he cleared his throat, hoping it would get John's attention.

--

"You weren't answering my texts, so I'm just checking if you're okay." He shrugged, even though John could not see that.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty) - Page 12 Empty Re: Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

Post by John Watson MD Tue May 01, 2012 11:16 am

John frowned, Sherlock checking on him? That was even weirder than the teasing. What the hell was happening?

"I don't know what you are up to, Sherlock, but I don't want to discuss things on the phone now. I am fine, I will be home soon, I will bring your milk, but at the moment, I would really like to hang up, okay?" he muttered and felt himself tense when Jim cleared his throat.

He turned to him slightly and grinned apologetically.

"I do not approve of you being out at this time of the night," continued Sherlock.

John laughed, shaking his head. "Tough luck," he commented, ready to push the end button on his phone.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 am

James smiled shortly at John, letting him know it was fine though he really felt as a third wheel at the moment.

--

"I know you're with him, John." Sherlock snapped. He was pacing back and forth the room. Why didn't John just tell him? John always told him everything, right? So why was he keeping this secret? Something more was up. Something Sherlock did not like at all.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 am

John groaned, "It's not a secret I am, I would have told you," he muttered, it was impossible to keep things from Sherlock any way. "I need to talk to him, Sherlock, it's been fifteen years, there are a few things we need to clear up, and I have waited for this occasion for a long time..."

He smiled sadly. "I am not trying to steal him from you," he muttered sarcastic, his voice very low, he really hoped Jim wouldn't hear. "And I really don't want to discuss this on the phone, it's late and I am keeping him up..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 pm

James shuffled his feet awkwardly. They were now talking about him on the phone and he did not like the way John lowered his voice. As if he wasn't allowed to hear anything.

--

"If you don't want to discuss it on the phone, I'll be expecting you in exact 27 minutes and 3 seconds." Sherlock replied while removing the phone from his ear as he pressed the end button. John was vulnerable to this kind of pressure and he would do anything to drive him away from his ex boyfriend.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 02, 2012 4:41 am

John groaned when his friend hung up, he wanted to protest, he wanted to tell him not to wait up, but there was just dead space at the other end of the line now.
    Damn you, Sherlock...

He turned to Jim. "It was Sherlock..." he explained, his heart beating fast in his chest again, he wanted to go home and yell at Sherlock, but at the same time he wanted to spend time with Jim.
    It was late though, what was he really expecting to get from this?

"So... mm..." he cleared his throat. "Do you think we can meet sometime soon?" he suggested, because there really wasn't much he could do. "I still feel like I owe you for disappearing like that 15 years ago..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 02, 2012 6:03 am

James smiled slightly as John pocketed his phone again. "I figured." he muttered. Feelings of jealousy were nudging his chest, but this was no time for giving attention to it.

John wanted to meet up again, that was good, that was marvelous. "Yes. I'd love to meet up again." He said, perhaps a bit too eager. "Just let me know when you're free." He added.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 am

The eager way Jim replied to his suggestion made John smile happily, he couldn't believe it was actually happening, that they could be friends, and if he had to admit, he thought maybe one day there could be a bit more, who knew.

"Great!" he exclaimed, stepping closer to Jim. "I don't get much free time... but maybe a few drinks one of these nights?" he suggested, his eyes moving on the other's face.
    He just wanted to memorize everything again.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 am

"Sounds good." He agreed. It did not really mattered when he saw John again, of course as rather sooner then later, just as long as he saw him again.

"So I guess I'll see you around then." James had never been good with saying goodbye's for the simple reason that he most of the time did not have to. He hated it. His face leaned in to John's and his lips reached to kiss John on the cheek. Not a lustful kiss, neither one with passion. Just a gentle, simple kiss to say the man goodbye.

--

-text to John-
    Better be on your way home. SH
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 am

John's heart leaped in his throat when he saw the other man lean closer, he didn't dare hope that they could kiss, but he felt the soft pressure on his cheek and smiled slightly, blushing.
    "God, I feel like I am a teenager again," he joked, and pushed his hand in his pocket, ignoring his phone.
    Damn damn Sherlock.

"So uhm... let's keep in touch..." he said, turning around to walk towards the door, he hesitated for a second. "It was... great to see you again," he confessed, licking his lips nervously.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 am

He couldn't help but laugh at john's comment. he felt exactly the same. "Yea, it's silly." He replied, looking down at his own shoes.

James noticed the slight hesitation in John's step. If he could he'd pin him to that door and gave him a kiss full of emotions, just to show him how much he'd missed him. To show him that even now, inside he still carried the same feelings for him. Time did not change that.

"It was good seeing you too." He smiled.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 pm

John didn't want to go. He truly didn't. If he could choose he would move in with Jim that second, especially when the other option was an angry Sherlock waiting at home for him.
    He knew that it was impossible, and also rather insane, so he nodded, mumbled a good night, and slid out the door.

He felt so stupid.
    He knew he had done a lot, he had called him, he had talked to him, he had agreed to meet again, but still it felt like he had scraped the tip of an iceberg.

He groaned, realizing he was being silly again. Sherlock was right, he didn't know Jim, it was the memory of him that he was still in love with.
    How could he still love him though?
    It had been 15 long years.

He took out his phone as he approached the lift, quickly typing a reply for his annoying flatmate.
    On my way home now, stop pestering me. I still have to get milk. -JW
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

James chest hurt when he saw John walking through that door. A vague image if John walking out on him 15 years ago came to mind. God, this was so inconvenient. He sighed, expecting things like he had, how silly. One should never expect things, expectations are delusional.

He then remembered Sherlock's text and the way he'd been bothering John all night long. One does not bother him or his ex boyfriend like that! Sherlock was clearly jealous, for some reason. Time to add some fuel to that flame.

--text to Sherlock.--
    What a shame neither of us died. A spark's enough to light the whole thing up again.
    -JM

--

Sherlock received John's message and somehow he felt relieved. The fact he'd decided to return home in stead of staying where he was meant something. Did it? Yes, yes it did.

--text to John--
    I am not pestering you, I am keeping you sane. SH

For the first time this evening he was able to lie back down on the sofa. He lazily stretched out on it, folding his hands together and placed the tip of his index fingers on his lips.

Just as he'd closed his eyes his phone beeped again. He had expected it to be John answering to his text. One of his hands reached in to the pocket of his dressing grown and in the same smooth motion he slid over the screen to unlock the keyboard.

What he saw made his fingers grip on his phone a lot tighter. James was insisting their old feelings still existed, so Sherlock automatically assumed more had been said and done. More then John would ever tell him.

--text to James--
    One drip of water is enough to kill a spark. Flames are nothing when you're surrounded by an ocean. -SH

Oh how he loved using metaphors like that.

(( Oh I could write on like that forever LOL I had to stop myself from writing Jim's part under it again. Very Happy anyway. I need sleep now, I'll reply to our other things as soon as possible! Night night! Xx ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 pm

John rolled his eyes when he read Sherlock's answer, there was some truth in it, but he wasn't going to admit that to his flatmate.

You must be incredibly bored if you feel the need to ruin my reunion with Jim. -JW

He pushed the phone back in his trousers' pocket as he paid for the milk and started walking back to Baker Street.

His heart was still beating so fast, it still felt like he had done something crazy, he was happy though.

He couldn't help, in that moment, thinking about when he could try and call Jim again without sounding too desperate.
    Tomorrow seemed to be too early and he knew he would sound too obsessed, maybe the day after?
    He wondered if Sherlock would stop being a prick about this though.

((Ahah XDD it's lovely, you can go on as much as you want, I enjoy reading it XDD))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am

Sherlock was still stretched out on the sofa. He had dropped his phone on to his chest, waiting for both John and James to answer him. It didn't take one of them very long, Sherlock felt his phone vibrate on his chest and lowered his hand to pick it up. It was John.

Ruin? What did he ruined? If they were just talking there was nothing to ruin. Sherlock knew he'd interrupted a certain tension that must had occurred between the ex lovers. It was the only explanation on why John would say he'd ruined anything.

Sherlock glanced at the clock. John should be here in approximately 5 minutes. Time enough to reply to the ex soldier. Sherlock figured he would not be in a good mood when he finally got home. He'd either confront Sherlock with what he'd done, or otherwise stay quiet until Sherlock would eventually mention it himself. Oh well, as long as he actually brought milk...

-- Text to John --
    Only preventing you suffering unnecessary emotional pain. I need your mind straight, not distracted.

SH

--

James fell back on his own bed after getting himself a cold drink. John's face was constantly showing in his mind. He had no idea when he'd see the other one again, but somewhere he just hoped John would turn around and knock his door again. It wouldn't happen though, he just needed to be patient now. Something he was not very good at.

Just as he closed his eyes his phone beeped loud. It made him jump a little since he'd thought Sherlock would not waste his time on these kind of things. A grin spread on his face. Oh, this man was flawless. And clever, so awfully clever.

-- Text to Sherlock --
    I've only witnessed a puddle of jealousy, no ocean. ;-)

JM

He loved the idea of angervating Sherlock. After all, he was the one to start this. James figured Sherlock would be mad at John when he got home. Poor John, he deserved so much better. Once more James's fingers dances over his phone's screen. Once he was done he tossed it next to him on the bed. It was 3:44AM and he was rather tired.

-- Text to John --
    I hope we meet soon.

Goodnight. X

JM
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am

John frowned when he read Sherlock's message, stopping as the traffic light turned red, he watched the cabs pass by for a long moment, thinking about Sherlock's words.

Text to Sherlock
    What do you mean unnecessary emotional pain? -JW

He sent it with a huff. Why was Sherlock being so negative? John had been happy about seeing Jim, he was ecstatic at the idea they could meet again, there was nothing like pain in it. Unless of course, Jim turned out to be some sort of jerk he could not relate to any more.

It was in that moment that he received Jim's message, he felt his cheeks burn red and he grinned.
    No, Jim wasn't a jerk.
    He was just as sweet as he remembered.

Ah, what was he doing to him though? Making him swoon and dream like a teenage girl.

Text to Jim
    Tomorrow night? I know it's early, but I want to know what you did these last years. I know it's late, you can reply in the morning. Goodnight. -JW

He sent the text and bit on his lower lip, finally crossing the road. He knew he had written Jim he could reply in the morning, but he couldn't help his heart from beating expectantly.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 am

Just as Sherlock wanted to reply to John's text he heard the door opening. John was home and there was no need in tiring his thumps out trying to explain something John would probably not even understand.

Once the door to the living room opened Sherlock started his fast and constructed explanation:
    "I mean he's not the same as he was 15 years ago. No one is and you cannot expect him to. There's much more to him than his surface and what you perhaps call a fit body. John, you know nothing about this man, he could be a murderer for all we now. "Sherlock why are you being so skeptical?" Oh, stupid question John, don't you see? I'm not being skeptical, I am being realistic and actually use my rational mind. You will get yourself hurt if he's not living up to what you're expecting him to be. You'll be disappointed and you'd regret not listening to me now. So let's skip all the silly feelings in between and go to the part where you tell me I'm right already?"

By now he had lifted himself up the sofa and was standing only inches away from John, towering down over him. He hadn't even noticed the beep of his phone as he kept talking on. eagerly he grabbed his phone, huffing as he read the new message. Jealous?! Oh, please.

He decided for now there was no use in replying to James.

--

Sherlock was not answering him anymore, so James figured John had arrived home and was now getting the full load. Though, he was rather surprised when his phone did buzzed. Smoothly he unlocked the keyboard and saw John's number appear. Even the sight of it made him glow. James found himself giggling out loud and felt so immature for it the moment later. Silly John, why waiting until tomorrow to reply?

-- Text to John --
    Tomorrow's just fine. 8.30PM, Irish Pub at Covent Garden? X

JM.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

John stepped back when Sherlock moved thunderous towards him, the amount of words overwhelmed him and for a moment he could just gape at him.
    Then he frowned.
    And then he looked at him daringly.
    "I know all that already, I am not expecting him to be the same, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends," he protested, sustaining his friend's gaze.

"I had some unfinished business with Jim, I had to apologize for what I did 15 years ago, and all you did was interrupt me every bloody 5 minutes... and for what? Because you wanted milk? At four o'clock in the morning? I do not think so," he snapped, very much annoyed by his friend's behavior. "You could have shown a bit of delicacy for once in your life, Sherlock."

He heard his phone beep in his trousers, he knew it was probably Jim, no one else would text him at this time.
    His heart was beating fast in his chest, but he did not break eye contact, he knew that now was not a good time to answer the text, even though he wanted to, oh so much.

((I feel bad for leaving Sherlock all to you, but you are doing it in such a wonderful and full of personality way, that I feel like I would ruin it if I put lines in his mouth >> ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Sherlock frowned slightly. "So if you already knew, why did you waste time by asking me what I meant?" Slightly he shook his head, his eyes still drilling into John's. Friends? Was John really believing his own words? Even a little kid could tell he was into this man again. Sherlock just couldn't allow this to happen. James needed to stay away from his John. He had SO much more to offer. He'd do anything to prove himself right on this matter.

He huffed at John's words. "I could easily turn this around, John. Unfinished business, at 4 o' clock in the morning?" His eyebrow raised dramatically. "You know why most people meet up at that time of night? Right?" And now his face lowered and he was towering out over John once more, interrupting every bit of the man's personal space. "I felt the need to keep you grounded. To snap you back into reality. Nostalgia is a dangerous feeling, it blinds you with deceptive visions of your past."

As Sherlock could have guessed earlier, John would once again not take his word on this. Though he was not planning on giving up, no matter how long it would take. John would, eventually, find out himself that his detective flatmate, in the end, always had it right.

Just as Sherlock finished he heard the attenuated tone of John's phone. They only said goodbye 24 minutes ago and they were already texting each other? Sherlock's gaze traveled down over John's body and ended at his left pocket. He clearly indicated he knew who just send that text.

"Oh let me guess." He said annoyed while his eyes rolled around. "He told you how great it was to see you again and he's now asking whether you could meet up again. Of course you eagerly answered with an agreement of doing it as soon as possible and he now is sending you the details. My guess? Tomorrow evening, at some bar."

--

James had waited for several minutes, but did not get any reply. His eyes were starting to get heavy and his breathing slowed down. All he could think about at this moment was John. He thought about how Sherlock was now attacking him. How John had came here to see him, how John wanted to see him tomorrow.... With those thoughts the criminal mastermind fell asleep peacefully.

((Ahhw. Don't worry about it. xD Though, if you feel the need to let Sherlock say anything that you think would be good to add up in the story, feel free to do so. Because honestly I've no idea what I'm doing with him. Hhaha! Very Happy ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 pm

John rolled his eyes at Sherlock's words, he was always the same. "I didn't waste time, I was just asking for your opinion, but you are being overly dramatic about the whole thing," he said and shivered when he felt the other's eyes going over his body.
    He always felt naked and raw when Sherlock did that.

"The reason why we met up at that time is because you decided to interfere not giving me his number, not because we were trying to get off... so if you have to blame anyone, blame yourself, you are making such a big fuss about this that if you go on like this you are going to be the one convincing me I am in love with Jim..." he muttered angrily, his eyes flashing dangerously as he looked up at the detective.
    They were way too close, and it wasn't usual, not unless it was one of those nights.

"Nostalgia is bad, I know, I do not intend to let myself be guided by him, but I still like Jim and I want to be his friend, and you, my dear Sherlock," he hissed, his index finger poking his chest, "You don't have a saying in it... you lost your right to talk when you decided to keep things from me, you know very well I don't like that, and I would expect at least my best friend not to trick me," and he meant it, he was hurt by Sherlock's manipulations, he trusted Sherlock, he couldn't afford to lose him like this. He didn't even try to deny that they were going to meet again, but he was not going to give Sherlock any details, that was sure.

((I am not sure either XDD I am surely looking forwards to Jim going berserk and making the great game to get rid of Sherlock, so maybe we can have Sherlock making a plan to make sure Jim knows John is his? Resulting in Jim going crazy with jealousy? Even though we might need them to be a bit more attached emotionally for that to work well...))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 am

Sherlock had opened his mouth several times to interrupt John, but he'd never been given the chance to. His ego got completely smashed into the ground by his flatmate and he had not seen it coming. He just simply huffed and turned around; dramatically fell on to the sofa and wrapped himself up in his dressing gown.

He was never wrong. John had no right to say he'd been doing something wrong. He's only protecting him, why is he refusing to see? This James guy, what an idiot, he needed to be gone. Or at least he needed to know John wasn't available. John was his to use, no one else's. Still turned away from John he was sulking on to sofa. By tomorrow he would have figured something out.

((Yea Jim would eventually go insane from jealousy. Having John followed checked everywhere, doing anything to keep sherlock away. Still need to work out what or how. But i'll get there. ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Fri May 04, 2012 11:01 am

John couldn't help the grin that stretched on his lips when Sherlock gave up, it meant he had won, at least for now.
    He felt a bit guilty when the detective curled on the sofa, but at the moment he knew he wasn't supposed to give him an opening.
    "Don't worry Sherlock, okay?" he said, and moved towards him, running his hand through his hair with a quick gesture.

"If I didn't know better, I would think you are jealous," he said, ready to pull away and retreat to his room. He was tired, exhausted really, it had been a day filled to the brim, and he couldn't wait for tomorrow.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 am

Sherlock glanced over his shoulder to face John again. How dare he accuse him of being jealous? Possessive? maybe. Caring? Definitively! But jealous? No... No, not jealous. right?

He stretched out his hand and wrapped it around John's wrist. "John I..." For a moment he second guessed his next words. "I care about you. I just don't want to see you hurt." Restless his eyes scanned over John's face. He could read it so easily though he did not find the need to do so at the moment.

John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 am

John's heart sped up suddenly when Sherlock grabbed his wrist, his eyes automatically moving to his face, inquisitive, questioning.
    He relaxed a bit at the words, the detective hardly talked about feelings, but it was clear he did care.

"I know," he said, and smiled a bit. "But I can take care of myself... and your meddling might hurt me more than whatever else could happen... your support on the other hand would be much more helpful..." he said with a hopeful gaze.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Sherlock let go of John's wrist. Brushing his pale, long fingers over the surface of his hand. "Goodnight." He just said before turning around again. He refused giving John his word on supporting him. Though, he did not reject the offer. He just wasn't answering it. He needed to think, think about how he could get rid of the other man. Thinking how to make clear John is his, and sharing is not an option.

(( Hey! So I was thinking, perhaps Sherlock could show up at Jim & John's date tomorrow. Like sort of what he does in the blind banker when John goes out on a date with Sarah and he suggested the theater and later showed up himself. But then here i'd say he finds out where John's going through his homeless network or something and then accidentally shows up and is llike oh don't mind I'm just randomly deducing things here. Hahah. Well okay not the last part but you get my point? It's only an idea, we don't have to do it ))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:49 am