BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty) Empty Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 am

This year at school had never been more boring. Nothing had happened and James did not like that. Sat outside on a bench he was complaining to his best friend, Sebastian Moran. "Seb, I'm going insane here." He whimpered. "Why's that?" Seb shrugged. He did not see the problem, people had been breaking up, there had been fights, teachers had hook up so what more did he need?
    "Everything here is so boring. So ordinary and dull." He explained. The ordinary things weren't good enough for him, he needed more. He needed something involving himself. Seb sighed and pulled a face "You just want some attention." he paused for a second "Attention whore."

"Psh, so what?" He wasn't even going to deny it because he knew his best friend was hitting the nail on the head. At the same moment John Watson walked by, limping on his stick. Both Seb and James stared at him. "I heard he and his sister got in a car crash. She was pissed as fuck." Seb explained. "His sister? Harry Watson? I believe they called her the school bike, since everyone is riding her." Both of them started laughing out loud, getting strange and irritated looks from fellow students.

Seb and James had the reputations of being bad boys. They were, what other's called them, clever bullies. They always managed to stay out of problems even if they caused them. Which happened a lot. Someone else was always taking the blame. People either envied or completely hated them. There seldom was an in between.

"He is rather cute, walking that stick." James said joking. With those words an idea popped into Seb's mind. "Hey, why don't you go and seduce him." He wasn't joking, his voice edged serious. "What? Seb, I'd have him down on his knees within minutes" James bragged, now facing Seb. "Perhaps, but could you turn him gay? After all he is known for hitting on girls." "Easy Peasy" James replied. "So it's a bet?" Seb stretched out his hand. "It's a bet." James placed his hand on top of Seb's and tightly shook it. "You need to make him admit he's gay in front of the whole school." He explained before letting go of his friend's hand. James nodded "Watch me." He hopped of the bench and ran after John.

"Why hello there." He approached John with a smile on his face.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty) Empty Re: Want to bet on it? (John/Moriarty)

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:58 am

John was not a happy kid.
    He used to have everything really, a nice girlfriend, a good rugby team, and a caring sister.
    One day he lost everything and he had to learn to live with a stick.

He didn't like to talk about it. He didn't like anything at all, to be honest.

He was just dragging himself through the days, wishing for something that would save him from this hell of a school, where everyone would point and laugh at him, or ignore him completely.

He had heard the bullies laugh at him that day, even though he wasn't sure why, he could imagine it.
    He didn't expect someone to come up to him though.

"No," he said instinctively, holding his hand up in some sort of warning. A lot of those tossers came up to him to taunt him about his sister, he was having none of that.

((this is great!! I love you <3))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 am

James wasn't one to be stopped just because other's told him too. "No what?" He playfully asked, throwing himself in front of John so he couldn't walk through.

Quickly he glanced over John's shoulder, seeing Seb's eyes pinned on both of them. He then stared into John's eyes. "Just wanted to ask how you've been you know.. School, grades, life in general."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 am

"No to whatever silly request you had in mind," he knew he was not going to like it anyway, it was always something that had to do with the accident, or worse, with Harry's dating habits.

He frowned at him, his eyes were dark, he was quickly retreating inside his shell. "Why would you want to know that?" he found himself snapping, and his hand fisted his stick.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am

"Oh come on. Don't be so persistent. I'm only being polite." He smiled as he tried to convince John to at least have a few lines of conversation.

"Why wouldn't I care? You're a fellow student, people say you're a nice guy. Just trying to figure it out myself." He explained.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 am

"I know you are being polite," he said, and looked him over. "I want to know why you decided to be polite to me today of all days," he added, not at all convinced.

He laughed a bit: "If your friends told you I am nice, they probably don't like you very much," he commented and leaned his weight on the stick. "I am just trying to understand why you are suddenly interested in me... you want my lunch money maybe?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:04 am

"Oh I just saw you walking by and started to think... I don't know much about John Watson. Let's change that." He still wore his smile. This might be a bit more difficult than he initially thought. But he liked a challenge. At least he wasn't bored anymore.

He laughed back. "My friends? If you mean MorOn over there, yea he isn't the most luminous of all." He joked glancing over to wink at his best friend.

"Why would I want your lunch money? I brought my own. In fact, let's have lunch together? I figured sitting alone must be boring." He suggested.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

"Ah, how about you cut the crap? Then maybe I will take you a tiny bit more seriously," he said, his eyes following the other's gaze and the way Sebastian was looking at them.
    He did not like that one bit.

He retreated slightly when spending lunch alone was mentioned, for a moment he was vulnerable. He looked around, stretching his neck, then again at him.
    "Unless you are offering, I am not interested," he said, because the problem was also that he had no lunch money at all.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

"Okay right. The thing is people talk about you as a "bad boy."... I.. I like that." He admitted with a charming blush on his face. For a moment he wondered why he refused to take acting class.

"Fine. Lunch on me. I'll see you at 12.30, same spot." He offered, but John saying no wasn't really an option since he was already making his way back to Sebastian, wearing a proud smile on his face.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:37 am

John found himself rolling his eyes at the other's comment, but he had no time to really protest, nor say anything before he was gone.

He knew who Sebastian Moran was, he had been with him in the Rugby team, but he had no idea who the smaller kid was even though he had seen him around.

He grabbed the shirt of someone who was passing by, jerking him closer and the boy whimpered, started, scared.

"Who's that guy?" he asked, pointing towards Sebastian and his friend in the distance.

"J-James Moriarty..." stammered the sophomore.

"Thanks," he said, and smoothed the guy's shirt a bit apologetically.

A few hours later he was limping his way inside the cafeteria and sat at his usual place, without lunch, and waited.

He knew this wasn't the place James had told him to be, but he'd be damned if he followed someone' orders just because he was being offered lunch.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

By the time lunch time arrived James walked out to the spot they were supposed to meet but no one showed up. He figured John was just being stubborn and already went to the cafeteria.

Once there he spotted the blonde guy, sitting alone on the table he always occupied. James quickly went to grab two sandwiches and a can of soda. As he approached John he looks around, people giving him some questionable looks, but that didn't stop him.

He dropped the sandwich in the table before showing himself. "Ah here you are." He smiled before joining John at his table. "Bought you lunch, as promised."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 am

John was started out of his thoughts by a sandwich landing on the table, he looked up annoyed, but calmed down once he saw who it was.

"James Moriarty," he said and took the sandwich, looking at it curiously before he started unwrapping it. "Good to know you keep your promises," he muttered and leaned back on the chair.

"I looked you up on the school's forum. People say mean things about you," he commented, and bit the sandwich. "Apparently you could have poisoned this and no one would be surprised."
    John had a bit of a death wish though.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

James could only smile hearing John's words. "They can blame a lot on me, but I do keep my word." He assured John. He opened his own sandwich and took a bite out of it.

"So you did your research?" He was surprised, it only indicated John, in some way, was interedted in who he was. "People tend to talk too much." he pointed out. "If I haven't poisoned it, the rat potion will have." He said, putting his own sandwich aside. No wonder he never bought lunch at school.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am

John looked at him unimpressed, but then he was finishing his sandwich, balling the wrapping paper and throwing it towards the nearest bin.
    "I like to be well-informed. I wanted to give myself an idea of what you could possibly want with me," he said and settled his head on his hand.

"Considering what some of the girls said, you are quite the heart-breaker," he joked off-handedly.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am

"I approve on that. I'm always well informed." He shrugged. "Want mine?" He gestured to his own sandwich. There was no way he was going to finish that crap.

He laughed out loud as John mentioned his reputation of being a heartbreaker. "I happen to attract them, but turn them down. They're all so hollow on the inside. Numb, uninteresting." He explained. Not to brag, but he wasn't bad looking and could be rather charming. Girls fell easily at his feet, but they never managed to keep his interest for very long.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 am

"Yes, I have heard about that too," he muttered and nodded, taking the sandwich that had been left aside, he was starving even though he was used to skipping lunch by now.

"It seems you take care to fuck them sideways before you leave them behind though," he pointed out, soon finishing the other's sandwich.

"Well, thank you for the lunch," he exclaimed, standing up.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

Once again he laughed out loud, rather flattered. "Sideways? Is that how they describe it?" He rolled his eyes. He did had sex with some of them, but the way John put it was overacted. "Perhaps i shagged some of them. But never against their will." He watched John standing up.

"Until the next time, John." He sort of waved.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 pm

"I sure hope they were willing," he said dryly, looking at James for a moment, a bit unsure whether he should just leave or stay for a little more.
    He frowned at himself for hesitating.

"Yeah, right, next time. Whatever," he said, looking away and taking his stick.
    A few seconds later he was limping out of the cafeteria.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 pm

James hopped of his chair and headed over to the spot Seb and he always had lunch. "He looked me up on the school forum." He told Seb who just started to laugh. James never read the forum but Seb did, passing everything on to James so he knew what was on there. "Well, Things are going smooth." He assured Seb. "Now give me back my own lunch." He grabbed the package seb had kept aside and started to eat.

He didn't had a plan on what to do next, but he would grab every change he had to be alone with John.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

((Skipping a bit ahead in time? I wrote that Jim spends some of his lunch time with John every day, so John is used to him now, but he's still all clammed up, I think it's a good moment to have Jim ask him out for something, either at his place or at a party someone is organizing or anything that you think will help them getting closer >> so they spend time together after school... I hope it's okay! I can change it if you had other ideas~~))

John became rather used to Jim coming around to exchange a few words during lunch. He always sat in the same place, alone, and the other kid would sit down, chat politely with him, and then disappear. John didn't have anyone else, so he started looking forwards to that part of the day, even though he couldn't bring himself to show it.

On one day he was rather irked about his situation though, his head full of the taunting he had received from his mother and sister. He couldn't understand why Jim gave him the time of the day and he ended up lashing out.
    "Why do you do this then? Is it a 'help the cripple' campaign? Do you get extra credit for this?" he asked, even though Jim had been talking about something else entirely.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Jim slowly started to know John Watson. He never said much about himself but every now and then he opened up about things in his personal life. He had figured his personal life wasn't that easy. Unlike Jim who was spoiled and got everything he wanted.

As usual he bought John a sandwich and grabbed himself a can of soda before he occupied the seat next to the blonde. Talking about some class he just had, John surprised him with his remarks.
    "What? No!" He said. "I already told you I'd like to know you better, befriend you." He explained. "I don't care about extra credits or whatever." He shrugged.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 pm

John sighed, he knew he was over reacting, but he didn't like to wish for things he couldn't have. He knew he was a horrible friend, and he knew the other students didn't wish to be his friends at all, why was Jim different?

"Why did you choose me of all people then?" he asked, looking at the sandwich. Jim was spoiling him, buying him lunch every day, and what did he get in return? John yelling at him? He suddenly felt guilty and looked away. "Sorry, it's just a bad day," he said, biting on his lower lip.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Once he noticed John looking at the sandwich he pushed it towards him. "I don't understand how you can eat these." He joked as he saw John opening it. He started eating as if it were the only thing he got all day. Perhaps it even was.

"Because I noticed you always walked alone. Just thought you might appreciate some company." He shrugged once more. "Want to talk about it?"

Even though at this point he saw John as nothing more than a challenge, he did felt the need to be there for him. This guy didn't had anyone and Jim could take him having a go because of a bad day.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm

"They are not that bad," he said, and shrugged. "They are better than nothing anyway," he pointed out, starting on the sandwich.

"I am not the only person who is alone in this school, I am rather sure," he said, and looked at his cane. "Is it because of the stick? You feel pity because I can't walk properly?" he asked, his jaw clenching.

He was surprised when James asked him if he wanted to talk about it. "I... am not sure..." he looked around, "I am sorry, I am not used to people wanting to hear me out these days," he admitted, and couldn't help the blush on his cheeks.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 pm

"The stick? John I couldn't care less." For a moment he lowered his gaze and rested it on John's stick. Why did he have one anyway? His shoulder got injured from what he heard. But asking that now wasn't in order.

"Hey, perhaps talking about it reliefs some of the tension. I'm willing to be that person." He said with an ever so gentle smile on his face. He saw John's blush, that was a good thing. He must be flattered by Jim showing interest in his personal life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am