BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty)

iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Annoying John, playing violin, being reckless

Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty) Empty Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty)

Post by iamsherlocked Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Sherlock was studying in his dorm for the midterms that came dutifully before Spring Break. He didn't really need to study but it kept him occupied, and interested for the most part. Below him in the campus court, students are laughing and yelling, surely getting ready for Spring Break which would be started the week after next. He sighed, he just didn't get what the big fuss was about.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty) Empty Re: Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty)

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Jim was outside, walking back to his own room since he had just finished his classes for today. Happily the quite popular guy skipped over the campus court. Jim didn't really cared about everything else going on, he felt himself rather above them all. Though there had always been one person who had always attracted his attention. Someone his teacher once called extraordinary. Just how Jim likes it, he never got along with ordinary, boring students having their life planned out already. Though he had never got the opportunity to meet this person, but he sure would like to if he ever got the chance.

Spring break was only a week away. Jim did like it though, no classes, parties, being free and most of all, being able to sleep a bit longer. Though he had to study, especially for chemistry which he didn't seem to be the best in.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty) Empty Re: Spring Break (iamsherlocked/James Moriarty)

Post by iamsherlocked Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Sherlock decided to go out for a bit and stretch his legs, he had been studying for the better part of two hours now. He steps outside of his dorm and heads towards the stairs. As he's walking he remembers a book he should pick up in the library and decides to head that way. After walking down two flights of stairs he lights up a cigarette and begins walking towards the library.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Jim arrived at his dorm, dumped his books and fell flat on his bed. He sighed deep, knowing that he now had a pile of papers to go through for his chemistry. The fact there were girls screaming and giggling just outside his window didn't help either, he needed to go somewhere quiet.

The library seemed like the perfect place to go. He could easily get some books on his subject there to ease it a little as well. He forced himself back on his feet and started to make his way over.

About 5 minutes later he found himself inhaling the smoke of a cigarette. As he looked up he saw who was walking just a few meters in front. Sherlock Holmes. The smartest guy on this school. And it seemed he was heading towards the library at well.

Jim increased his pace. "Hey." He said as he was close enough to Sherlock to be heard.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Sherlock turned around, he saw Jim Moriarty, he was in one of his classes and although he didn't like to apply himself during class, Sherlock could tell that he was very intelligent. He had always been curious about this boy and gladly stopped to allow him to catch up.

"Hello," he smiled slightly, trying to be polite and not completely off-putting.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Jim skipped forward until he found himself next to his fellow student. "You're Sherlock Holmes, right?" He asked, very polite, smiling slightly as he took a good look at the boy.

"I was just going to the library myself." He said as he didn't knew what else he could give as a reason for starting to talk out of the blue.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Thu May 17, 2012 2:02 pm

"Yes I am, and you're James Moriarty."

He couldn't help noticing that he was a rather attractive man, short but well built, with very lively eyes. It seemed like he always had some sort of secret and it killed Sherlock not to know what those secrets were.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 17, 2012 2:35 pm

James grinned as Sherlock mentioned his name. He felt honored that someone like Sherlock would even consider remembering who he was. Let alone knowing who he was without even meeting.

"Yes, yes indeed I am. Nice meeting you." He said as he watched Sherlock's dark curls sway in the breeze that just passed by. It was rather cute.

((off to bed!! night.))
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Thu May 17, 2012 2:43 pm

"Nice meeting you too."

Sherlock dropped his cigarette butt to the ground and put it out gingerly with the toe of his shoe. Something about this boy made him want to take a chance, to do something he didn't normally do.

"Would you like to walk with me to the library?"

It was a decent walk from this part of campus and usually Sherlock didn't like the company of people, let alone strangers.

((Have a good sleep!!(: ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 am

Jim smiled, his eyes following the other's hand as he dropped the cigarette. Then his eyes fluttered back up to Sherlock's and for a brief moment he got lost in them.

"Yes, sure." He replied. "We're both going the same way anyway." As if needed to give himself an excuse to walk along with a fellow student.

For a few moments it remained silent and Jim figured he had to say something to keep the conversation going.

"So.. Are you excited for spring break?" He asked, looking up to the taller guy as they made their way over the campus court.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 am

Sherlock gave a terse reply,"I'm not doing anything for Spring Break, I don't go to parties."

Silence ensues before he adds, "I'm just not a very social person, I prefer to do things by myself."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 am

Jim glanced over at Sherlock. He never did take him for a party animal, though he had thought he had some kinds of plans. "Really, nothing at all? God, how boring." Jim blurred out.

"I'm glad you decided to not prefer walking on your own then." He said a bit confused. Sherlock claimed to be anti social yet he just invited a stranger to walk with him. Jim let go of the thought though, it didn't really mattered, he was glad to finally meet this person.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Fri May 18, 2012 10:18 am

"I'm sure I'll find something to do, I always do."

They had almost made it to the library, buds from flowering trees were starting to bloom and there were petals everywhere. One landed on Sherlock's nose which he quickly brushed off with irritation. Walking with Moriarty wasn't that bad, a little twinge of hope stirred in Sherlock as he entertained the thought of having a friend, which he quickly pushed away.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 18, 2012 10:26 am

The rest of the walk was spent having some small talk, nothing special, but Jim did like the way things were going between the both of them.

Once in the library Jim remembered why he came here. And he also remembered his science teacher's words. He once mentioned Sherlock, saying he had never saw someone so good on his subject.

"I have to study science." He started. "I need to pass, otherwise I fail the whole year. I totally suck at it. But I do remember Mr. Harrids telling me you're very good at it.. so.. I thought.. you perhaps could help me out a bit?" Jim asked, hesitatingly looking at Sherlock.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 am

Sherlock smiled, always glad to know that he was the most intelligent in the class and recommended by their professor to help other students.

"Of course I will, I was only here to pick up something for entertainment. What are you having trouble with?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

"Really?" Jim said, almost a bit too enthusiastic. Perhaps this wasn't just about his science, but also about the fact he got to spend time with this handsome guy.

"Here. This." Jim said, taking a folded paper out of his jacket and handing it over to Sherlock. "It's so boring." He muttered, really disliking the subject.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Fri May 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Sherlock chuckles a little bit, seeing it's something he finds extremely easy, something he would do right before going to bed just to cool his brain down.

"It's only boring if you look at it that way, I find it to be quite a relaxing activity." He goes through a few problems, explaining briefly how he got his answers and then tried a couple with Jim.

"Do you think you're starting to catch on?" He looked over at Jim's bright eyes in hopes that he wasn't as bad of a teacher as he thought.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Sherlock had Jim's full attention. He listened carefully to every work his new friend spoke. Sherlock made it sound so interesting, even though Jim was sure it had more to do with his presence.

"Yes. Yes I get it. Thanks." He said, staring back into Sherlock's eyes while smiling slightly. It wasn't until now he realises how beautiful the other's eyes were. He could easily got lost in them, and that was exactly what he was doing right now.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Sherlock found it was easy to keep eye contact with Jim, he had warm bright eyes which were such the opposite of his own cool gently luminescent eyes. Jim's were like a yellow star, whereas Sherlock's were like a moon, only reflecting the light of someone like Jim. But what would he know about astronomy? Or other boy's eyes for that matter. Neither had interested him until recently.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 am

Jim didn't know how long he had been staring into the others eyes, but suddenly something snapped inside of his, bringing him back to senses.

"Eh..Hmgrg.. We should go looking for the books you needed." He said, trying to make any kind of conversation.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 am

"Right," Sherlock got up and headed in the direction of specific sciences and cryptology. "I'm looking for a book on topology and ancient runes."

His eyes got a far off look in them while he perused the books silently. He had read most of them already but the topology book was new and he needed refreshment in the way of runes. He was intrigued by the fact Jim was still with him, didn't this boy have better things to do than stick around with him?
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 am

"Hmm. Let's see." Jim started wandering around, leaving Sherlock to look for whatever he was looking. A few moments later he came back. He leaned against the wall next to the row Sherlock was in. He held a few books in his hands, no idea if Sherlock would be interested at all. But before he mentioned he was back, he just stood there, watching Sherlock and realizing he already liked this figure.

"These, perhaps?" He asked eventually.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

Sherlock glanced causally at the books Jim was holding. "Quantum Physics, The Scientific Art of Taxidermy, and Topology. You found the new book I was looking for, they filed it wrong."

He made a face, obviously irritated at someone's inability to correctly file books. Sherlock took all three of the books from Jim, if he was kind enough to find the right book for him it would be polite if he took them all right? As they moved to check the books out Sherlock thought of a question, "Where's your dorm? Maybe if you need help studying later I could come over?" Although he had the wonderful ability to deduce things about others by simply looking he feared he wasn't hiding his own feelings very well. It's not like he liked Jim or anything, he just thought he was kinda, intriguing and well, kinda cute..
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 21, 2012 10:20 am

"Obviously..." Jim said a bit confused. he hadn't even noticed someone had filed them wrong. At least he had managed to find something Sherlock liked so he could only take it as an accomplishment.

He just tagged along with Sherlock as he went to check out the books, assuming they'd be saying goodbye soon now. He frowned slightly as Sherlock asked him about his dorm, but he didn't mind. He wouldn't even mind Sherlock popping in every once and a while.

"D building. Second floor room 6." He replied, probably a bit too eager.
    iamsherlocked
    iamsherlocked

Post by iamsherlocked Mon May 21, 2012 10:30 am

"Okay, well I'll see you in class." He had spoken too impulsively when he suggested studying with Jim tonight..he'd have to go back to his dorm and mull it over, he didn't want to seem too forward, especially if Jim wasn't feeling the same way towards him. After saying goodbye to Jim he stepped outside and lit a cigarette. It was a brisk walk back to his dorm building compared to his earlier, more leisurely walk with Jim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 am