BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:25 pm

I mean the biochemical processes Smile Sherlock is 'scalpel', an instrument for precision, means his investigation goes deeper than laymen's. Ordinary people might focused on what their eyes can see from the outside but Sherlock, he is a certified chemist whose career choice also making use of forensic and criminology knowledge.

Do you know that slow-acting poison would be embedded in various tissues of the victim and might survive even centuries after their death?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for a Sherlock, Moriarty, or Mycroft

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm not saying it won't be there, but I think it would be extremely difficult to find, isolate, and identify it. I think the poison would have to be Sherlock knows is very deadly, but hard to associate to where it came from or how it was ingested.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Poison of your own creation or a real world one?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Of my own creation. To my knowledge, no such poison actually exists.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:04 pm

..... Talk with Sherlock's player, how far he will bring the investigation into. However, if you involve Mycroft, be aware that I am fully capable of analyzing it down to the molecular level.

The standard question, how far are you willing to go in the matter of 'love and deceit'?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:36 pm

I am willing to go as far as it gets as long as it aids in the plot.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Lol. Now, where's our Sherlock goes to.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:00 pm

I mean, it is like five in the morning in the UK, so...
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Guess he is not a round-the-clock roleplayer, lol. Five AM is a good time to enjoy the morning crisp air. Wink
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:19 pm

I would be an around-the-clock roleplayer if I didn't have to sleep in order to do well in school. During weekends, I am, though.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:28 pm

:p

What else we could discuss about while waiting?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Hm. How about you tell me how Mycroft will be played? Is he much different from BBC's version?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:48 pm

More active than BBC version. Ambitious, forceful, egotistical, adaptable, calculating, strategic, and scored quite high on the infamous Dark Triad. It is a mistake if thinking that beneath the exterior there is a fluffy core. He might have sentimental streak but it is limited to very few. On the overall, there is layers of ice under the polite smile. Generally calm until severely provoked.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Ooh, that's interesting. I've always been intrigued by Mycroft. He's far too underrated, in my opinion.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Is that the reason you choose that user name?
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 pm

My favorite characters are Moriarty and Mycroft, so I thought it would be an appropriate username.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:17 pm

I see...

To follow your example (Katrina Greene) - he doesn't do romance but taking care of 'the itch that demand to be scratches' when he have time and inclination for it. Mostly go for female but had a few discreet liaison with males. Enjoy the challenges, the battle of wits and repartee that come with his role. Exceptional self-control, head over heart, appreciate physical beauty but it is seduction of the mind that have chance to become more than just one night stand, casual romp beneath the sheets.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:26 pm

That reminds me of the scene in Buckingham Palace where Sherlock says that sex doesn't alarm him, to which Mycroft replies with, "How would you know?"
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:29 pm

The Iceman and The Virgin. I always on mind that the nicknames are not only about sexual experience but also about their skills & attitude about cloak & dagger, which is also Moriarty's game.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:35 pm

That's true. I've never thought of it that way, though.

I have an idea. So that we have an idea of what our characters are like, how about we prepare a sample of how we'd typically roleplay?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Good idea. My samples already on this forum, the Slash section. However, none of them is accurate representative of the Mycroft that will show up on our game. They all have exaggerated traits that were made that way to suit the game. How about you choose a situation then we both write as our characters.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

I just took a look, and I have to say I really like your writing style.

Hm, a scenario...how about just having alone time to think about the day's events? Nothing else comes to mind, lol.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:50 pm

You mean Mycroft checking emails, chatting with 'cousins across the pond' and the likes? He is that busy, always on call with erratic schedule and down time usually means sleeping on planes / cars. Spending time alone at home is a rare luxury.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Post by thearchenemy Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:52 pm

What he considers "free time". Just go for it.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:05 pm

He turned a page casually, engrossed on the novel. Historical stories is his guilty pleasure, he found the intricate storylines fascinating. From farmers to leaders to soldiers on the battlefield, their struggles keep him anchored to the concerns of ordinary people.

On a small side table, four different mobiles laid side by side. He doesn't expect a call but the world doesn't stop turning just because he decide to have some time for relaxation. Tomorrow is another day and his service would be on high demand as usual but now he is simply a man who enjoys a good time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:13 pm