BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

A Study in Space (Sherlock Holmes and 10th Doctor)

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

A Study in Space (Sherlock Holmes and 10th Doctor) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Study in Space (Sherlock Holmes and 10th Doctor)

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 am

Sherlock put the mugs of tea down on the table and stood up straight, frowning and confused, staring at the Doctor.

"No..." he began, "no that's just...ridiculous...I mean what are you trying to say that you're actually aliens...I mean, actually from Mars?" He laughed, "What d'you take me for some kind of idiot?"

He stopped laughing when one of the Martians spoke up, saying they wanted to take him back for experimentation,.

"But...why would you want me?" he asked, turning to face them again.

"You have superior intelligence," the Martian replied.

Sherlock couldn't help smiling slightly, standing a little taller and glancing at himself approvingly in the mirror. "Well...I suppose you're right," he muttered arrogantly.
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Job : Doing Spacey Wacey Stuff

A Study in Space (Sherlock Holmes and 10th Doctor) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Study in Space (Sherlock Holmes and 10th Doctor)

Post by 10th Doctor Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:53 pm

The Doctor smiled, pleased with how quick Sherlock had changed from complete bewilderment to cockiness. "Right well regardless of his 'superior intelligence,' you can't take him back to Mars for experiments, it's against the Shadow Proclamation. You can observe him in his natural habitat and ask him questions, but I'm afraid that'll be the extent of the experimentation."

Having said this, he crossed his legs and took a sip of tea, looking sidelong at the Martians. "Oh and I'm sorry! How very rude of me! We haven't had your names yet have we?" He leaned forward, elbow on his knee and hand under his chin.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Sherlock chuckled. He was rather beginning to enjoy this little experience. It was certainly better than the boring day he was having beforehand. His new friend seemed utterly convinced that they were in fact Martians from Mars and he did seem to know rather a lot about things Sherlock had never even heard of. Maybe he knew about it at some point but just deleted it, not deeming it important enough, he wasn't entirely sure.

He perched on the arm of the chair next to the Doctor and looked expectantly at the Martians, wondering what they would do next. The three aliens looked at each other then one of them, obviously the leader of the small group, stepped forward to speak.

"I am Mackkavar, this is Klashbino and this is Heevinushkimolotop," he introduced each of the Martians in turn.
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:49 am

"Ahhh, well it's very nice to meet you Mackkavar." He said, addressing the head Martian, "and also you Klashbino and you Heevinushkimolotop." He looked back at Sherlock before returning to the Martians. "What say you then? Will you interview Sherlock here?"
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:18 am

"Bit of a mouthful isn't it?" Sherlock sneered. "Can't we just call you Hee?"

The Martians looked unimpressed. "We know who you are Doctor," said Mackkavar. "And we do not accept these terms." He nodded at the other two martians who brought out some strange looking weapons, one of them pointing at Sherlock, the other at the Doctor.

"We will take both of you back to Mars for experimentation. We would like to learn how to regenerate."

"How to what?" Sherlock frowned, confused again. "I'm not going anywhere with you...Especially not with those toy weapons. I know a real gun when I see one," he scoffed.
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 pm

"Sherlock, I would watch what I said.." The Doctor said quietly, a hint of warning in the tone of his voice. He slowly raised his hands above his head, showing he meant no harm. "Can we talk about this? We can't come with you, and we're no good to you dead, so let's just talk for a moment." The Doctor tried for a smile but could see this situation quickly getting out of his hands. It may be that they needed to go with The Martian's until he was able to figure out a course of action to get them away.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 am

"This is a real gun," the Martian replied and as if to demonstrate fired a lazer shot past Sherlock's head. Sherlock ducked down and then quickly stood up again, joining in the Doctor at raising his hands above his head. "OK OK," he muttered, "point proved."

"Our ship is in the basement of this building. We will go," spoke the leader and the other two motioned with their guns towards the door. Sherlock glanced over at the Doctor and turned his back, beginning to walk towards the door.

He shuffled a little closer to his new friend and whispered, "Do you have any weapons? My flatmate has a gun...but it's upstairs. I reckon we can take them."
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 am

"I don't make a habit of carrying weapons, I have a sonic screwdriver but that's really not going to do us much good right now." The Doctor whispered back, "I think it's better if we go with them and figure something out from there." He turned back to The Martians, "Are you in possession of my TARDIS currently?" He asked.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 am

"A what?" Sherlock snapped, not exactly in the mood for jokes right now. "What the hell can you do with that, build us some cabinets? OK fine, let's go with them. It's not like we have much choice right now."

The Martians pushed the two of them towards the door, Sherlock still held his hands above his head to show he meant no harm.

"We have the TARDIS in a force field," the head Martian replied. "We will transport it back to Mars for testing. Along with you Doctor and Mr Sherlock Holmes. Do not try to resist."
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 am

"A sonic screwdriver, it can unlock virtually anything and comes in handy when you're in a spot." The Doctor replied, not unused to getting remarks about cabinets and such. "At least they have the TARDIS." The Doctor responded under his breath to Sherlock. "As soon as we get on their ship I have a plan." The Doctor grinned, also keeping his hands above his head and allowing himself to easily be led out of the building.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 pm

"Well I'm glad someone does," Sherlock replied a little sarcastically. It was normally him that came up with the plans but this was entirely new territory and he still wasn't really sure what they were dealing with.

Never the less it was all rather exciting, he thought to himself as they were led down the stairs at gunpoint. They passed Mrs Hudson's flat and went down into the basement where in the centre of the room there was a strange blue light seemingly hovering in the air.

"Step into the transporter," the Martian ordered, nodding with his gun.
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

"Guests first." The Doctor said, waiting for Sherlock to step onto the transporter before joining his new friend. They were transported to the ship in a matter of seconds. It hadn't been the smoothest transport ever. The Doctor's stomach was a little queezy, so he could only imagine how Sherlock was feeling.

"Probed us a little on the way up then?" he asked when the Martian's appeared on the ship. He had a stern look on his face, "This isn't what we agreed to." He said slowly, a hint of a growl in his voice.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 am

Sherlock had to admit he was a little nervous when he stepped into the transporter, although he never would have shown it to anyone else. He had expected them to go on some sort of long journey but the transition was instant and suddenly he found himself in a heap on the cold floor of the Martian's ship.

He lifted his head up and got to his knees to try and look around but bloody hell, he was dizzy, the room was spinning and before he could have any control over it he found himself vomiting onto the floor. "Ughhh....shit..." he cursed after he'd done it. "My apologies..." He wiped the back of his mouth with his hand and staggered to his feet, feeling a bit embarrassed.
    10th Doctor
    10th Doctor

Post by 10th Doctor Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

The Doctor helped Sherlock up, transporting was one of his least favourite forms of transportation. "Are you feeling better now Sherlock?" The Doctor asked, concern apparent in his voice. He looked back at the Martian's angrily, "What did you do to him? You've completely broken our agreement." The Doctor wondered what he was doing here with Sherlock, they had to find the TARDIS and find out what was going on here, because this wasn't the way Martians usually acted, he wondered if they were being controlled or blackmailed.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:26 pm

The Martians looked a little frightened when the Doctor spoke so viciously to them. They knew he had quite a ferocious reputation and was not to be messed with.

Sherlock brushed himself down and readjusted his coat, feeling a little better. "I'm...I'm OK," he muttered, holding his hands up, the only thing really damaged was his ego.

"We need to take you to the Lord and Master," the head Martian spoke. "He is anxious to see you again Doctor."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am