BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Sherlock/OC Roleplay

Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Sherlock/OC Roleplay Empty Sherlock/OC Roleplay

Post by Phoenixfyre Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:46 am

Would anyone want to do a Sherlock/OC roleplay? I have an idea dealing with my female OC having been a person who knows Sherlock already and has assisted him on cases previously as she is a librarian who has access to lots of information. In this case, she would go to him as a client seeking his help when something strange occurs and she fears her life may be in danger. Let me know if you're interested in playing Sherlock's role! Very Happy
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Sherlock/OC Roleplay Empty Re: Sherlock/OC Roleplay

Post by Night Baron Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 am

Should you needs supporting character besides Sherlock, I might be able to assist ^^
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanks, Night Baron! Actually I could see John being a good character to add to the plot, if you were interested. Unless you had someone else you might want to play? I'm open to ideas.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:44 pm

The easiest character for me to play is Mycroft. However, if a John Watson needed then I shall research his thought pattern and try to fill the role until there is someone much better suitable to play him, then I will relinquish the role. Would that be acceptable to you? On my side, it is always good to stretch personal boundaries ^^
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Alright, I'm not sure how Mycroft would fit in with my original idea, but I am definitely open to ideas. Also I am open to ideas for other RPs as well.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Mycroft can be Sherlock's weekly annoyance or even someone who can provide something that is beyond reach for your OC and her Consulting Detective. He would cheerfully needle / provoke recalcitrant baby brother for amusement and or profit any time possible Razz Razz Razz

Who knows, your OC's current predicament might actually has something to do with whatever shadowy thing Mycroft runs right now, which means Sherlock is up against 'big brother dearest' and minions. Nothing better to build instant camaraderie than being fellow 'soldiers in a foxhole', right? Laughing
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Both ideas sound good! I do have an idea of what my OC would be facing and who it would be, maybe one of your ideas could tie into that. Now all we need is someone to take the role of Sherlock and then this could really begin to come together! Very Happy
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:35 pm

There are two new accounts, both immediately posted seeds of RP with no taker. I wonder whether this forum might actually come alive in the future or merely sink further into oblivion because most members choose to follow their own ideas without even trying to accommodate other people's interest.

Too bad I am not good at playing Sherlock (especially when it involves romance) Sad
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Location : Somewhere on the North side of an unregarded blue-green planet
    Hobbies : writing, reading, imagining, shooting policemen

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:30 am

I would like to play Sherlock for you! I wouldn't want to see this rp spoiled.
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:56 am

Awesome! Thanks so much, The Corpsemaker! Before I go ahead and create the forum for the RP, I just want to know if you're comfortable with doing romance, or if there is anything you prefer not doing in RPs. I just want to make sure that everyone I RP with is comfortable and has fun!
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 am

I prefer mystery, but I'm fine with a little bit of romance if required and if it makes the story better. Smile
    I'm not used to write romance, though.
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 am

Sounds good, I can definitely work with that! Well I have an original case in mind as I said so I will create the forum and let you know when it's up!
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 am

Good! I will be glad to rp with you and I hope that I will be able to play a good Sherlock.
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 am

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it! I'm sure you'll be great! If you write a bit out of character, that's fine with me, what ever you are comfortable with. The topic is up, here's the link: https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t1030-ghosts-of-the-past Just post whenever you are ready!
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Wonderful ^^ Tell me when you wants John to enter the scene ^-^

About Mycroft, on the scale of 1 to 9, which one do you prefers to have? 1 would be kitten, 5 BBC's, 9 is a full-blown 'Prince of Darkness' / someone who would fit right in the ranks of Renaissance Princes.
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 am

Will do, Night Baron. Wow, I wouldn't quite say 'Prince of Darkness'...that's a good question. Maybe somewhere in the middle, but I may have to ponder this.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:24 am

Phoenixfyre wrote:Will do, Night Baron. Wow, I wouldn't quite say 'Prince of Darkness'...that's a good question. Maybe somewhere in the middle, but I may have to ponder this.

Prince of Darkness, think it like 'evil and immoral' according to today's standard Wink
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:06 am

Night Baron, I'd say now would be a good time for you to jump into the RP as John. Just join in whenever you are ready! Here's a link to it: https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t1030-ghosts-of-the-past

Also, if you do RP as Mycroft, I would say you can keep him probably around a 5, trying to keep him as close to the BBC version.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:20 pm

How exactly do you see Mycroft in BBC's version? Because from my point of view, he's an incomplete character with plenty of possible explanation for each action and thus motivation - inner working of his.
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:03 am

Actually your point of view makes sense to me, I would definitely agree with you that he is an incomplete character. He has reasons for his actions but we aren't always entirely clear on why he does them. He's a bit complex that way.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 am

Razz

One more thing, do John Watson know Alena? If yes then when they meet the first time, in what circumstances, occasion, location, etc. Also how is their relationship so far?
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:33 am

Yes he does know her, but they are just acquaintances as he only met her while he and Sherlock were on a case and she was a source of information Sherlock needed. Sherlock knows her more than John, but she has spoken with John before and it has been brief every time they have met. So Alena and John haven't become friends yet, but they are on good terms with one another for sure.
    The Corpsemaker
    The Corpsemaker

Post by The Corpsemaker Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:18 pm

I posted. I hadn't seen your last messages and had assumed that John didn't know Alena, so I made Sherlock introduce Alena to John as if it was their first meeting. But I think that this behaviour suits Sherlock even better. He could easily have forgotten that John and Alena know each other as he is often distracted and pays not much attention to the social relations around him.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 am

And here I am about to write that John envied Sherlock's eidetic memory Razz How about Alena's stat such as height, weight, eye colour, hair, style of clothing, mannerism, etc?
    Phoenixfyre
    Phoenixfyre

Post by Phoenixfyre Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 am

Alena is 5'7" with a slender hourglass figure, has long auburn hair, green eyes and pale skin. She has a very classy look to the way she dresses, especially at work. Her personality is polite, very caring of those close to her, a book lover and very knowledgeable in that area as she is a librarian.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:26 am