BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

It all starts one day, a few pints (John Watson/James Moriarty)

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

It all starts one day, a few pints (John Watson/James Moriarty) - Page 9 Empty Re: It all starts one day, a few pints (John Watson/James Moriarty)

Post by James Moriarty Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:39 am

James looked over from John to Sherlock and back to john. "Eh.. sure." He said as he walked over to the sofa, showing off his confident. He wasn't afraid of Sherlock at all. He knew how this man worked and remembered to thank Molly for that one day. Once he said down he stretched out one arm and rested it on the back of the sofa, as if he was putting it around John's shoulder.

"Detective you said?" He looked to John before looking back to Sherlock and knew what was about to follow. Sherlock would start rambling random facts he could read from James clothes and behavior. What a great advantage he mastered the skill of acting.

Oh and how he LOVED watching Sherlock deduce things.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Job : Consulting Detective

It all starts one day, a few pints (John Watson/James Moriarty) - Page 9 Empty Re: It all starts one day, a few pints (John Watson/James Moriarty)

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:44 am

((Oh, God. Now I've got to think of something... give me some time please <3))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 am

((You can make things up >> Jim is probably acting anyway >> but you can have him blurt out something about the fact he thinks Jim is just after John's ass >> or something personal that should offend him XD I don't know if James want to help you with providing something off the game?? Is there something you would like Sherlock to deduce?))

John sat down beside Jim, he felt the other's arm not too far behind his shoulders, its warmth, it made his nerves tingle slightly.
    It was difficult to adapt to Jim's presence in Baker street, but he liked it.

"Well, remember when I got stabbed some time ago?" he asked, a bit sheepishly. "I was helping him for a case... we sometimes help the police..." he explained, resting his elbows on his knees. He couldn't help but wonder if Sherlock would be able to scare Jim away like he did all his exes. Jim was different, he knew, but he was still rather nervous.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:12 am

((
    • Wearing a 600£ suit, fancy shoes = sure does own a sort of company or has a really well paid job. Undercover might suit him indeed.
    • Still keeps approaching John, keep touching him and whatever = out to see how far he could go before Sherlock snaps with jealousy.
    • Comes across very confident but gets insecure about little things easily. How could Sherlock know? The hesitation on his voice when he talked to John earlier.
    • Doesn't give up easily. Will do what it takes to get what he wants, when he wants it. How? The fact he showed up at 221B even though John said he didn't want to talk.
    • There's much more to him than what he actually shows, Sherlock doesn't know what but mentiones time will point that out or something.
    • Washed his hair twice today. I don't know mention something random about James's hair Very Happy
    • Clearly doesn't wash or irons his own clothes. "No offense but he's far to posh for that."
    • Had a few nights with only a little sleep. Why? Has puffiness around his eyes.

I don't know I just made up random things. haha Very Happy ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:26 am

((uuuh I like those~~ especially if Sherlock blurts out this one without realizing
    Still keeps approaching John, keep touching him and whatever = out to see how far he could go before Sherlock snaps with jealousy.
    It'd be rather hilarious XD
    They are all good though, and you don't have to use them all, even just a couple, if you want to get ideas from those~))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 am

((Sorry, I was letting the dog out, back now and WHOAH! I hope I can be original as a Sherlock now! I quite feel terrible for a Sherlock who can't come up with these things... But writing now, so please be patient Smile And YES JAMES I LOVE THAT ONE! XD))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 am

(( Don't worry dear, you are doing great!! This is getting very exciting! <3 Besides, we are here to help each other~~ I think the deductions part is the most difficult part of playing Sherlock, one cannot possibly do that on their own, or they would lose days on end researching things >> and we are not as obsessive as Sherlock, are we? XDD ))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 am

((Doesn't it bother you if I make it really to the point? I mean.. really harsh and slap-it-in-your-face-like? I guess, that's Sherlock =)))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 am

(( Oh no dear, bring it on. This is James Moriarty you're talking to. The harder you slap his face, the more he likes it. Wink ))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 am

((I gotta go to bed after this post))
    ((Ok. Here it comes. Prepare... and GO))

Sherlock observed James and pouted his lips. He started talking.
    "Let's start with your clothes. They are common, but they are well cared of, as you can see in the fold lines of the ironing and the colour of the fabric. You have probably someone to do that for you because they are obviously taken care of by a woman's hand."

"Your face. Your eyelids are heavy, because when you blink, your upper eyelids linger longer than average on the lower. You have puffiness around your eyes, which means that you are tired now and haven't had some sleep in a while. You washed your hair twice today. Firstly, this morning. You put product in your hair for Molly, but after our incident at Bart's, you did not want to look as stereotype 'gay', because you were coming for John and not for me. You had lotion in you hair this morning, but now it is gone and your coat is still a little damp of you hair as it has not been raining outside since yesterday."

He did not did not pause and continued.

"You love John's body, not John's mind. As you are touching him in all the wrong areas while I am talking right now."
    Sherlock had watched Jim's left hand moving from John's chest to now, almost John's bulge. Sherlock could not watch it and jumped out of his chair and grabbed Jim's wrist. He tried to control his voice, but it was clearly full of emotion when he growled in a low voice: "I said: No. Sex. When. I'm. Around. Understood?"

He sat back into his chair and gasped for some air. Then he continued.

"As I said, if you'd love John for his intellect you'd be amazed by the things he says, the way he thinks and the way he is" He paused for a second and actually wanted to add: Like I do but hesitated just in the right moment.

"You like to be loved, but you love to be feared. When you saw John, some of your body parts were... stimulated. That's just a physical reaction. But when you challenged me to deduct you, a psychological thing, your eyes shone brightly, provocative and maybe a tiny bit... aroused?"

He raised one eyebrow and waited for Jim's reaction. God, he was curious.

"You seem quite confident about yourself and your situation. You think you have everything under control. You don't give up easily. You take what you want, regardless of whether you get it or not. That did not seem so by the way you came walking in here, but as you were explaining to John, your voice grew stronger and almost believable. You are a good actor, James Brook. And actors always want to hide something." He spitted out those words, especially his name, as if they were venomous.
    "And that's why I don't trust you."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 am

James listened closely as he narrowed his eyes, nodding occasionally to assure Sherlock he was on the right path. This was even better then he could have imagined. In stead of putting him off this almost turned him on more.

On purpose he ran his hand down John's chest, he just needed to see how much Sherlock could take and it clearly wasn't much. His eyes flickered playfully when he stared into Sherlock's who's hand was now gripping around his wrist. Once he let go they did not return to any body part of john though.

He let Sherlock finish, until the last word. He arrogantly brushed some dust of his suit before straightening it.

"I'm impressed." He said while nodding and smiling. "But I'm afraid I just need to slightly adapt some of it in order to make it perfect." He said, his voice sounding higher when he said the word slightly. He knew most people didn't even dare to question Sherlock's words, let alone rephrasing them. But then again he wasn't just like most people.

"First of all John's body is /amazing./ I can hardly keep my hands or eyes off, as you deduced so well. But I also do recall John telling me occasionally that his flatmate did not appreciate the things he'd done for him. I do recall the many times John told me on how ungrateful you came across after the man basically put his life in danger. He even told me you didn't care for /feelings/. And that, dear, is where I popped in. Don't get me wrong, he was always ever so heavenly about you as well. Telling how good you were at your job and everything. But I, I gave him the feelings he missed. I cared for him, I gave him my whole heart." He always sounded dramatically. He felt a bit weird, talking about John like that even though he was sitting just next to him, but if sherlock was allowed to do so, so was he. "I love everything about him. I love how he thinks, how cute he is when he stumbles over his own words sometimes. I love to see the flickering in his eyes when we didn't see eachother for a few days. I love him."

"Second of all." He continued, not giving any of them the change to interrupt. " I think you are confusing the real me for the person you saw earlier. I'm no actor, I'm an undercover agent. allow me to spell out the difference to you. If I were an actor I'd play a role for other's entertainment. I'm not here for your entertainment, Sherlock. As an undercover agent I play someone completely different to hide my own identity. To receive hidden information, to observe to get whatever I'm supposed to get whenever I need it." He licked his lips and smiled evil.

"But beside that I envy you. You're a great man, with a great mind." He knew just how much Sherlock loved to be appreciated and complimented.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 am

Now he understood why he wasn't comfortable about having those two in the same room.
    This was hell.

He gaped, the amount of information flooding him and drowning him.

He was trying to process Sherlock's words, but then Jim was talking and confusing him further.

John realized in that moment that he was no match for the two men's intellects.
    He couldn't follow that, he just couldn't, but his heart was going crazy.

Sherlock said he didn't trust Jim, he said Jim wanted his body and nothing else, Sherlock was jealous, he could tell by the tone of his voice, he could tell by the way he growled when he pulled Jim's hand away, it scared John into silence.

Jim, on the other hand, accused Sherlock not to appreciate him, making his few comments on him sound rather cold in retrospect, his mind creaked and reeled at the realization he now knew why he had felt guilty at the idea of talking to Sherlock about Jim.
    It was because Sherlock could not love him that he had fallen into Jim's arms.
    He had fallen in love with Jim because he was weak and vulnerable, because of how Sherlock had treated him.

He had no idea what to do, his eyes moving from Jim to Sherlock, not sure what to believe, overwhelmed by his thoughts and by the feeling he was just a pawn in this game.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 pm

He looked surprised at Jim. Both men were very confident of themselves. “Shoot.” he said challenging. This became exciting. Someone thought he could measure his intelligence.

“John is free in his actions. He is wise enough to decide what’s good for him. Yes, I’ve asked him if he’d like to come with me, but I am not depenent of him. I did not put his life in danger, he did it himself, because he’s addicted to danger and excitement. I warned him on forehand. And about the compliments, yes, I know. John expressed himself in almost every way possible in the English language.”
    He rolled his eyes at the dramatic tone. Definitely an actor. And definitely gay.
    He felt that wave of fury again at Jim’s last words. He tried to cover the wave of feeling, not sure he’d succeed.

“An actor is not always for entertainment, you should know. I believe you are an undercover agent, but I doubt which scene. You certainly get what you want.” He liked the man before him, but he loathed him at the same time.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:43 am

((I'll wait for Jim to reply to this before John, yes?))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 am

James grinned even more. "Of course John is free in his actions. But you just know how to manipulate his mind in such a way you'll convince him anyway. There's no denying, Sherlock, I've heard many phone calls." He playfully winked at the detective.

James decided to play this one clever in stead of strictly business, what he was actually doing now. "But who are we to discuss John?To judge is actions in any way?" He looked over to John now, finding him in complete confusion."He has an heart and more of all a brilliant mind himself." He added now smiling at John and ignoring Sherlock completely.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 am

John sighed, the words were swimming in his head and confusing his thoughts, it didn't help now that Jim wanted him to talk. He wished he could speak to Sherlock, he needed to clear up a few things the detective had slipped out in the midst of his speach, but now he was on the spot and he had to say something.

He leaned on his elbows, looking at Sherlock, then at Jim.

"I am aware of the dangers of working with Sherlock, but I like it, I wouldn't say I am addicted to it, but it is what I consider my calling... it has an emotional strain to it that I cannot deal with very well, Sherlock, you don't really care for people in a conventional way, and often it hurts, but it is my choice, I deal with it."

He turned towards Jim: "You are right, Sherlock manipulates me, but I let him. I know perfectly well he is doing it, and I let him. I guess it is just something else I like, something that entertains me, and at the end of the line it's because I trust him," he said simply, because it was the honest truth.

"You both have your nice little theories about me," he muttered and rubbed his frown in frustration.
    "But what I see now are two men eager to impress and jealous of one another... different reasons of course, but nonetheless... What are you trying to prove?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 am

James just wanted to put his arms around John again, but he knew it would lead in to either Sherlock coming to sit between them, or John rejecting his offer. There was no need for further tension anyway.

"I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm fine with Sherlock being your best friend and collegiate." He said honest. "I just want you to know that I love you." his voice now sweet while his eyes searched for John's.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

John's eyes softened when he met Jim's pair, it was impossible not to feel his heart warming up when he was addressed with such words, he had never been with any one who would profess his love so openly, it made him feel special.

"I know you aren't fine with it, Jim," he protested, and licked his lips. "But of course you wouldn't admit to it in front of Sherlock, because you are both trying to show just how cool and clever you are, showing off to each other..."

And maybe he was the third wheel instead. How ironic.

He looked at Sherlock: "And you... you don't believe him when he says he loves me, do you? Is that what your speech about acting is about?" he asked, it somehow weighted a lot what Sherlock thought on the matter.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 am

"I don't trust him. In. Every. Way. Possible." Sherlock stressed the last words. "I suppose that's why I am uncomfortable with him loving you." That was why... wasn't it? Of course it was. ... He shifted in his chair and put his fingertips together. He swallowed. Was it really /just/ that?

"Prove something? What do you mean?"
    he asked John directly. He looked at him in the eye. He wanted this to be 100% clear.

((Sorry, quick one. I'm in school right now, and the supervisor is kinda... strict))

John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 am

John frowned, wondering whether there was any possible truth in Sherlock's lack of trust. "You don't trust anyone, though, why is this supposed to be different?" he asked, looking straight into the detective's eyes.

He sat back, sighing, feeling strangely tired, he wasn't sure if he should say what he was thinking. Sherlock asked though, and he decided to be honest. "I might be wrong... but this feels like a cock fight... you are trying to determine to which of you I belong to," he muttered finally, unsure where to look. "You want to prove you own me."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am

"Okay yea perhaps I'm not that okay with it. But he's your friend and I will accept that." James aid softly. He didn't felt the need to rival with sherlock anymore. He'd made his point clear enough.

The moment became almost awkward. James felt everything but welcome at the other men's flat. He wasn't even sure whether john would still want him there. of course none of that was shown on the outside. Sherlock would get no access to his real thoughts at all.

"I should be going. It's getting late." He eventually said.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:47 am

"We cannot literally own you. That's ridiculous!" What an absurd idea. His face clouded with annoyance. How could John think that, he knew John is far more intelligent than that.

Sherlock did not protest. He just picked up his violin he dropped on the side table and began to pluck again.

John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:04 am

John's eyebrow shot up in annoyance, he knew it was improbable they would admit to it, but he hadn't expected the two of them to clam up simultaneously.
    His first instinct was to rebuke Sherlock's statement, but he tried to calm himself, he'll have time to talk to him.

"Well then, if it's settled that I don't belong to either of you, I guess we can adjourn the meeting," he srood up. "I will accompany Jim to the door, the flight of stairs seems like a cosy place for make up sex," he joked maliciously, a jab at Sherlock.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 am

James got up as well. He straightened out his clothes before walking over to the door. "It was nice meeting you, Sherlock." He said. And he meant it.

John's comment only made him grin. he could make some other dirty comment on it but he didn't felt like triggering Sherlock's nerves again. Once at the door he turned around, looking in to John eyes and wrapping his arms around him to pull him in to a hug.
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

Sherlock tried not ot react too obviously at John's joking qualities.

"It was very nice meeting you too James..." He said , audible for John and Jim who were on the stairs. But when the pair was at the front door, Sherlock murmured:
    "Moriarty"
    He opened his eyes wide. He had too little evidence just yet, but if they were true..
    Oh. If they even were true.
    Sherlock could be very disappointed that the game was canceled.
    It was very nice meeting John's new boyfriend. Definitely. Sherlock couldn't resist a grin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:42 am