BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

The Adventure of the Mad Bachelors (Doctor Who Crossover)

TheDetective
    TheDetective

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Cases, my flatmate, and occasionally shooting the walls.

The Adventure of the Mad Bachelors (Doctor Who Crossover) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Adventure of the Mad Bachelors (Doctor Who Crossover)

Post by TheDetective Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Sherlock lay sprawled across the couch until the Doctor was safely out of reach. Closing, and locking the door behind him he jammed it with a spare rod that was for some reason lying on the floor. At least he thought it was a rod. Could be homing beacon or a teleportation device as-well as a suitable door jammer. Looked similar enough anyway.

“Now!” He said jumping up in excitement. Strolling over to the console he sported a manic grin, reaching out multiple times as if he didn’t quite know where to start and said “Let’s see what you can do. Hm?”
    The Doctor
    The Doctor

Job : Travelling through time and space
    Hobbies : Fish fingers and custard, bow ties, fezzes, stetsons, sonic screwdrivers

The Adventure of the Mad Bachelors (Doctor Who Crossover) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Adventure of the Mad Bachelors (Doctor Who Crossover)

Post by The Doctor Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 pm

The Doctor was half way down the stairs and engrossed in tracing the alien signal when he realised Sherlock wasn't following him. Strange, he thought, stopping and spinning round on his heels frowning. Normally everyone followed him, desperate for adventure and excitement. He tended to have that effect on people.

Suddenly he heard the braking engine sound of the Tardis and realised it was de-materialising into another dimension. He gasped and dashed back up the stairs, bursting in through the door just as it was disappearing. "Sherlock! No! Come back!" he shouted at his vanishing ship before kicking the air frustratedly. "Damn it!"

The Doctor rolled his eyes and ran his hands through his hair. "No....no," he mumbled to himself, then realised hte device in his hand was still alight and making a noise. "Right yes OK," he spoke to it and turned back round, heading off down the stairs. "Let's find out a bit about you shall we."
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Job : Kissagram
    Hobbies : going on adventures with the Doctor

Post by Amy Pond Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:24 am

Amy ran down the hallway, desperate for an exit. Suddenly, in the middle of the hallway, stood a row of Silence. Tall, gaunt creatures, with pale pale faces, and no real mouth. Amy backed away, careful not to take her eyes off them. With every step she tool backward, they took one forward.

They followed her down several hallways, until the hall widened abruptly and led into a large area with high ceilings. A door was at the end closest to Amy. She started walking faster. So did the Silence.

She finally reached the door, and when the moment was right, she pulled out her camera phone, took a picture of the group, the turned and rushed out the door.

Once she turned her back, the memory of the Silence faded. She looked down at her phone. The picture startled her, but soon the recollection of of what had happened seeped back into her memories.

She looked around. It didn't make sense! She was in a small closet, not outside a hospital facility! She turned away from the door she had just come from, and noticed another door just opposite it. She opened it to find herself in a basement of sorts, that looked rather up to date.

Where am I?!
    TheDetective
    TheDetective

Post by TheDetective Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 pm

After gazing for a moment Sherlock began flipping switches and turning dials. It all felt familiar to him, as if it was somehow second nature. After punching in random coordinates he felt the TARDIS take off. Confused at the rather…unbalanced nature of the ride he looked down and rolled his eyes.

He doesn’t take off the brakes, and he left it in neutral?

After undoing the parking brake and putting her into drive with his foot the ride smoothed out and Sherlock had some time to go exploring.

After thoroughly examining the pool, library, extraterrestrial zoo for endangered species, and arboretum he felt the TARDIS land. Making his way back to the front he opened the door and stepped out into a small white room. It was blindingly bright, but there was no ascertainable light source and he had to squint at first in order to make out what was in-front of him.

In the center of the room stood a humanoid creature with tentacles where a human mouth would be, no hair, and large piercing eyes. It was holding an orb of some kind that was clearly a manufactured addition.

Ood. It’s an Ood…Why would the TARDIS send me to an Ood?...

“The silence have risen.”
    The Doctor
    The Doctor

Hobbies : Fish fingers and custard, bow ties, fezzes, stetsons, sonic screwdrivers

Post by The Doctor Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 pm

The Doctor could do nothing about his missing ship for now, so he resolved himself to find the source of the alien readings, following the tracking device downstairs to the hallway and then round the corner to a closed door. It was locked. He attempted to sonic it with no luck.

"Wood," he muttered, rolling his eyes. "Why do doors have to be made out of wood?....Have to do this the old fashioned way." He took a deep breath and shouldered the door. The first time nothing happened, then the second time the lock gave way and he staggered in through the opening, at the top of a staircase leading down into a dark looking basement.

The tracker device was flashing repeatedly, showing there were really high readings down in the basement. He descended the stairs slowly, peering out into the darkness.
    TheDetective
    TheDetective

Post by TheDetective Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 am

((I haven't forgotten about this, but I just started a summer English course, so it might be a while before I can respond.))
    The Doctor
    The Doctor

Post by The Doctor Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 am

((That's OK...I'm pretty sure it's Amy's turn next anyway))
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Post by Amy Pond Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am

Amy walked throughout the room she was in, glancing around warily. Where was the Doctor? Where was the TARDIS? Amy suddenly heard a pounding on a door in front of her. She rushed back to the small closet and closed the for just as the other door burst open. From the small crack she saw an outlined shape, a man's shape. Then she noticed the small light and the bzzzzzz sound. The Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver!

"Oh good. Doctor, where were you?! You left me on a planet- don't you point that at me! I was taken to a hospital thing, and then the Silence was there, and you weren't! Explain!" Said Amy angrily. The Doctor had been startled by her rushing out the door, and had pointed his Sonic at her. Poor Timelord, he was very flustered and confused and Amy was very angry.

"I- Well- I...... Did you say the Silence?!" Queried the Doctor

"Yes. I did." Grumbled Amy.
    The Doctor
    The Doctor

Post by The Doctor Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:41 am

"Amelia Pond!" the Doctor exclaimed, really pleased to see her, even
    going so far as to give her a small squeeze on both her arms, which he then noticed were covered in tally marks. He peeled back her sleeve to reveal more of them.

"You've seen a lot..." he whispered, peering around the darkness cautiously. "That must be why I'm picking up such high alien readings...you haven't seen the Tardis anywhere have you?...no...never mind...we need to move, come along Pond!"

And he set off down the dark corridor, whipping out a small torch from his pocket and shining it into the blackness. As they turned another corner of the basement the light of the torch fell upon a single Silence standing there looking ominous. The Doctor stopped dead. "Amy...give me your marker pen and let's start stepping backwards....rather quickly."
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Post by Amy Pond Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

No! Not another one! Thought Amy, handing her pen to the Doctor.

"What will we do? Doctor, in the hospital thing, I went through the door and came out here. Does that have anything to do with them?" Whispered Amy, backing up in pace with the man next to her. Amy was scared. She would never admit it out loud, but she was scared. Scared of forgetting. Scared that the Doctor didn't have his- wait. He didn't have the TARDIS?!?!

"And what do you mean 'have you seen the TARDIS'?!?! I'm not in charge if it! Have you lost it?! Are we stuck!!!??" Cried Amy, almost tearing her gaze away from the Silence to look at him, but she caught herself just in time.

The Silence was moving towards them. And out of the shadows behind it came another, and another, and another. Amy grabbed the Doctor's hand.

"Doctor?"
    The Doctor
    The Doctor

Post by The Doctor Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 am

The Doctor grabbed the pen out of Amy's hand without looking at her, and rolled up his sleeve, never once taking his eyes off the Silence as he made a single tally mark on his lower arm.

"I think it might do," he nodded slowly. "Something strange is going on. Something very strange indeed and the Tardis has brought us here for a reason. Sadly it's been stolen by a crazy detective. Sherlock Holmes. Heard of him? Well you have now. But don't worry. I'm sure he'll bring it back. Or she'll bring him back."

The Doctor stopped rambling suddenly, when he noticed the increasing number of Silence appearing out of the shadows. The pen was still in his hand and he tallied up more marks on his arm as they continued to step backwards, at the same time trying to remember the layout of the room and where the doors were when he came in.

"Amy..." he said quietly. "I'm 92.5% certain there's a door just coming up on our left that leads upstairs. After three, run. One...two...THREE!"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Post by Amy Pond Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 am

Amy ran to the door after the Doctor. After they were both through, he closed and sonic'd the door to protect from- huh. That's weird, what had they been running from? As she ran up the stairs, she glanced down at her arms. Oh. Silence. The memory crept back, just as it had before she had met back up with the Doctor.

She reached the second floor, and noted immediately that a table was smashed to pieces, right around a large square spot in the carpet.

"You crushed a table?! Or- wait, the TARDIS crushed a table, right?" Amy shook her head at the Doctor, who had just rushed up the stairs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm