BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

4 posters

New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays !

- Oliver -

New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays ! Empty New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays !

Post by - Oliver - Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:14 am

Heyo! I'm new to this forum, though roleplaying is far from it for me; I've developed a character specifically for the Sherlock universe, who's name happens to be Oliver- Oliver Lystander. If there are any Sherlock roleplays open to characters like him [who work as side characters, mostly assistants], feel free to tell me. I'm dying to roleplay with Oliver, and I hope I can do that with you lovelies. 8D
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Job : Doctor, Blogger, Assistant to Sherlock Holmes

New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays ! Empty Re: New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays !

Post by John Hamish Watson Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:19 am

Tell us all more about the character then!
    - Oliver -

New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays ! Empty Re: New and looking for open Sherlock roleplays !

Post by - Oliver - Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:26 am

Oliver Lystander, at the age of 24, found himself in the world of detective work by a series of random encounters- the chap comes off as sheepish and reserved, often stumbling over his words and has worked as a private worker of sorts for many privileged families, much unlike his own life was. This facade of his assists in him growing closer to suspects or witnesses, often obtaining information on various members of society through the family he works for, all while appearing docile. What further pushes his ruse of being submissive is the rounded eyes he bears upon his angular facial features, a verdant green that is mesmerizing no matter the lighting- blond curls fall upon his forehead, kept prim in order to assist his disguises. That being said, Oliver has only a lean appearance, with no notable muscles that would allow him to loom over others or cause intimidation, though his height allows this at times. Oliver, thanks to his career, has a wide set of skills; whether it range from simple lock picking to certain strategies on investigations and knowledge of others and poisons, his actual persona a reserved man who, whether he admits it or not, is sensitive to the touch. Wry and almost volatile with some, he's not one to throw his weight about, but this side of him is near impossible to unravel, considering his two-faced habits of switching identities- considering there's more than one bounty on his head, working as a double agent in his dpare time. It's unknown if his birth name is truly Oliver, though it's for certain his last name has been forged; born in Manchester, he's resided in England ever since, his fragile persona being his post prevalent. It's assumed he was the son of Irish immigrants, who were often targeted as a result of trafficking. It wasn't much of a surprise that Oliver had been born with anemia; the stark contrast between the green of his eyes to the pallor of his skin can be offsetting, distracting from the intentions he has for most. Because of the work he does, it's expected he wouldn't live long, though he's managed to make it to this point with the help he's solicited from assisting figures such as Moriarty, in hopes to prolong his life as he searches for a cure.

[Excerpts]
    "W-Would you mind passing me one o' those?" The figure finally spoke as he leaned against the wall, chest heaving from exertion; facing Daphne, his eyes would glint under the light of dawn, rounded in his adrenaline. "The cancer sticks.. they, uh, help my nerves. Didn't know a little cut could've put me on a death bed." He gripped his arms, his breath shuddering into the morning air. If anything, the terror on his part was partially genuine; he hadn't expected for a knife to be pulled in a gun fight. A hostage scenario, of all things. Did this mean he owed Sherlock? "Christ." He breathed, pushing his frame against the brick wall in order to steady himself. 

"Vile." Oliver muttered as he lifted the cigarette to his lips, taking a dreg; the feeling was as acrid as ever, scorching his lungs and searing the lining of his chest. Wheezing, he passed it back to the assistant, a cloudy feeling spreading through his nerves as the nicotine kicked in. Vile. But efficient. The way it covered his mind in a fog was enough to make his breath catching, the taste hitching in his throat with a slight gag. Jesus. How was he supposed to drag Daphne back to headquarters without having himself mull like cattle along the way? He was no better with his train of thought as slow as this. 

"H.. Hello." The curly-haired man that had been mentioned opened the door, his face peeking out of the slightly ajar frame; making eye contact with Sherlock made the fellow flinch, more than hearing his name had come about. ".. I'm the Mr. Lystander you mentioned. D-Do come in, gentlemen." He smiled sheepishly, praying it'd overlay the scowl he'd been wearing like a vice before he had let them in. Oh, he wasn't going to enjoy this. Not one bit. Lying would be a tip of his hat, but it hadn't been expected that of all people, Sherlock had taken this little gem of a case into his hands. 

Oliver closed the door behind the two, feigning a slightly tremor as he poured tea for the two, watching them out of the corner of his eye for any sign of analyzation on the detective's part. John was as harmless as Oliver was acting; on the other hand, Sherlock had been a bloody nuisance to him, though they'd never properly met until this day came about. Funny, how they'd encountered each other in his days as William. Or had that been Gabriel? But it seemed now, instead of dodging each other's bullets, they were having tea not as enemies, but as partners in the works- it didn't change his desire to strangle the bastard with his own scarf in the slightest, however.]

It's heavily implied throughout the roleplay that Oliver is homosexual, though he does seduce women if he's in need of information; mostly with maids of the establishment he works for as a butler of sorts, though he has so much more room for development.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:30 am

I think John should have a crush on him, tee-hee.
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:27 am

Yess. He'd probably deny any sort of crush on John up until he wouldn't be able to keep up the act anymore. ~ They could have a private introduction of sorts, if Oliver stumbles into him.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am

I'm up for it. Have you started an RP already or do you wanna start a new one?
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 am

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Since Sherlock will play a prominent part there, who will play him?
    - Oliver -

Post by - Oliver - Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm not entirely sure? I don't know many people in Sherlock roleplays I could ask, considering I'm fairly new.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Post by Night Baron Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Find someone who can give him life. Someone who understand his core and someone who can withstand the pressure of playing one of the Holmes brothers, considering the kind of family they have. It would be tragic if Sherlock's player suddenly fold like crumpled paper under the intensity of the RP, lol.
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Job : DCI with the Met.
    Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:25 am

Welcome Oliver,
    New characters are always welcome into the mix. People are friendly here, just ask and you shall find the answers, whatever the question. Enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:06 pm