BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

Post by John Watson MD Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:49 pm

John followed the movement of his hand and nodded: "You have a headache, I am afraid those assholes hit your head repeatedly... I will give you something for the pain," he explained, moving towards the drawer where he was keeping medicines in.

He smiled a bit sadly at the words: "Thank you... Adam," he answered honestly, cupping the hand on his shoulder and squeezing softly, it was warm and welcoming and John really felt that they could be good friends.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Solitary, miserable and misunderstood.

Post by The Creature Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 am

Adam's eyes widened a bit when John spoke. "You can make pain go away?" He asked, clearly amazed by the fact John said he was able to do such a thing. This man was coming close to God, he thought, because from what he had been reading, God was the one able to both create and take away pain.

His eyes softened again once John's hand cupped his. A warmth filling his body and he couldn't explain the feeling he got from this little gesture. For the first time ever, it felt as if someone truly cared about him.

For a moment all he did was watching at the hand he placed on John's shoulder, until John moved towards the drawer. He retrieved his hand back again, watching the man with great interest.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:44 am

"Well, it's medicine, it takes the pain away while your body heals itself," he muttered, and took out a bottle of painkillers.
    He disappeared out of the room for a moment, grabbing another glass of water.

"Here, put the pill in your mouth and swallow it with some water," he explained, his eyes moving on him curiously.

"Would you..." he asked a bit hesitant. "Would you let me... look at your scars?" he continued, motioning to Adam's head. "I might be able to make them a bit better, so you'll look a bit more tidy?"
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:59 am

This had to be, without a doubt, the most magical thing he had ever heard. A small white pill to take your pain away? Why didn't he had those things earlier, it would have make things a lot easier, or at least more bearable.

Adam put the pill inside his mouth, on the back of his tongue and swallowed it. "It does not work." He pointed out only a few seconds after. "You cannot take my pain away. You lied." a certain kind of bitterness was almost immediately detectable in his voice. However, he did not feel anger or anything else towards this person.

Embarrassed and a bit holding back Adam bowed his head. "Can you make them go away?" he asked soft, really hoping you was able to do so. It seemed his appearance was the only thing standing in his way to become 'just like them.'
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 am

John smiled amused at Adam's words, "You have to be patient, give it time to work, your body will absorb the pill's ingredients and then the pain will go away," he explained, motioning for him to sit on the bed. "It takes at least ten minutes..."

He moved closer, inspecting the wide scar on his head, it was dirty and looked a lot like the work of a butcher. "I am not a plastic surgeon, I can't make them disappear, but I can make them a bit better..." he said, his fingers grazing along the hem of the big scar, the sutures big and solid. "Who did this to you Adam?" He asked in a concerned whisper.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 am

The little bit of doubt that John might not be as magical as he had claimed to be, as Adam had assumed him to be, disappeared completely when John explained him how these things worked. "I understand now." He smiled a bit.

Adam shifted his position, sitting on the edge of the bed and lowering his head so John could have a good look at the scars he had. Only a little disappointed John couldn't make them go away, he pulled back again. He didn't like people staring at him like that, he didn't like people focussing on that aspect of him. "You can? Then... Please make them better." His voice almost pleading.

"Nobody did this to me." Or at least not in the way John assumed they had. "I was created.. born.. Given life this way. I always looked like this." The creature said. He didn't know why he had never looked like others, why it had to be him who looked like this. He had come across kids, something he had never been. Something he could only wish for to be. Careless and reckless as they seemed to be.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:13 am

He placed a hand on Adam's shoulder, preventing him from moving away too much. "Let me see," he muttered, his fingers cupping the back of his neck, as he stepped even closer.

"I need to clean the skin, and put some antiseptic cream on it, shave the hair and possibly buy some special cream..." He muttered thoughtful, frowning when Adam explained that he was born this way. "This doesn't look like something one is born with... it looks like someone made this, pieces of skin have been put together, sewn together..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

With a little groan of protest, he let John pull him closer again. It was a good thing he knew John meant no harm, or he would have panicked by now, not wanting to know the consequences of that. His neck bent back down again, giving John a clear view.

He hadn't had the slightest idea of what John was saying, his medical knowledge was below zero and he could only hope the things John wanted to do would turn out in a positive way. "Your words confuse me. I do not understand what you want to do with me. But I trust you." He did, and there was something new.

"When I became aware of myself for the first time, I looked like this. I was created this way. They gave me life like this." Adam continued. If only his creator had explained what he was, what his meaning in this life was, it would clear up so many things.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 am

The words made John pull back a little, searching for the other's eyes: "I just want to help you, I want to understand what happened, so I can help you better..." he muttered, the hand on the back of his neck, moving to cup the side of it affectionately as he stared into his eyes. "You shouldn't trust people easily, but I swear I just want to help..."

John thought about what Adam was saying, his choice of words. "Just because you don't have memories of before doesn't mean this is all you are... it could be amnesia..." His eyes turned concerned again as he looked at him. "You keep saying you were created... are you talking about your parents? Who is they?"
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 am

A certain kind of tension was detectable, at least to Adam, when John's hand slid to his neck. He felt warm and couldn't bring home to tingling feeling that formed in his stomach. Unfamiliar with any kind affection, this felt more then good to him. He even swallowed a bit harder when he found himself staring into John's eyes.

"I need to trust you in order for you to help me. If I don't, I'll panic and you will only make things worse on me." Adam almost whispered in reply. He was basically putting his life in John's hands, depending on him almost completely.

"Amnesia? What's that?" He asked curious, his eyes narrowing a bit as if he were trying to remember something, anything from his past life at all. But nothing came to his mind. At least nothing before he woke up in that laboratory that night.

"I do not have parents." He shook his head, he wished he had them though. Parents seemed to love, trust and defend their children, nomatter what they looked like. "There was a little book. A diary, describing step by step how they made me. Papers were folded in between the pages. I did not understand the meaning of those letters and numbers. But it was how I was made." He explained, as if it were a normal thing. "They first gave life to me, but I soon got abandon. They were afraid, I was a monster." Adam carried on, not giving John the time to interfere. "But then I went looking for them again, and they took back their book, saying they needed it so I can not show it to you." He sighed at the end, wishing he could have so he could made John understand this better.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 am

"There are a lot of steps between trust and panic, it's not just black and white, and it's always good to be careful about people... I do want you to trust me, but you should do that only if you think it's a good idea," he said, realizing he wasn't exactly making much sense.

His thoughts stopped suddenly when their eyes met, Adam's were a mixture of grey and blue, immensely beautiful, and John stared for a second, mesmerized.
    He looked away then, embarrassed, realizing he was being completely inappropriate.
    "Amnesia is when you lose memories... It happens after a trauma," he explained quickly, his fingers twitching on the other's skin, and he pulled his hand away, blushing a bit.

The rest of the words made John frown though, he couldn't believe this: "You are telling me someone... made you?" He asked, his eyes moving on him again, noticing how it really looked like Adam had been put together.
    But no man would do something like this, right? It was unethical to begin with, and then abbandon him? How could they?
    "When was this, Adam? And where? Do you know where?"
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 am

To Adam things didn't work like that. He had always seen them either black or white. There was no possible shade of grey in between. You either has his complete trust, or he'd attack you and merciless break your neck without even a spark of hesitation. "Not for me, John." He confessed. "This world has only showed me 2 colours." His voice was turning a bit sad as he spoke, perhaps even wishing he had seen more.

His eyes then turned away from John, a little sigh escaping from his lips as the hand removed from his neck, leaving a warm spot on his. He had began to like these little touches. It felt pleasant, at the least.

"Yes, someone made me." Adam nodded, not seeing why this should be a problem at all. He didn't had a problem with being created, he more had a problem with being abandoned and unaccepted. "When? I do not know. Many seasons as passed. I've seen summer twice." He had no idea of time, beside tracking down the seasons. "It was a place called Baskerville. Out in the fields, far away from the city." Adam remembered.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 am

John frowned, sitting down in front of him and grabbing his hand, holding it between his: "You shouldn't be so drastic about things, life is more in the middle of extremes... If it's true that you've been alive for only two years, you will be able to see for yourself if you are patient... but if you wish to be accepted into society, you should learn about middle ways..."

He looked at him again, he was desperately trying to wrap his head around the idea without freaking out. How could they create a human like this? How could they give him life and the abandon him?
    "Baskerville! Of course!" He exclaimed, and his jaw clenched as he thought about who could have done this in between the scientists he had met back then.
    "You... were an experiment...?" he asked, squeezing his hand.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 am

A bit surprised at the grasped of his hand his eyes lowered onto their now entangled hands. The same warm feeling he had felt earlier when John touched him had come back. Still no idea what it meant, but pleased it was back he looked back up at John, locking their eyes again. "Will you teach me?" He asked, almost pleading. "The middle ways, John, will you teach me them?" And then a spark of hope.

"I am more then an experiment!" Adam snapped. He hated when people referred to him like that. Attempting to pull his hand away, he failed. John had it squeezed between his own. "I am a human being, don't dare calling me that again." He warned, thinking back about the words those doctors had called him. An experiment gone wrong, nothing more then science,...
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:48 am

"Of course I will, Adam, I will take care of you, it seems like no one bothered to do it before, but I am not afraid of the responsibility," he muttered, squeezing his hand again, feeling somehow connected to this man.

His eyes were dark and determined when Adam protested he wasn't an experiment. "An experiment is what you come from, but I know perfectly well you aren't just that," he muttered, and his eyes sparkled softly. "You have every right to be alive, just like me, and no one has the right to say the opposite..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:48 am

For whatever reason the reassuring voice of John telling him he would teach him those things, managed to calm him down. He took in a few steady breaths, forcing himself not to go in overdrive. He needed to remain calm, he wasn't going to ruin this.

"You seem to be the only one knows." Adam sighed, bowing his head a little in sadness. "They tried to take my life away again." He almost whispered, not looking up at John because he still felt ashamed of what he was.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:16 am

John's eyes softened as he saw the distress on the other's face, he couldn't help but be touched by Adam's honesty, it wasn't usual to meet someone so easily readable, and it was sweet and scary at the same time.

His heart seemed to reach out for Adam, and he felt so sorry for him, he couldn't help his hand from moving and cupping the other's cheek. "I am sorry for what they did to you, I really am... but don't listen to what they told you... you have every right to be alive... and I will make sure no one bothers you here..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 am

Once more the same kind of warmth ran through his body. What was this? John's hands seemed on fire, making his body tingle every time he touched him. Adam sighed, loud, as he fluttered his eyelids back up at John, meeting him with a small smile curled on his lips. "Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep.." He said, thinking back about the people who insulted him.

"Will you protect me?" He asked. "If they find me here, if they know it's me, would you protect me? Not hand me over to them?" He asked, looking for honesty from John's side. It wasn't until now, Adam had noticed the pain is his head slowly fading. "You did not lie to me. You made pain go away." His smile spread out over his lips more.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 am

John's blue eyes were tender and caring: "Don't say never Adam," he muttered, really wanting him to listen. "To hold grudges is only going to hurt you, you will be happier if you let yourself forgive..."

He smiled back at him, somehow his heart was beating faster. "Of course I will protect you, I won't let them find you..." he promised, sincerely. "I don't like lies, Adam, and you are the last person I would want to lie to... you have been mistreated, and I can see the pain in your eyes... I would never want to make it worse, you too deserve to be happy..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 am

Adam smiled a little. "Those things are easy for you to say. You have everything. You weren't born a monster. You didn't had to hide away all of your life. But I do not expect you to understand. I believe you when you say you I should learn to forgive. I was never able to and revenge haunts my soul." He shrugged a little, trying to shake those feelings off.

Adam's hand extended, reaching out and stroking a few fingers over John's cheek. It felt pleasant to be touched and return it as well. "Therefore I am truly thankful." He said. And he meant it. "Why are you so different? So kind?" He whispered, wondering out loud.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 am

John smiled sadly at Adam's words, he could understand where he was coming from, because somehow he knew how it felt: "Each of us have problems, Adam," he muttered, his eyes sparkling softly. "You might think I have everything, but there is people who have much more and still they aren't happy... life is difficult... I have had... dark times myself..." he admitted, not wanting to talk about his depression, it still haunted him, ready to creep up again.

The smile on John's lips became sweet as he felt the other man's fingers on his cheek.
    "I am nothing special, Adam," he commented simply, "But the reason why I became a doctor was that I wanted to help people, and I am not going to turn my back when I can do as much," he explained. "People can be stupid and cruel, but there are good people around, they are only a few, but you can always meet them if you don't close yourself off..." he exclaimed, leaning into the touch just slightly.
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 pm

"I want to meet the good people, like you." he said, letting his finger slide over John's jaw one final time before pulling his hand back. Adam rested back against the wall his eyes closing for a few seconds and then he sighed.

For the first time since.. Long.. Ever.. He felt safe and sound, surrounded by only good energy he was willing to absorb completely. "My eyes feel heavy. They are closing. I should sleep." Adam pointes out, listening to his own body.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:17 am

"You will, don't worry, life is long and the world is full of people," he muttered, surprising himself for being so positive, but he felt he needed to, for Adam, for his new life.

He smiled at him, leaning over him and placing a kiss on his forehead. "You sleep now, it's late," he muttered, standing up and watching him tenderly. "Good night Adam, I'll be in the next room if you need me..."
    The Creature
    The Creature

Post by The Creature Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:13 am

Adam closed his eyes, surprised as John kissed his head. His first intention was to pull away a little but as soon as he felt those lips, he couldn't help but like it. In fact, he liked a lot about it, the affection, the intense warm feeling in his stomach, the little jump his heart did.

"Good night, John." Adam whispered, not bothering to opening his eyes again. His finger slowly stroked over the place where John had just kissed him. It felt warm, or maybe he was just imagining that.

It didn't took Adam long before he fell asleep. He'd never fell in such a deep sleep. The bed he was lying on was the most comfortable thing he had ever slept on. As he woke up, he had no idea what time of day it was. He jumped off the bed, looking out of the window. The sky was in between dark en light blue with a glimpse of orange starting to form. Morning, he figured.

Not really sure what he had to do now, and perhaps a little bit hungry, he started to search for John. 3 doors later he had finally found the room John was sleeping. For a few minutes he just stared at John, before he walked over to the bedside. "John." He whispered. "John?!"
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:33 am

John watched him fall asleep, checking his breathing as it slowed down. Adam was far from beautiful, once you really looked, the scars were ugly and bloody, but it merely made John want to take care of him further.
    He took a blanket and slid it over him, Adam's body was lean and easier on the eye, the muscles toned, and John had to pry his eyes away, ashamed of how he seemed to be assessing him.
    "Night," he whispered before disappearing to his room.

He was waken up from a nightmare that morning, Adam's voice making him start and he blinked confused for a second.
    "Adam," he breathed out, trying to regain control over himself. "Awake already?" He mumbled, glancing at the clock by his bedside table.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:43 am