BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

The Light In The Falls

timjohn
    timjohn

Job : Fixing The Past and Building The Future
    Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

The Light In The Falls Empty The Light In The Falls

Post by timjohn Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:12 am

OK:
    Sherlock is looking out into Baker Street - bored expression - (nervous) - (nibbling nails).
    "Another Pea Souper", to no one in particular.
    Raised voices heard outside!
    He makes his way to the couch in front of a huge roaring fire - and flops down into a familiar, slouched sprawl!
    "Wish John was back. What's taking him so long. He could have milked the cow by now!"
    An unusual warmth envelopes him. Not the heat from the fire - that normally makes him doze - this was different. This had risen from his toes and spread like 'the familiar coursing of the...', "must check my mind palace,  can't stop thinking of..."
    He is distracted by a high pitched sound, low, almost inaudible - he thinks violin... no piccolo - "Oh damn! it sounds so familiar"
    He flourishes his hand as he tries to both conduct and dismiss the rising vibration... "Tuning fork! 440 hertz! concert..."
    His eyes dart around the room trying to place the source of his fascination.
    His mind whispers 'Upper Reichenbach', he starts thinking heights, highest...
    And then his eyes become fixed on the large painting above the fire...
    It is coming to life... A cloud comes out of the falls...
    He glances back down at the fireplace... The fire has taken on  a purple hue which reminds him of a metal burning - which one? copper? iron no cobalt "That's it cobalt"
    His eye darts back to the falls... none of it makes sense... the falls are opening... the pitch is changing - like thunder...
    He holds his hand to his ears... his composure fails... he feels fear for the first time... not an unpleasant feeling...
    The frame on the painting expands along its width and height... the water becomes a dense fog...
    "Pea souper!!!", "Pea souper!" now a whisper.
    The frame expand towards him as if to draw him in...
    John appears standing behind him...
    "What the He..."
    A voice from behind John ripped both of their eyes away from the mystery as they turn around - as if in slow motion...
    "Hello. I'm The Doctor - don't move... Remain perfectly still..."
    (Tim)

Last edited by timjohn on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smil in wrong place)
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

The Light In The Falls Empty Re: The Light In The Falls

Post by Sherlock. Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:56 am

Can I ask who do want to play in this rp, which character? It sounds like an idea for an AU Rp. Have you got a plot? Because what you have written is good, it sets the scene for the starter post from Sherlock.

It helps to tell people which character you want to play and which characters you are looking for to rp this, it'll help especially cause we have new members who are new to rp-ing. You can put an advert in the Adverts section for this btw as people look there for new rp's to join.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

Post by timjohn Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:32 am

Still don't know how to address you so don't get offended if I just call you SH. I also don't really know who to play - you seem to know what you are doing perhaps you could advise me. Would you be interested in playing Sherlock, its probably a way too important character for me to play. Of course I have always dreamed of playing The Doctor but again way above my (redheaded {grins}) league. Perhaps I could be some sort of advisory sidekick. I'm really 'over the moon' that somebody of your stature has said something I have written 'is good' {embarrassed} I can't remember anybody giving me any encouragement at all about anything I've written. I usually don't put my ideas to anybody. When I'm waiting for fares I simply enjoy myself by rattling a little bottle of pills and whispering "Which one? Go on, pick one" lol. I had a thought later that in this story 'The Doctor' tells Sherlock he is himself a 'Time Lord' who wanted to opt out and had his memory stored in his pocket watch - that's why he's a genius. The adversaries have discovered this and are after revenge... so there is a bit of a story about how they foil the attempt on his life and how they trace the pocket watch to a 'Cash Generator Shop' but they find out that there were 5 of these watches made for a special commemorative issue for the 'Olympic Games (along the lines of The six Napoleons theme) so they have to deduce where they are all to be found. Also as it happens there really wasn't any mystery at St Barts at all because The Doctor had actually frozen time with his screwdriver just as Sherlock jumped and substituted one of Sherlock's death bodies (from on of his regenerations). Sorry I'm getting a bit carried away - I get lot's of ideas but then my mind goes into overdrive which I suppose is not very good for RP. Yes just an advisory role would do. Off to get another strong coffee and another patch. {buzzes} Tim
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 am

God I love the idea of the Cash Generator Shop and 6 Napoleons in.
    I'll get Greg over to have a look. Can we have Greg in this instead of John?
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Job : DCI with the Met.
    Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:47 am

Ello, ello, ello...wot we got 'ere then? This looks good. Btw, FYI I am a long time Whovian.

Maybe greg has called for a case and gets pulled in too. Maybe we can meet an AU John?

So, what now? I could start with the first post if you like, have Greg arriving at the flat and seeing a very odd light in the window and mist escaping that he thinks might be smoke? He might think Sherlock's blown something up again or half-killed himself and run up there to find out.

timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 am

GJ
    I'm not sure if SH is playing Sherlock and I'm playing John. That's what I had in mind. Should I give you the rest of the first chapter so that you can see where its coming from? Tim
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:07 am

I already had Sherlock, John, The Doctor, Mrs Hudson and Lestarde as initial characters. Fell free to lead me - I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I could watch or anything - I'd just love somebody to develop my story. Its such a buzz for somebody to appreciate something I wrote. I could even be the on legged newspaerman from the Napoleonic wars. lol
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 am

By the way GJ your arrival at the scene is depicted brilliantly it fitted right in at the end of the first chapter as I have you hammering at the door and Mrs Hudson is just scurrying out to open it, for you. John and Sherlock are waiting inside. The Doctor has just quickly poured his cup of tea into the aspidestra vase. The smoke is actually a heavy gaseous substance probably to be found in the same group in the periodic table as nitrogen (has similar properties, but is inert) it isn't normally found on earth as it can only be produced by the pressure found in a mega blast Super Nova that has a magnitude of ten times that of a grade II Super Nova. It actually makes dark matter stable in earth conditions at standard temperature and pressure. The Indian Mars Probe first encountered it on their first mission and it has been a bone of contention between Mumbai and Moscow governments ever sinceever since. lol {sorry mind's working overtime again, just joshing, but you never know} - waiting for further orders...
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:25 am

Right, we should start this in the rp section. However, questions. Content. Firstly, we already know this is an AU, but what do you want to do with this? Is is ending up slashy? Do you want to keep it plot driven and platonic? How do you see it? Do you mind profanity? Would you rather keep it clean? Depends on what you want as to where the rp gets posted. So, decide on whether this will be an ro of an adult/NC17-type nature or not. We can move on from there.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:02 pm

I suppose It could be anything you want eventually - I don't really know what 'slashy' means - I'm the new guy so I have to get my experience through experts - it can't be much fun for you if you've got to keep explaining terminology to me - but - already its getting so interesting. I don't even know if it goes out to an audience or its just for the players. I want to be guided by people who know what they or doing and that way I'll get to know the rules, limitations, how much content, length and so on. I also don't want to be doing the wrong thing and upsetting those involved. Just broke of to watch some anniversary Doctor things so I' back refreshed (re-generated). Helppppp!!!!!!
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Oh, are we staying on this thread now. Tim said do the starter so I have. Sorry. It's an AU so it has to go in AU.

https://sherlockrp.rpg-board.net/t658-the-light-in-the-falls-wholock-timjohn-gjlestrade-sh-221b

I'm totally flexible about swearing, sex, crime, violence, nudity, platonic or slashy. You tell me what you want to do or have in or omit and I'll follow.

Greg do you want to post next come with a case for Sherlock you suggested sounds good to me.

timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Wow I just saw the starter! Love it. SH what character should I play?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Tim, you should really play the Doctor. You know the plot.

You'll be fine, just be a Dr Who, any way you like, take bits from David Tennant's Tenth Doctor if you like just make it easy for yourself.

Thank you. It's a good starter because you wrote the outline for it. Laughing I just plagiarised your idea.

Tim can you answer Greg's earlier post asking about adult content and what you will be comfortable happy about writing, please.

To answer your question on the audience - Only this forum's members will be able to read the rp not the public online but still write what you are comfortable about writing or to enjoy the challenge of writing cause it's supposed to be fun not a chore.

Slash is often defined as a relationship, usually sexual, between two characters of the same sex. A gay romantic relationship with Dr Who and Sherlock holding hands and kissing is mildly slashy. I hope that helps.

See you later!

OH WOW Fantastic avatar, love it, love it.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:35 am

SH. OK yes I'll do my best. Yes I suppose I'll be OK writing anything really {as long as my mum doesn't get to see it (blushes) - I must admit I'm a bit shocked that I didn't realise what slash was. I just imagined it to mean a platonic friendship between two friends, hence John/Lock and so on. Not sure I'll be very good at it if my real life is anything to go by. {pushing spectacles further onto bridge of nose}
    Oh btw if you get time can you tell me about the use of the different levels of parenthesis?
    Thanks about the avatar - I may keep it although I thought I (accidently) did a good job on my original avatar. I'm having one more go at loading it it is a jpg the same as the one I just loaded...

Off to put my Docs head on!
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:33 am

Parenthesis are used in a post for short usually OOC = Out of Character remarks

(( Going away until Monday ))

Sherlock dropped his violin on the chair and hauled his phone out of his jacket pocket.

Question about Light In The Falls rp -
    I thought this was to be set in 21st century 'cause I didn't see anything before indicating otherwise. Your last post sounds like you are setting it in Victorian London. What year is it supposed to be?
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:40 am

Sorry - I got my two stories mixed up yes it's 21st century - have now corrected. Must be very annoying for you when that happens. Tim
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Post by GJLestrade Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 am

1. Don't worry that you don't know much. That's what we're here for. Smile 
    2. Don't worry about confusing plotlines. So far I've given Greg three different backstories and managed to forget which one was from which rp! Wink 
    3. Don't worry about anything, in fact. Just enjoy and Allons-y...
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey thanks Greg! - To be very honest, I was getting very worried, and pretty nervous. I thought I'd bitten of a little more than I can chew. Also I'm worried I am beginning to neglect things to get on here and check if I've had any replies. Its weird!

But you have put my at ease a bit. Its not as serious as I thought and I'm glad.

Tim
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:43 pm

As Greg says - Don't worry.
    Excuse my brevity / incoherence I'm on my first coffee of the day.
    Really seriously enjoy the ride.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Tim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am