BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

5 posters

Hi, I'm new here.

ConsultingFangirl

Job : Consulting scientist.
    Hobbies : Reading, writing, deducing.

Hi, I'm new here.  Empty Hi, I'm new here.

Post by ConsultingFangirl Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 am

I'm new here, and unsure of how to proceed?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Hi, I'm new here.  Empty Re: Hi, I'm new here.

Post by Sherlock. Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:48 am

Hi welcome to the board.

There's not a lot to it really procedure wise. You've posted your introduction fine, the rest's the same really. It's just a case of posting in the right section.

The section Adverts is for placing an Advert if you have an idea for a plot for an rp, or just to say you are available to RP, tell people who your character is and which characters you are looking for to do an rp with. You can answer other ads and volunteer for an rp.

If you have any questions just ask, we're all friendly, some of us have been rp-ing a while some are new to it.

When it comes to starting an rp we have usually worked out in advance when it is time-wise, basically what the plot is, we think of a title for it, then one writes a starter post and starts it as a new topic in the section it fits in, Traditional or Slash/Pairing or AU...the other one posts a reply. Tah dah ...that's you rp-ing like a veteran.

Read some of the rp's and get ideas or see how it's done, but like I said if something's not obvious cause it's all new to you then just ask. Oh, and have fun.

ConsultingFangirl

Job : Consulting scientist.
    Hobbies : Reading, writing, deducing.

Post by ConsultingFangirl Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 am

Okay, thankyou.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Job : Fixing The Past and Building The Future
    Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

Hi, I'm new here.  Empty What's AU?

Post by timjohn Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 pm

OK now I feel a bit dim - is there a glossary of acronyms somewhere to I don't have to keep asking? Tim (dim) lol. (chuckles) Oh and yeh what does AU mean?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 am

Sorry no glossary here. Yet. Blame Admin, I do lol.

A.U. is Alternative Universe, ie not what you see on the screen a world that is from your own imagination with characters possibly from other shows.

So, in A.U. you'll find Sherlock and / or John etc as kids =Kidlock or at University = Teenlock, Dr Who and Sherlock in an rp is a crossover = Wholock. Bilbo and Sherlock = Hobbitlock, FreeBatch is also an AU.

Have a read of a few rp's in each section and it'll all become apparent what's what. Do ask questions we want to talk to you
    timjohn
    timjohn

Job : Fixing The Past and Building The Future
    Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

Post by timjohn Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:04 am

Oh right sounds interesting. I'll check it out.
    Tim. Wow it sounds like clever stuff. Like Dr Who!!! Which I should have mentioned I was watching David Tennant in 'The Escape Artist' (three times - he's such a brilliant actor).I love you 
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Job : DCI with the Met.
    Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Agreed and one of my favs. Love David in pretty much everything he does. A glossary is a good idea, for new players like yourself especially. Ask and ye shall receive though. If you have a question, just ask. What do you want to know?
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:51 am

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am