BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+3
MAHolmes
His-Doctor
FinallyGinger
7 posters

Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective

FinallyGinger
    FinallyGinger

Job : Sorry...what?
    Hobbies : Reading, writing, literature...stuff.

Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective Empty Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective

Post by FinallyGinger Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:58 am

[WHOLOCK]
    (John and Sherlock: Non-slash. Sorry!)

Characters/Plot:
    Sherlock Holmes
    John Watson
    Molly Hooper
    Mycroft Holmes
    The Doctor
    Sebastian Moran

 OCs:
     Samantha Holmes: Daughter of Sherlock and Irene Adler
     Tyler (Ty) Ashcraft: Sam’s boyfriend (Not sure yet how he plays a part in everything, but he definitely needs to be a factor in everything)

Samantha dabbles in detective work for old DI Greg Lestrade. When Sebastian, Moriarty’s sniper, gets wind of her existence, he decides to hunt her down and kill her. She will suffer for the death of Moriarty. Bent on vengeance, he targets the now aging John Watson and Lestrade to spook Samantha. Caught up in something much bigger than she could ever imagine, Sebastian lays down a series of tricks for her to unravel. Each time, he gives her a clue about the nature of her coming death. Denying what she’s seeing, Samantha forges onward.
    (Not sure about ending. Something on a rooftop, mirroring Sherlock’s ‘death’?)
    [Sherlock was actually saved by the Doctor in the past without John knowing it. His memory altered??]

Looking for:
    Sherlock
    John
    Molly
    Mycroft
    The Doctor
    Ty
    Sebastian

THIS WILL BE A MAJOR RP, I NEED LOTS OF CHARACTERS!

I’d like it if I could have one character per person, but two is probably going to be the max for everyone unless not enough people want to RP this. I will, naturally, be Samantha. And I’ll also take whatever characters nobody wants to RP.

If anyone wants to be a part of this (and work on the plot with me) feel free to comment below and we’ll get started! Smile
    Cheers.

His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Job : Assistant to Sherlock Holmes
    Hobbies : Reading, Blogging.

Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective Empty Re: Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective

Post by His-Doctor Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:39 am

Count me in for John please. I could write some for Mycroft if a Mycroft doesn't come forward.
    FinallyGinger
    FinallyGinger

Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective Empty Re: Samantha Holmes - The worlds youngest consultant detective

Post by FinallyGinger Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 am

His-Doctor wrote:Count me in for John please. I could write some for Mycroft if a Mycroft doesn't come forward.

Brilliant Smile Welcome aboard!
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:21 am

FinallyGinger wrote:
    His-Doctor wrote:Count me in for John please. I could write some for Mycroft if a Mycroft doesn't come forward.

Brilliant Smile Welcome aboard!

Thank you Smile
    MAHolmes
    MAHolmes

Job : A minor position in the British Government
    Hobbies : What are those? Ah yes, things with which ones spare time is taken up, if one had any. Between worrying about my dear brother and taking care of National Security, spare time is but a pleasant dream.

Post by MAHolmes Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Oh, dear God, you're my niece? So Uncle Mycroft is going to have to look out for you too, is he? Sighs. Well, doubtless your father encourages you. If you have half as fine a mind as he, the world had better watch out. My problems have just doubled. I shall, however, refrain from commenting about your...dear mother. She is a... challenging woman. Got yourself in a spot of bother already I see. You probably won't but do call me if you require any help. Please don't be as stubborn as your father.

((I rp as Greg Lestrade with my GJLestrade account with His-Doctor, so if you require either Lestrade or Mycroft, let me know. I can do both))
    MAHolmes
    MAHolmes

Hobbies : What are those? Ah yes, things with which ones spare time is taken up, if one had any. Between worrying about my dear brother and taking care of National Security, spare time is but a pleasant dream.

Post by MAHolmes Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:27 pm

((And you don't need to apologise for non-slash, it's a refreshing change))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 am

Well, I have this account and a Doctor account, so will happily do both.

I don't particularly ship Sherlock and Irene though so can we imagine that it was just a one off and that they weren't in a relationship or anything? Also, she totally took advantage of him!
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:15 am

Ok, I could do Tyler as well as John.

John could have brought Samantha up at Baker Street if it wasn't Irene. If no slash at all we could say Mrs Hudson had the basement flat 221C damproofed as third bedroom.
    MAHolmes
    MAHolmes

Post by MAHolmes Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 am

John and Sherlock could parent her as platonic friends, although this might lead people to wonder if they were a couple. Which could give you some funny moments. If you want to avoid slash then 221C can be damp proofed and becomes John's flat with his old bedroom becoming Sam's. Sherlock could constantly refer to Uncle John for advice on bringing up his daughter.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 am

There's also the option of Sherlock not finding out she's his daughter until she's older!
    Consulting Criminal
    Consulting Criminal

Job : Consulting Criminal
    Hobbies : Murder

Post by Consulting Criminal Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 am

This was suggested to me by His-Doctor, so I thought I'd come and have a look at it because apparently you are needing Seb.

I know I play as Jim, but I could easily be Sebastian for you if you still need one. I'm not sure if there already is one here anyway, unless they're just never on.

_______

-JM ♥
    FinallyGinger
    FinallyGinger

Post by FinallyGinger Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Well.

It appears almost everyone has claimed a part while I was away.
    In the words of Nine, "FANTASTIC!" Very Happy

Right, so we have John (His-Doctor), Mycroft (MAHolmes), Sherlock (SherlockHolmes), The Doctor (SherlockHolmes), Ty (His-Doctor), Moriarty (Consulting Criminal), Sebastian (Consulting Criminal), Lestrade (MAHolmes).

Still need:
    Irene (Optional)((Forgot to add her to the character list))
    Molly Hooper (Probably also optional at this point)

SherlockHolmes:
    Yes, I thought it would be a one night stand between Sherlock and Irene that produced Sam, nothing serious or long term

His-Doctor:
    John raising her is a brilliant idea Smile

MAHolmes:
    Perhaps Mycroft tutors her? Teaches her deduction skills?
    FinallyGinger
    FinallyGinger

Post by FinallyGinger Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 pm

By the way, do we discuss plot here or do I have to start a new thread in a different section for that?
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Job : DCI with the Met.
    Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi. This is my Greg account btw, my Mycroft account is MAholmes. Might be better to keep the two apart. I doubt Greg is going to be in it much and you'd better have a very good reason why he would give someone cases who legally is a minor... (at least, you've not actually said how old she is). In my headcanon he's a dad and responsible and takes life and his work VERY seriously. If you're not okay with that, please let me know NOW.

Am happy for Mycroft to tutor her, in whatever skills he has that he feels she should know. Perhaps he's the expert at self defence (otherwise known as Bartitsu, it's canon for Sherlock, google it). There is a reason he has that umbrella with him all the time.

Plot involving individual characters maybe should be discussed via private messaging? Unless you want everybody to know in which case maybe another thread might be best.

Glad to come on board.
    MAHolmes
    MAHolmes

Post by MAHolmes Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, my dear, I would be delighted to tutor you, as long as you realise there is one word I will not tolerate and that is Bored. I do not expect my lessons to be boring. Essential, yes. Interesting, yes. Chellenging, most certainly. Boring, never. The word simply does not exist. You should also understand I require utmost commitment from yourself, and I shall set you homework. I will endeavour not to make the same mistakes as my own tutors made with me, of that you can be certain.

Among other things I propose to instruct you in the skills of deduction. Sherlock would obviously be the best teacher you could have but he is...challenged when it comes to passing on his knowledge in a form a young person can understand and assimilate.

I also intend for you to learn the art of Bartitsu...please do not snigger, it doesn't become you...the Victorian Gentlemen's method of self defence. Yes, yes, you do not have to point out the obvious. You are neither Victorian nor a gentleman. However, as a method of defence it is highly underrated and not expected by 99% of today's criminal classes. You are female. At some point in your life, defending yourself may be essential. I intend for you to know how.

As you see, my good friend Gregory may be able to help us by giving us a few cold cases for you to practice on. You never know, you might be of use to Scotland Yard. I shall call him and request a meeting. I look forward to seeing you soon. Give your father my regards.

((I hope this meets with your approval. Just some thoughts about what Myc might be able to teach Sam. Does this version of Mycroft meet with your approval? I also thought that the idea with Greg would allow Sam to find cases she can work on which wouldn't contravene Greg's wanting to keep her safe. The cold cases can always be reopened. Something might surface to help her or link her with Seb Moran and Moriarty.))
    His-Doctor
    His-Doctor

Post by His-Doctor Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi, lovely girl. Your dad says hello as well. I hope you and Ty have kept up practice with a gun. It's still a battlefield out there. Mycroft wasn't wrong there but don't tell him I said that, mm Smile Say hello to Greg for me when you see him, please.
    Love you loads. Proud and happy, as always, to be considered your other dad. JW

(( If that's ok with you? Could you PM me to go over things about who Ty is please, Sam's and his ages etc. I'll create an account for him. ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 am

Sam. If you're going to the shops, I need copper sulphate.
    SH
    MAHolmes
    MAHolmes

Post by MAHolmes Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm

She's with me until 4pm, dear brother. Do not presume she will be leaving early. Why on earth do you need a component to fungicide, anyway? Athlete's foot bothering you? MH
    Mycroft Holmes.
    Mycroft Holmes.

Job : The British Government. Walking database. Looking out for my brother, constantly.

Post by Mycroft Holmes. Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Sam's with Mycroft. I can whip over to Harcourt Road for a bag which grade 0 mm or 0.5 mm. TA
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Hobbies : I hate these things, they just prove I don't have a life... Eighties punk, playing the guitar badly, having a pint at the pub. How's that? Oh, yes, being taken to dinner by the British Government occasionally.

Post by GJLestrade Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:25 am

Just a suggestion, but we seem to have started role playing... Shall we begin a thread on the main rp forum pages?
    Mycroft Holmes.
    Mycroft Holmes.

Job : The British Government. Walking database. Looking out for my brother, constantly.

Post by Mycroft Holmes. Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 am

GJLestrade wrote:Just a suggestion, but we seem to have started role playing... Shall we begin a thread on the main rp forum pages?

I'm raring to go but waiting to hear from FG some things that Sam would like Tyler to be like, his age or anything.

Backstory I was thinking he might be an ex-soldier who jacked it in to be a professional artist as his job needs to be flexible to fit in with the plot. In my head he's tall and slender and a skinny fit jeans and shirt man.

I suspect he has to have something about him that Sherlock approves of too or he'd have lasted about three minutes likely he's steady, loyal and admires brains.
    GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Post by GJLestrade Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 am

He'd get on well with John then, and it's probably why Sherlock accepts him. Was he on the army medical team? I have a mate in the TAs, the Territorial Army, who is on the medic's team. He's equivalent to a hospital orderly I guess, as far as I can understand. If he has John's approval then Sherlock's might follow.
    Mycroft Holmes.
    Mycroft Holmes.

Post by Mycroft Holmes. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

GJLestrade wrote:He'd get on well with John then, and it's probably why Sherlock accepts him. Was he on the army medical team? I have a mate in the TAs, the Territorial Army, who is on the medic's team. He's equivalent to a hospital orderly I guess, as far as I can understand. If he has John's approval then Sherlock's might follow.

Yeah, he would get on well with John at least.

I dunno yet. I just don't want him to be a carbon copy of John. Medical is not really my area I have to look everything up. You know what I'm like Wink it's the time involved.

GJLestrade
    GJLestrade

Post by GJLestrade Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am

I suspect then that just being army makes him on a par and John would endorse that. Appreciate about the research angle. More work when you don't know stuff. Love the pic btw.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 am

Sherlock will be pretty harsh on him but only because he expects so much from the people he hangs out with. He'll secretly think he's an OK guy but won't tell him that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am