BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988)

The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Job : Consulting Detective

Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988) Empty Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988)

Post by The Consulting Detective Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Other versions of Sherlock Holmes have always interested me. I like to compare different works of different actors and writers. I've just seen another Sherlock version, Sherlock Holmes: without a clue. It was made in 1988 with Michael Caine (The Dark Knight, The Prestige) and Ben Kingsley as Doctor John Watson (Hugo, Ghandi, Shindler's List)

Has anyone seen it?

Well, if you haven't, this is what it's all about:
    John Watson is the brilliant guy here. He invented the character Sherlock Holmes for his works, and hired an always drunk actor in the gutter who likes to charm the ladies. Watson hires him to play the part of Sherlock Holmes. That is not an easy job, because the actor is clueless of the evidence in cases, which John Watson has to present him. This often goes in public, so they can't communicate easily. All in all, 'Sherlock Holmes' is an utter idiot and John is the hero.

In my opinion, it's all rather comical. The acting is really theatrical, which is fantastic on stage, but to grotesque for screen. I didn't think the characters had much layers... Moriarty for example was acted 100% bad, which I don't think is true. Well, second thought: This Moriarty is portrayed as the good old villain. I prefer our mad, psychopath <3

BUT the thing I wanted to share with you, is that this reminds me SO MUCH of an AU fanfic out of which they made a movie!
    What is your opinion about Actor!Sherlockcharacters? Or Actor AU?

I can't recommend the movie if you long for quality. It doesn't certainly match the quality of BBC Sherlock, but if you are bored and want to watch some fanfiction, it is hilarious. Truly hilarious.
    Molly_Dearest
    Molly_Dearest

Job : Morgue attendant at St Bart's Hospital

Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988) Empty Re: Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988)

Post by Molly_Dearest Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 am

This actually sounds like so much fun... kind of reminds me of.... Psych? I am not sure why but it does. I must check this out.
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988) Empty Re: Other verisions: Sherlock Holmes: without a clue (1988)

Post by J Watson@221B Tue May 08, 2012 8:27 am

Ack! You watch Psych? Too cool!
    Molly_Dearest
    Molly_Dearest

Job : Morgue attendant at St Bart's Hospital

Post by Molly_Dearest Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 am

I did.. I haven't watched in a while.. i think I watched a few episodes.. :s
    J Watson@221B
    J Watson@221B

Job : Retired Army doctor working at a hospital in London
    Hobbies : solving crimes with Sherlock

Post by J Watson@221B Tue May 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Eh, me too, its ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am