BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

4 posters

Make a Deduction - Mental concepts

adlocked
    adlocked

Job : Consulting Detective

Make a Deduction - Mental concepts  Empty Make a Deduction - Mental concepts

Post by adlocked Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Hey all -- I want to brain storm out a plot for the next rp I start on here.

School has sucked all of my creative juices and I have literally had the driest, most unimaginative cognitive abilities known to man.

I want to do something angsty, but not quite on the level of "Please Help Me" -- Something with more abstract angst rather than someone simply just being shot and dying. I perhaps wanted to integrate the concept of Sherlock having aspergers syndrome somewhere into the plot--perhaps a diagnosis or something, him coping with the truth or trying to shake it off or something. I dunno, i'm not even scratching the surface with this, it's just a very vague idea I'm throwing out. I invite anyone and everyone to brainstorm with me.

I want to involve a case as well but I'm having difficulty coming up with one. Any ideas?

Pairings welcome -- Don't really care who but I prefer John, Molly, Irene, or Mycroft (that last one obviously not involving romance - god no.)
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Job : Doctor, Blogger, Assistant to Sherlock Holmes

Make a Deduction - Mental concepts  Empty Re: Make a Deduction - Mental concepts

Post by John Hamish Watson Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 am

As a diagnosed Asperger's person myself, I love the idea of Sherlock having it.
    adlocked
    adlocked

Make a Deduction - Mental concepts  Empty Re: Make a Deduction - Mental concepts

Post by adlocked Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 am

Oh really? My best friend is also diagnosed. I think it's a really interesting concept to work with in writing and also honestly makes Sherlock's character even more fascinating.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah, it was one of the reasons I hardcore related to him when I first watched it.
    adlocked
    adlocked

Post by adlocked Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

I was thinking something like maybe John finds Sherlock in the drug house, kinda like in Last Vow except in this case he is actually using and is in a bad place mentally. Basically at a point of total shut down. And he would really need John however much he would deny it since John's absence would be much of the reason he is falling apart to begin with. Basically this concept that he became dependent on John's presence and the gratification and warmth it gave him.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:16 pm

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.
    adlocked
    adlocked

Post by adlocked Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 pm

I enjoy torturing him. Lol

I have also been wanting to play with the idea of something happening to john. Because we know how protective he is..
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:28 pm

Yeah. Like, I dunno if you've read the books but...Three Garridebs.
    adlocked
    adlocked

Post by adlocked Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 am

What's that?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Post by Night Baron Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_of_the_Three_Garridebs
    adlocked
    adlocked

Post by adlocked Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:29 am

Surprised yessss. Not even a severe injury but Sherlock still flips out. That's great.
    John Hamish Watson
    John Hamish Watson

Post by John Hamish Watson Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Yeah, and accidentally lets John see how much he really cares about him.
    adlocked
    adlocked

Post by adlocked Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:22 pm

lol "accidentally" ... key word.

Would you like to create a starter ? I was going to but I figure maybe you'd want to make up the backstory/starting point this time since I wrecked you all with the last one
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Job : Published children's author (no, really!), and part-time graphic novellist
    Hobbies : Causing trouble, Writing short stories, and non slash fanfiction. Also, gaming.

Make a Deduction - Mental concepts  Empty 'Lo

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:59 am

Hi, not sure if you already started the rp, but I would love to be a Mycroft for you. It's about bloddy time someone did a serious mental issue or showed sherlock actually using, so please I'd be honored to help you out! You sound very skilled and awesome. Please get back to me!

-MMF

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 am