BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+2
Sherlock Holmes
timjohn
6 posters

Played at Her Own Game

Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Played at Her Own Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Played at Her Own Game

Post by Sherlock. Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 am

Ok, I'll PM study-in-zinc to see if he's available. BTW Our Greg, GJLestrade, also has a Mycroft account.

By all means be the boss, it's your baby, best someone who knows the plot does the driving, I think.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Job : Fixing The Past and Building The Future
    Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

Post by timjohn Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:28 am

Oh Brilliant! Our Greg please...

Better 'The Mycroft' you know.

Come on Greg... What are you waiting for {grins}.
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : The Work, playing violin, insulting Anderson

Post by allonsysherlocklove Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:44 am

SH-221B mentioned that you might need a John. Is that spot still open?
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:15 am

allonsysherlocklove wrote:SH-221B mentioned that you might need a John. Is that spot still open?
    Oh you have the same avatar as Admin, that was confusing for a moment.

I did mention it - and I think it is still open. See what Timjohn says.

Tim? Your call mate.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Hobbies : Reading, Writing, SciFi, TV, I love science but was never much good at it but getting better all the Time

Post by timjohn Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:32 pm

What worries me is that I don't want to 'alienate' players who have already declared their desire to participate. I would be more than happy for you to play John providing the other John is happy with that and is busy or something.

It would be cool if everybody who has indicated an interest makes a definite commitment within the next couple of days.

Unfortunately because I am only 'learning the game' so to speak I am probably contacting people incorrectly and not very good at administration and getting things together.

[SH-221b] is playing Sherlock and is to PM study-in-zinc and hopefully I have a Mycroft (my current Lestrade) I will PM Admin about playing C.A.M. and of course I am playing Irene Adler...

I am relying on my friends SH-221b and Greg to help me get things together ([{To stand on my own ten feet}]). But at this stage it is just A Study in Think

I know members have probably been pretty busy with all the great stuff surrounding 50th Anniversary Celebrations so I can't really blame them but ((Just watched Matt and David on GN - swoon)) and hopefully things will settle down soon.

Can everybody who is definitely interested please PM me. Cheers. Tim
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Post by allonsysherlocklove Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Go ahead and let me know if you need me. I'm happy to fill in if you need me to. I'll actually use my second account for John though, jawnofthejam.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:46 am

Tim, who is playing John? allonsysherlocklove (using jawnofthejam)? Cause study-in-zinc hasn't replied to my PM so probably hasn't logged in.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes ( allonsysherlocklove) jawnofthejam, that's fine by me.

So have I got this right?

SH-221b = Sherlock
    jawnofthejam = John
    Sherlock Holmes (Admin) = C.A.M.
    GJLestrade = Mycroft
    timjohn = Irene

I'm ghosting Zimmerman and Sam.

timjohn
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 am

Seeing as real life has been distracting me how does Sherlock fit into the rp please?
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:04 pm

I would have thought you were a key player and the protagonist. I am only here to learn really and although I have set the scene I think a story like this involves you helping Mycroft to put the bad guys in a safe place so that the war can be brought to a satisfactory conclusion. Zimmerman is not that well known by the general public, but he did in fact orchestrate the bringing of the Americans into the war in 1917 which in fact did shorten it but not as Zimmerman had intended. Samuel Insull heavily involved in the Americans coming to the war was a real character also who eventually had to flee to America because of fraud. These people are incidental that's why I am ghosting them. C.A.M. is a Canon Character as you know as is Irene Adler both are the bad guy blackmailers and of course antagonists. Although I would love to write a book about this storyline it is being used in this context as a skeleton for what could be an interesting roleplay, based on The Canon and true life, that can take any direction the players would like according to what time they have available and how they would like to see it develop.
    I would be really grateful if you could outline how you see it going based on the above. Timjohn
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks Timjohn. I've posted.

The post is to introduce the idea that there is an, as yet unknown, blackmailer preying on the client. It sets the tone for Sherlock who uses John's first name while they are in private and refers to his friend as Dr. Watson or Watson in formal situations. This rendition of Sherlock Holmes is closer to the original canon due to the rp being set in the time after the death of Queen Victoria's husband Albert and before the rumblings of WWI are known to the public.

I haven't pm'd allonsysherlocklove yet to get to know them. I'd like to do so before we get too far in but have been busy.

I think it would be for our Mycroft to come to Sherlock with the problem of a national security risk? Has our projected Mycroft said he'll join the rp?
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:56 am

The eventual client is The King of Bohemia (reviving Scandal In Bohemia) or his family who now  is a go between for the overall leader of Germany (because the Kaiser is the now the King of Germany).

Mycroft is alerted because The King is being blackmailed and it will have serious consequences for National Securtity if it is not resolved.

Irene not only has one compromising photos of The King but several which are in an album of her Illustrious Clients.

Your current client being blackmailed over letters could help reveal  to Sherlock the fact that C.A.M. is still alive and also Mycroft could learn of the connection via this.

Irene has now been introduced to Samuel and they will have an affair but she will, through Samuel, be introduced to C.A.M. she may then have an affair with C.A.M. who will be using her to get hold of Irene’s photograph album.

Feel free to take the story where you want. The above is simply a logical sequence of events which would eventually link all of the characters together.

I thought our Greg (GJLestrade) was going to rp as Mycroft? Could you ask him please, and let me know?

Timjohn
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks for the above. I have just pm'd and asked our Greg if he can Mycroft up for us.
    timjohn
    timjohn

Post by timjohn Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:25 am

Brilliant. Thanks SH.

Timjohn
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Post by allonsysherlocklove Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 am

Hey all. Family got me for Thanksgiving, so I haven't been on much for the last couple days. So, just PM'd SH-221B back. I'll be switching over to my jawnofthejam account now, so if you need to PM me, please send it to that one.

Thanks,
    allonsysherlocklove (jawnofthejam)
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 am

Allonsysherlocklove / jawnofthejam has accepted the challenge and will be John for us. cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:17 am