BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Job : Doctor

Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)  Empty Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)

Post by John Watson2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:21 am

June 20, 2012

Goodbye.

As some of you might know, today I said my final goodbye to my colleague, flatmate but most of all best friend, Sherlock Holmes. I'd like to start off with thanking you all for your kind words and condolences, it means a lot.

The day started off early. I hadn't slept all night, again. I haven't been sleeping very well in the passed few days. Nightmares seems to be haunting me and it's post-Afghanistan all over again. The weather seemed to match my mood of today. It was pouring down and grey outside even though I swear I saw a peek of sunshine, at some point.

I knew it wouldn't be an easy one. Mycroft came over early and Mrs. Hudson made a nice kettle of tea for the three of us. Tea solved everything, but not this. Not this empty hole sucking in every but of life I have left. Mycroft of course babbled on about the more practical parts of this all. I asked him if I could keep Sherlock's coat, but he refused. He said it would damage more than it would cure. As if anything could cure the emptiness Sherlock left.

I still feel like I am living on automatic pilot. As if things hadn't sunk in yet. But they are, slowly but certainly. I try to push it away, try to deny that what I've seen that morning is just a bad dream and I'll soon enough wake up from it. But I won't. This bad dream has now became my life.

The funeral started at 10.30AM. There weren't many people. Sherlock wasn't exactly Mr. Popular, I have to admit. Lestrade, Molly, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft and I. And some people Sherlock had done a favour. I stared, stared the whole thing through. Words passed me by, they didn't reach through. But I remember everything said inside that church. Kind words came from people's lips, words they would have never dare to say in Sherlock's presence. I guess that's how it goes, once you're dead, suddenly people aren't afraid to confess how they really felt about someone. They regret they never told those people. I regret I never told Sherlock how I truly felt about him.

Outside the church a bunch of journalist had lined up. Of course all were hoping for a painful one liner coming from my lips. But I refused. I couldn't give them that, not after the horrible things they assumed Sherlock had done. They don't even know him. No one knows him like I had.

Silently Mrs. Hudson and I drove to the graveyard. You could tell she had been crying but fixed her make-up afterwards. I guess those times working and living did allow me to deduce some simple things. And I find myself doing so a lot of the time. I see the obvious now, the things I would have overlooked, unless Sherlock pointed them out to me.

As I stared at the name carefully engraved into the shiny black gravestone, I finally felt myself giving in. I felt every emotion, I felt. I hadn't cried, not until that point. I wished, begged for a miracle. One more miracle. Hell, I don't even need a miracle, I just need Sherlock. I need to hear his low voice as he mumbles some rude comment. I need to feel his eyes pinning mine, I need to hear him play the violin at 4.30AM in the morning.

And now I need a cup of tea. It has been a rough day and I'm certain the night will be any better. Once more I'd like to thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot.

John Watson.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)  Empty Re: Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)

Post by Sherlock. Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am

The Personal Blog of In Orbit

You are logged in as In Orbit

My coat wouldn't fit you, what did you want it for? What didn't you tell me John?
    I miss talking to you.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)  Empty Re: Unspoken words. (SH-221B x John Watson)

Post by Sherlock. Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 am

June 20, 2012

Personal Blog of John Watson

4 Comments

John if you want to phone me. Harry.

Harry Watson 20 June 2012 6:11pm

John, your best friend is lucky to have had you as his best friend.

In Orbit 20 June 2012 7:04pm

Sorry mate, just heard, phone me any time

Bill Murray 20 June 2012 8:14pm

He was a good man, come in and see us and have a meal soon. On the house. Angelo & Billy

Angelo 20 June2012 8:46pm

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 am

Inbox [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

1. NEW REPLY: Goodbye.

2. NEW REPLY: Goodbye.

3. NEW REPLY: Goodbye.

4. NEW REPLY: Goodbye.

John was surprised as he opened his inbox only 2 hours later. He tried to have a nap, but of course failed.

-------------------

4 Comments

John if you want to phone me. Harry.

Harry Watson 20 June 2012 6:11pm

John, your best friend is lucky to have had you as his best friend.

In Orbit 20 June 2012 7:04pm
    --- I guess so. Might be an odd question but do we know each other?
    John Watson in reply to In Orbit 20June 2012 9.01PM

Sorry mate, just heard, phone me any time

Bill Murray 20 June 2012 8:14pm

He was a good man, come in and see us and have a meal soon. On the house. Angelo & Billy

Angelo 20 June2012 8:46pm
    ---Thanks, mate! Will come down perhaps at the end of this week.
    John Watson in reply to Angelo 20June 2012 9.04PM
    John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

June 25, 2012. 06.37AM

Life goes on.

Good morning to all!

Hm. I might as well skip the good. It's not a good morning. It's not a good week, not a good year. But I'm certain you all knew so already so I wouldn't keep pointing out the obvious.

This morning I woke up at 5.17AM due to a dreadful nightmare. It's like I can't close my eyes without seeing Sherlock skimming through thin air. I woke up screaming his name, the same way I screamed it on that disastrous day. I was drenched in sweat and panting. It might becoming unhealthy by now, my lack of sleep. As a doctor I notice the small things. The lack of concentration, the dark circles around my eyes, headaches...

I'm still not used to being on my own. I set two plated when I'm absent minded. I make two cups of coffee. One black, one with 2 sugars in it. Yesterday I had an appointment with my therapist. She said it was normal and a part of the grieving process. A part of letting go. But what if I don't want to let it go? What if I want to hold on to these little things?

She also assured me to keep writing, updating my friends, you guys, on what keeps me busy. Even when they aren't positive things. She says it a good way to deal with it. SO here I am.

Had quite a bit of visitors passing by this week as well. All checking in on me. I'm flattered and thankful, yet I long to be on my own, with my own thoughts. Oh and Sarah, if you're reading this please check your phone.

I'm afraid I'll have to go and take a shower. Then buy milk, we ran out of milk.

John Watson.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:07 am

June 25, 2012

Very hot here. You would be cross with me if you knew this. I was chasing someone and fell off a wall. He got away. Sprained my ankle which is annoying. Just hold on to what you believe in and please take care of yourself.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 am

June 25, 2012.

Life goes on.

4 Comments

Are you going to phone me. Harry.
    Harry Watson 25 June 2012 4:10pm

I lost someone dear to me. Keep writing and keep busy. It will get better.
    In Orbit 25 June 2012 6:09pm

Call on me if you need anything.
    Mike Stamford 25 June 2012 7:13pm

If you want to come down to Dartmoor again you are always welcome.
    Henry Knight 25 June2012 8:56pm

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm

June 25, 2012.

Life goes on.

4 Comments

Are you going to phone me. Harry.
    Harry Watson 25 June 2012 4:10pm
    └ Will phone soon. JW
    John Watson In reply to Harry Watson, 26 June 2012 6:43pm

I lost someone dear to me. Keep writing and keep busy. It will get better.
    In Orbit 25 June 2012 6:09pm
    └ Sorry to hear, thanks for the advice. Will keep it in mind. JW
    John Watson in reply to In Orbit, 26 June 2012 6:52PM

Call on me if you need anything.
    Mike Stamford 25 June 2012 7:13pm

If you want to come down to Dartmoor again you are always welcome.
    Henry Knight 25 June2012 8:56pm
    └ Thanks Henry. Doubt I'll be able to come around any time soon. But I appreciate this. JW
    John Watson in reply to Henry Knight, 26 June 2012 7:02PM
    John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

July 14, 2012.

Quick update.

Just a quick update to all of you since I haven't been on here for a good 3 weeks.

A lot of things happened but let's skip all the emotional drama and sum up the facts. (I don't have much time, therapist appointment in 30mins.)

About two weeks ago I completely collapsed. I was exhausted, both emotionally and physically. I hadn't ate enough and didn't get enough sleep. On top of it I had drank myself to heaven the night before. And so I ended up in the hospital for a good week. Nothing to worry about, but they insisted on me to stay. I'm walking with my stick again. Hate it, but can't do without.

I feel a bit better at the moment. But I fall down deeper after I've felt like this. It's like I feel guilty for feeling good when it hasn't even been a month. It might sound ridiculous to all of you, but for me it makes perfectly sense.

Anyway, got to go now.
    Enjoy the sunshine for while it lasts!

John Watson.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 am

You are logged in as In Orbit July 14, 2012

A successful week. Ankle much better. In the mountains now and it is pleasantly warm instead of stifling hot. You would like the mountains. You always liked getting out of London.

I have a good contact here so someone to talk to about work but I wish it was you. I was hoping to be back in London in under six months but there is more to do than I thought.

I miss you. I read your blog and I swear I'll make this up to you somehow when I get home.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:52 am

July 14, 2012.

Quick update.

5 Comments

Pull yourself together for gods sake.
    Harry Watson 14, July 2012 2:20pm

Harry! Give him a break. You must look after yourself John. Please.
    Molly Hooper 14, July 2012 2:55pm

It's fine, to not feel bad all the time. Really. Your friend wouldn't want you to feel sad. He would want you to take care of yourself. Try to do that for him.
    In Orbit 14, July 2012 3:12pm

Sorry to hear that, John. Keep your chin up!
    Mike Stamford July 14, 25 June 2012 5:13pm

That's terrible, I was going to suggest you come and have a game of rugby with us.
    Bill Murray July 14, 2012 6:56pm
    John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 am

July 14, 2012.

Quick update.

5 Comments

It's fine, to not feel bad all the time. Really. Your friend wouldn't want you to feel sad. He would want you to take care of yourself. Try to do that for him.

└ I'm trying. It just needs some time to heal. You have a blog yourself where you wrote about your loss? JW

[/u]

That's terrible, I was going to suggest you come and have a game of rugby with us.
    └ Sorry, have to skip. How about a coffee on Friday? JW
    John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:49 am

July 16, 2012 09.15AM

One of many.

One month today. It felt like a year already.
    Off to visit Sherlock's grave with Mrs. Hudson.

I won't ever stop believing in him.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 am

July 14, 2012.

Quick update.

5 Comments

└ I'm trying. It just needs some time to heal. You have a blog yourself where you wrote about your loss? JW
    └ Not exactly. I'm not good with words. It will get better, things will improve. The sun always comes out after rain. In Orbit

[/u]

└ Sorry, have to skip. How about a coffee on Friday? JW [/quote]

Last edited by SH-221B on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 am

└ Not exactly. I'm not good with words. It will get better, things will improve. The sun always comes out after rain. In Orbit
    └ Right. It's the only thing I seem to be good at lately. Thanks for the support. JW

Last edited by John Watson on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 pm

July 16, 2012

One of many.

4 Comments

Keep on believing, John. Hold onto that positive thought. I know he could do those things and you know it.
    In Orbit 16 July 2012 11:04am

Sherlock thought a lot about you. I could tell. Give Mrs Hudson a big hug from me.
    Molly Hooper 16 July 2012 4:12pm

Bravo!
    Mike Stamford 16 July 2012

He helped me and lots of people. Remember the first night he brought you to the restaurant? You forgot your stick!
    Angelo 16 July 11:47pm

Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:16 am

You are logged in as In Orbit 4 August 2012

The turning of the world

My arch-enemy kept me waiting to determine which of us lived and which of us died. As the dark of night gave way to the pale light of dawn I had time to try and solve the puzzle of when everything changed. It was a disconcerting, unsolved case that rattled around in my brain like a pea in a whistle while watching John slumped over a lab desk sleeping.

The events which brought me to the roof, to a narrow stone ledge, and my apparent death had begun long before I met John though. Simply put, it runs in the family to be rational and practical and not indulge in energy sapping, thought clouding emotions.

I could not change myself in order to live up to someone's expectations about how one should behave in a relationship and also remain who I was. That, and the fact that I never met anyone sufficiently interesting with whom to share my work. I needed an assistant but thought myself extremely fortunate just to find a flat-mate.

I liked John immediately. It seemed a terrible waste, to me, that he should end up rejected, hurt, alone and starved of the things that made him feel alive and valuable. He was different too. He wasn't afraid to form his own opinions and, although good-natured, he wasn't afraid to say what he thought either. He hadn't understood my method of deduction but he was openly appreciative of my ability in this direction when I gave him a practical demonstration.

This was the start of the turning of my world, the best change in my life, more than I had ever dreamed of having.

It has been a long day in a hard, relentlessly exhausting month and I could write much more but not right now.

Even if I am not who you want and cannot be what you need, you are what I want and need, John.

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:24 am

26 September, 2012.

Just keep going.
    -- Private post, restricted members can't see.

Hello,

I know it has been a long while since I last wrote on here, but I sort of tried to keep myself away from the computer. But here I am with another update. I've put this update on private. Not all of my friends or family need to know about my darkest things. But I need to write them down, it helps me deal with them.

I can hear you all wonder out loud how it's going. Well for those who hasn't seen me around these days, I'm not that well. I dropped a considerate number of pounds due to lack of eating. I don't understand how Sherlock kept doing this. I mean, he didn't ate for days and still kept on a healthy weight. Doesn't seem to do it for me.

I'm still going around with the stick. In fact, I'm depending on it more and more each new passing day. I know, I know, it's all between my ears but as long as it's there, I can't be able to get rid of the stick. I can live with it, it's all fine. I mean there's worse things in the world, right?

I've met up with some friends every now and then. I was a relief to be able to distract myself from these four walls every now and again. Though when I return home, I grab to a bottle of whiskey nearly every time. I drink my sorrow away now, it works great to keep up with the much needed sleep when I mix them with the pills my therapist gave me. Haven't slept better in years.

Mornings aren't my thing anymore. I basically forces Sarah into giving me either no shift, or evening shifts. They seem to work best. But I don't turn up regularly anymore. I just can't bring myself to it.

Loads of concerned friends have come and check on me. I made sure I was alright when I had to face them. They tell me I'm strong, tell me they understand and they're here for me. Even though I appreciate all of them, there's nothing they can do.

I hate myself for never telling the truth to Sherlock. To never tell him how dearly I loved him. And now I won't ever have the chance. He was so much more then a flatmate, so much more than a best friend. At least to me. He made me live again, he cured my wounds. And now all that's left is one gaping wound. And it hurts. It hurts more and more.

I can't get out of this black hole. I tried, I really did. But it's so dark around me all of the time, I can't find the light anymore. I find myself visiting his grave and just sitting down in front of it, not saying a word. Sometimes I think i can hear him talk, see him somewhere in the crowdy streets of London. But it's never him. It's never Sherlock and it won't ever be Sherlock again.

I'm scared and alone.
    I need you, Sherlock.
    Please.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:51 pm

You are logged in as In Orbit 3 October 2012

The turning of the world 2

John, I regret that I had to keep so much from you and that I left without you knowing but there wasn't time or a way to tell you in the end.

I thought those were the worst weeks of my life when I had to spend time with you every day ensuring that everything seemed normal, keeping you unaware of where this macabre and dangerous game was heading.

I'm sorry but it was necessary to keep you out of it so that you wouldn't be involved, that you couldn't be blamed, or blame yourself, if it all went disastrously wrong.
    Do you remember him saying in the pool that you had shown your hand. He banked on the feelings being mutual, perhaps I was betrayed by an informant. It was too risky for you to know in case you tried to help. I couldn't risk you being a loose cannon on the deck. I had to protect you.

I was that day what I had to be, a heartless machine, without emotion, calculating moment by moment the odds for and against my, and your survival. I was prepared to do what people won't do and watched my heart breaking 70 feet below.

On that stone ledge, John, I did not have any choice. I had to continue and I was unreservedly willing to risk everything I had been, or was, or that I might be.
    I felt, John, that all I had to do was let go and that you could grab me as I fell. I felt that your grip would be sure and strong.

I knew I could put my life in your hands again. I said “Goodbye John” in case that was the last thing I could ever say to you. I wanted to say “I love you” but that would have made parting worse for you.

I thought that love was nothing but an inconvenient transient chemical reaction. I was cynical but every day I had with you convinced me that it was something far more enduring.

Maybe you will meet a woman, perhaps go off and get married and leave danger and adventures behind for a stable life and a more satisfying relationship. If that happens I will always have the greatest respect for you and would hide how I feel about you so that would be happy with your life.

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Personal blog of John Watson.

12 october, 2012

Still here.

>> Private post, restricted members can't see

Updating this blog has become an option, no longer I see this as a priority.
    Days go by slowly, but they go by and I guess that's something as well.

The fact I'm still here surprises me. My therapist calls it being strong, I prefer to call it wasting away.
    I have better days, I have worse days. I can't even predict the bad days as I could do before.
    I still drink a lot, though, i have cut it down a little. I don't want to become like my sister, so I guess I'll have to thank her for giving me the example of how to become.

About an hour ago I returned from visiting Sherlock's grave. Going there calms me down lately. I just sit in front of it, clearing my mind. It's the only thing that makes me feel close to him. As if we're actually sitting together for a moment. It helps. Sometimes.

The flat is a mess. I should really get to cleaning it before Mrs. Hudson comes up and sees the state of it. She's not my housekeeper, but I doubt she'll be able to see the flat in this state without cleaning it up. I don't like having much people around, no offense, so I rather get it out of the way.

winter's coming up. It will be a cold one. I just wish I had Sherlock around to keep me warm.

I miss him. More and more each day.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 pm

3 November 2012

Making progress

While I was in France I found quite a nice old violin for sale on a stall in a street market. It isn't as sweet and rich in tone as my own, and it slips out of tune quickly, but even with the cost of a repair it was a bargain. It helps me to think and relax while I am waiting for information.

It's exhausting but exhilarating work. Often I'm just glad of a chance to catch up on some sleep though and I post when I can. Can't say where I am but I'm not always able to get a connection out here.

I cannot come back until it safe for all of you. Every day takes me further away from you but it is a day closer to being finished here and a day closer to going home.

John, I dreamed last night that I was back in our flat with you. I was sorry to wake up.

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Personal blog of John Watson.

16 November, 2012

5Months.

5 months and all I can thing about. 5 Months and all I can think about is you.
    I keep telling myself I'm a strong person. I survived Afghanistan and its aftermath. But then again, if Sherlock hadn't picked me up, I probably would be like this as well.

But Sherlock had picked me up. And I'm a weak man. I can't believe how much this struck me. How much this still struck me. There's still so many things I want to tell him. I want to explain how much I envied him. How much I looked up to him, how much I loved him.

I've been sleeping so strange at night. Sometimes I sleep for very very long times, when other times I get hot by insomnia. The positive side is, my bright moments, moments I feel alright last longer than they had before. I believe that's something.

Lestrade hired 3 new people. 3 people in order to "replace" Sherlock. And they still can't solve the case. We all need you. I need you.

John.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 am

25 December 2012

Getting somewhere now

I am waiting for information now about my next phase of work.

My source tells me you are quite well. I hope that is accurate.

Christmas Day. It looks very Christmassy here, lots of snow. Everyone is all very festive and I stick out like a sore thumb. I'm used to that, it doesn't bother me.

I wonder if you are all having a get together like last year? I suppose you will be the one they suggest wears the hat with the reindeer antlers this year. Be nice to the ladies we know. I know you will be. One of them was especially helpful. I'll tell you about that when I get back.

I hope to be done by late February or mid March, it's all going at a better speed now.
    Not too long now.

Enjoy today. Happy Christmas.

John Watson2
    John Watson2

Post by John Watson2 Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

The Personal Blog of John Watson

25 December 2012

Merry Christmas.

Or just Christmas? I'm rather sure it's not a merry one.

This year there was no gathering together at the flat. There was no cheery violin concert and implied reindeer antlers. Lestrade invited me to his place and I went. There were a bunch of Scotland Yards employees, friends of Lestrade's and, what I think it was, a set up blind date for me. It was horrible. I pretended to smile, tried to drink as much as possible even though it seems like I have become immune to certain kinds of alcoholic beverages.

I left early, took the long way home and collapsed on my bed with memories of last year playing in loops through my mind.

I hope they don't do Christmas decoration up in heaven.
    Have a good one.

John.
    Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:56 pm

25 February 2013

Good news at last

I think I can safely say most of my work is done now.
    There is just one man to deal with although he has been the trickiest of them all.

My source tells me you have not been in good shape. He's still keeping an eye on you, John, at least there is that.

My news is that I have had a bit of luck. He has made a big mistake.
    I will be back in London shortly. By the middle of March. It cannot come quick enough for me.

I hope when I get back that I will have you alongside me on cases as we were before.

Nobody has a sense of humour like yours I am looking forward to all that and it will be so good to hear you laugh again too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:24 am