BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Interruptions (John/Sherlock)

The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Job : Consulting Detective

Interruptions (John/Sherlock) - Page 26 Empty Re: Interruptions (John/Sherlock)

Post by The Consulting Detective Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 am

((Could we have a time out on this rp for a while? i had a big row with my mom yesterday about school and other stupid stuff. I have an important testweek again next week. So sorry that I didn't reply yesterday, but I just couldn't post. Sorry.))

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 am

((No need to apologize, that's fine. I'm getting close to midterms myself. Take whatever time you need. Hope things get sorted out with your mom.))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 am

((I do need to apologise, because: what has it been? two weeks? I just got carried away by stuff happening here. I got into a second row with my mom on Saturday 23th, when I had to get away from my mom for my own sake, so I fled to my boyfriend and stayed there the whole day. Last week I had an important test week and this Saturday I heard my uncle and aunt are having a divorce. Though I love our rp, I must say I was glad I didn't have to think about replying daily, which gave me a bit of peace of mind through all the hectic stuff.))
    ((BUT we carry on my wayward son. HERE WE GO!))

Sherlock embraced the familiarity of John's teasing and smiled one of his broadest crooked smiles.

"Well, Doctor Watson..." Sherlock drew John in by tugging lightly at John's jacket lapels. "Watch your towels." He stepped back with a wink.

Sherlock opened the door to the sitting room again and stepped aside to let John in first, like a real gentleman. The fog in his mind had cleared and only tiredness, hope and information about the case remained.

Once they entered the room, all eyes were fixed on them. Before an unpleasant atmosphere could ruin Sherlock's just regained happiness, he broke the silence.

"Gentlemen-" The female police officer looked insulted and was about to cough when Sherlock added graciously: "and lady. Today, we are gathered to catch some criminals. Between dawn and dusk, these criminals can appear on these grounds. I don't know how many men there will be exactly. At least I expect two men, maybe 4, not more. Their target will be the secret room on the east side of this building, containing a chest. This chest." Sherlock whacked the top of the chest, waking up some of the officers. "But we won't let that happen."

"My partner and I"(meaning every possible explanation of the word partner) "have set booby-traps in that room and we have locked the door, naturally. I expect the criminals to divide into two or three groups: one that will enter the tiny room and one that will wait outside that room and if they are smart: another group for backup. I propose the strategy to encircle the group inside and outside the chestroom. We could hide in the hedges 40 yards away from the room. If anyone has a better strategy, I would love to hear it."

Sherlock looked questioningly at every man -and woman- in the room, but none of the officers replied. Then, he looked at John and raised his eyebrows.

((I MISSED THIS))

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:54 am

((Oh gosh, yeah that sounds like a horrible few weeks, I totally understand the need for the break. So sorry to hear about all of that. It is good to have you back though!))

John smiles when he sees that Sherlock's holding the door for him. Sometimes he still acts so much like a kid with his first date- putting on his best manners after an argument.

Watching Sherlock sweep back into the room, John felt all of the tension of the evening melting away. His detective was back, clearly in his element and focused on the case again. They would get this case wrapped up, then have a proper talk about the argument, then spend another night taking advantage of the Count's lovely guest bed, and finally back to the flat. Shopping needed to be done soon and...

"Oh bloody hell, he never took those rat tails out of the fridge before we left!" John mutters to himself as Sherlock starts up his little pep-talk. He gets a slightly confused look from the female police officer, so he quickly puts his focus back onto his loquacious partner. Man should have gone into theatre. John thinks, making his lips twitch with a grin.

"Well, your question is clearly rhetorical, as you seem convinced that your plan is the only decent one- no, I don't mean it as an insult, you've just clearly done this before and you are very confidant. I would argue with you if you seemed stupid, but you clearly not, just a bit grandiose." the female officer says with a snort, "So I say we skip the formality of bringing up other ideas for you to shoot down and just go into the details of what you want us to do tonight."

John couldn't hold back a chuckle at the woman's blunt, but ultimately complimentary words. He holds out a hand.

"John Watson."

"Jillian Marshall. Nice partner of yours, he always like this?" she asks sardonically, sitting down to look at a plan of the manor grounds.

"Yeah, pretty much. He means well."

She rolls her eyes, "I'm sure, but doesn't stop you from wanting to just smack him and tell him to shut up. I feel like I'm in some sort of BBC drama. The coat really doesn't help."

John chuckles, but bumps her shoulder lightly, "Hey, watch it. That's my fiance you're teasing!"

She smiles, "You going to call me out to defend his honor?"

"Pistols at dawn?"

Jillian giggles, "You're cute. Word of advice on the whole marriage thing; don't forget to go on dates after the wedding. My husband and I started doing it a few years ago after a really bad patch of time, I think it saved our marriage. We'd sort of...forgotten why we fell in love, that reminded us."

John smiles, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," then leans down and starts talking positioning strategy with the other cops, looking to Sherlock for input on where he thinks what paths he thinks the criminals will be moving along.

((Ok, silly filler material. I had an idea a week ago on a possible Moriarty plot. Something that could act as the final push to get Sherlock desperate enough to do Reichenbach. Involves a kidnapped John. Want me to PM you about it?))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 am

((Gah, sorry for the intermezzo. I got a heavy cold, had to perform at an art contest, while being cold and actually won that contest, so now I'm back :'))
    ((Sounds great! Please do))

The cops were easy to talk and cooperate with, which made Sherlock glad. They didn't ask many questions, and when they did, they asked the useful things. Still, they were careful with asking Sherlock things, because he had snappily replied to the few who dared. Instead, they seemed to turn to John, asking for his expertise.

Now Sherlock wasn't bothered and annoyed by idiots, his attention was attracted by John. For a while, he just stood there looking at him. How he shuffled his feet, how he licked his lips, how he just was around others. And when John shot a glance at Sherlock, Sherlock couldn't help but reply John's wink with a smile. Everything felt familiar again.

((And then? xD I am so terrible at this right now))

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:03 am

((Hey, congrats on the contest! Also, don't worry about the intermezzo, this past week was midterms for me, and then a few days of travelling to get home, so I didn't have a lot of time to update myself))

John shared a smile at Sherlock from across the table. The knowledge that they were all straightened out again filled him with a warm glowing feeling, centered in his stomach.

"Right, so we should probably have people stationed in these two areas near the various entrances in case we have people try to sneak in the building. Probably only need to have two. Then on the grounds we should have people in groups of three here, here, and here. We'll need at least one person with a walkie-talkie in each group so we can communicate between each other. Sherlock and I will take up these two posts near the trapdoor. No need to look alarmed, we're used to working on our own, we'll be fine. Now ideally, after they try to break in those who aren't caught by the traps can be routed around this way and will be caught by the group here..." John continued outlining plans, tracing invisible lines of attack along the map, "Ok, that's it. Everyone clear?"

Everyone around the table nodded.

"Great. We can take an break for everyone to get some supper, as it will be a long night. Then meet back here, sharp on the hour, to do one last recap and we'll get into position. Count DeMauley, I believe you are providing food?"

"Yes, of course. If you all head to the kitchen, Cook has made up some hot pasta and salad."

John hung back behind the crowd heading to the kitchen so that he could grab a moment with Sherlock.

"You alright with the plan?" he asked softly, brushing his fingers over Sherlock's hand on the map, "I figured you would want to be right at the trapdoor, and we can hold down the area on our own. Shouldn't be too different from flushing out those diamond smugglers in Soho."

((Figure we just get the actual criminals there, then things will pick up again. Until then it's just filler.))
    The Consulting Detective
    The Consulting Detective

Post by The Consulting Detective Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 am

((I don't know how to tell this because I don't want to let you down, so I'll just say it: I think I cannot continue with this rp, at least not for the coming two months. I have my final exams in May, which is more stress than I can handle. I also have the feelimg like we were filling a lot, which wasn't very appealing to continue for me. I'd like to switch over to your idea from your pm, but honestly, the scale of the subject matter I have to know in 2 months is so big, I have to pocus on that and on that only. I feel so sorry for letting you down, and I hope you will want to continue this rp with me in two monts. Do you have a tumblr or anything where I can notice you when my exams are over? Love, Lisa.))

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 am

((That's totally fine, I figured you were really busy with school stuff. I don't mind picking things back up in a few months and moving past the filler stuff. I don't have a tumblr, but I can give you an email address to reach me by, or you can just pm me on here. Good luck as you finish up the school year, I hope things go well for you!))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:46 pm