BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

+2
The Spider
Sydney-Harrison
6 posters

Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers)

Sydney-Harrison
    Sydney-Harrison

Job : Whatever the highest bidder asks me to do
    Hobbies : I dabble in a bit of everything

Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers) Empty Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers)

Post by Sydney-Harrison Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:40 am

Did you miss me? JM
    The Spider
    The Spider

Job : Consulting Criminal
    Hobbies : Having people murdered one way or another...

Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers) Empty Re: Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers)

Post by The Spider Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:53 pm

I laughed hysterically at that part.
    I knew right away. But then again, I was thinking: No, they wouldn't.
    But then it was confirmed and I lost it.
    Jim's my favourite and I was devasted when they 'killed' him off.

But yes, I did miss you, you psychotic wonderful bastard.
    Sydney-Harrison
    Sydney-Harrison

Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers) Empty Re: Anybody seen Sherlock The Final Vow (Spoilers)

Post by Sydney-Harrison Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Sweetstripedwatson and I have been watching then together, and we screamed, a lot. I was so excited. I did the same thing.
    It's him..
    They wouldn't
    Did you miss me? Hell Yeah!

My dad was trying to get me to explain it, but he didn't get why we were so happy a villain had returned.

The Spider
    The Spider

Post by The Spider Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Apart from that though, Andrew deserves every award ever for that asylum scene.

I also think it speaks volumes about how Sherlock views him, considering it took place in his mind palace. He did have to be chained to a wall, collared and restrained with a straight jacket. Which is kind of terrifying when you think about it.

I really loved that scene. They did that very well.
    allonsysherlocklove
    allonsysherlocklove

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : The Work, playing violin, insulting Anderson

Post by allonsysherlocklove Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:24 pm

And Sherlock was using! I could have slapped him! Well, Molly did it for me.

And MARY! She shot Sherlock! I found it delightfully dramatic.

Let's see, what else. CAM was fucking creepy as all hell. Glad Sherlock shot him.

Granted, I'm a die-hard Sherlock shipper, but I was hoping we'd get a bit more from Sherlock when he thought he was saying goodbye to John.

And I LOVE Sherlock's family. They're fabulous. And we got backstory!

Anyway, I'll just leave it there...

AND JIM'S BACK! EEK!

Sydney-Harrison
    Sydney-Harrison

Post by Sydney-Harrison Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:27 pm

I know Andrew in the mind palace was just crazy. He does deserve all the awards.

I personally liked the little martial arts bits, because I know how to do variations on what John did, and I can do what Sherlock did to Mycroft.

Little Sherlock though I mean and Red Beard!!!! And he even said "they're gonna put me down to." I mean seriously.

Mary was surprising, but I knew it wasn't the other lady who's name escapes me, because she wouldn't have the guts, but I did kind of hope it was Irean.

Sherlock.
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:24 am

It was mmmmm yeah. Great balance between showing backstory and the dynamics of the main relationships, John's psychological makeup and a case.

Seems to me that Mycroft came out to spend a few moments with Sherlock to say what was important to tell him if the plan to send Sherlock to negate Magnussen as a threat to Mary, John, his brother and himself, and stabilise national security, went wrong and resulted in Sherlock's exile. The exile was considered a death sentence.

My question is:
    Who planned to convince the powers that be that exiling Sherlock would be a mistake?

Did Mycroft plan it as an escape route for Sherlock knowing he'd kill Magnussen to keep his vow?
    Or did Sherlock engineer flashing Moriarty's face simultaneously onto every telly screen to get a reprieve by convincing the powers that be that here was another threat to National security.
    Or does Moriarty really have a brother?

The Spider
    The Spider

Post by The Spider Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 am

I do very much agree that CAM was creepy as hell. I liked him though. He was interesting. I was hoping to see more of him and learn further about his 'files'. That was fascinating.

As for Moriarty's face appearing all over England - although it may be a trick (despite having Andrew at the end saying, "Miss me?") I do believe he is back. Perhaps Mycroft might have been involved? He did not seem very happy about Sherlock going into exile. It might be possible that he also knew Jim was alive, unless Jim has been watching Sherlock and getting informed of his every move.

Or maybe it's just one big coincidence and Jim decided to make his appearance just as the plane had taken flight. I guess we have to wait until s4 to find out.
    InsanityxSmiles
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 am

I watched it after I got home last night- though it took me forever to find a way to watch! I kept screaming so my parents had to come in and shhh me multiple times. I felt pretty pathetic but I seriously teared up seeing Sherlock in a drug den, but couldn't stop laughing at the face of 'Oh shit' he made when John said he had to pee in a jar.

I was also kinda thinking that maybe the 'other brother' was going to be that Bill kid. I mean, the way they had him deducting made it feel like that was too obvious so probably not the case.

Some people on Tumblr are talking that maybe Jim- the one we saw- really was an actor. That the real Moriarty used him to toy with Sherlock, so if anything went wrong, Sherlock still didn't know who Moriarty was.
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Benedict Cumberbatch

Job : Actor
    Hobbies : Motorcycling, Scuba Diving, Sketching.

Post by Benedict Cumberbatch Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 am

Yeah, I wonder what did happen to the other Holmes brother, the eldest, Sherringford?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am