BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

5 posters

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent) - Page 8 Empty Re: I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 am

"We?" he repeated in disbelief, was he supposed to travel with him? It was just preposterous. "I've just said I don't want to go, Mycroft, you should have consulted me before making arrangements," he protested.

Maybe a few months ago he would have felt guilty about refusing such an opportunity, but now, now John Watson didn't care about anything any more.
    Or better, there was only one thing he wanted to do, and he had to be alone in his apartment for that.
    "I have things to do in London," he muttered, his voice dropping lower, his plans would all get messed up if he accepted this.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Job : A minor position in the British Govenrment
    Hobbies : keeping track of my rogue brother, keeping the government intact, dating personal assistants, and baking.

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent) - Page 8 Empty Re: I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

Post by Mycroft Holmes Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Mycroft chuckled. "You seem to think you have a choice in this matter. Let me make it clear: you do not."

Mycroft sat down and looked the doctor in the eye. "John. I know it's - difficult. But holing yourself up in the flat is not what he would have wanted. A car will be here to fetch you at 5 PM."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

John's face darkened considerably when Sherlock was mentioned, he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he couldn't help thinking that it was none of Mycroft's business anyway.
    "If you are doing this for some sort of obligation towards your late brother, Mycroft, you know very well the one with issues is not me," he protested, his eyes blazing with anger. "I do not want to be taken care of as if I couldn't do it on my own, I am fine," he lied, he just wanted to be left alone.

"He wouldn't have wanted that! Ah!" he snapped, as if any of them knew what Sherlock had thought. "What do you know! Sherlock didn't care... Sherlock wouldn't care..." he muttered, so sure, because Sherlock had chosen not to be with him now, he had chosen to take his life.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Hobbies : keeping track of my rogue brother, keeping the government intact, dating personal assistants, and baking.

Post by Mycroft Holmes Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Mycroft sighed. If John only knew. "I am not here to babysit you, Dr. Watson. And I am not here to makeup for my brother."

Mycroft saw the lie as soon and JOhn said it. "YOu are not fine. And Sherlock....Sherlock loved you JOhn, even if he wouldn't admit it. He cared."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:26 am

John's hands clenched into fists: "Ah, right, of course, it's clear, Sherlock Holmes the self-proclaimed sociopath loved me of all people," he exclaimed sarcastic. "I had no idea you were delusional, Mycroft," he spat, his voice dipped in bitterness. The months on his own had turned him into the shell of the man he was.

He lost his patience completely. "I am not going anywhere and if you are here to feed me bullshit just to try and get me to agree you might as well give up, I am having none of it," he hissed, his eyes dark.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Post by Mycroft Holmes Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 am

Mycroft sighed. It was clear that John was not going to play easily. "Doctor, There is more. My brother - is not dead. He is waiting for you in Italy."

((sorry if I blew the thread!))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 am

(( Lol, it's OK, just puts a different twist on things....it was gonna be pretty hard to convince John to go, short of knocking him unconscious and putting him on a plane. John is gonna be super angry at Sherlock now I reckon ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

John's whole body tensed at that.
    "What?"
    If this was a joke, it was rather cruel, even for Mycroft.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Post by Mycroft Holmes Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

Mycrofts eyes softened. "We couldn't tell you." He looked at John. "I know you think I'm lying - but believe me when I say I am not. Not about this."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am

John felt his whole world crumble, it was denial first, then hope, and then hurt. He had no idea if this was just a nightmare, one of those that had him wake up screaming.

"He lied..." he whispered, and buried his face in his hands. "What the hell are you doing to me Mycroft?" he snapped miserably.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Post by Mycroft Holmes Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 am

Mycroft softly touched John's shoulder. "It was the only way, John."

He sighed and retreated his hand. "Moriarty was going to kill you. You know that. Sherlock...Sherlock could not let that happen."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 am

"There are worse things one can lose than his life..." he hissed, slapping the other's hand as it moved closer.

"Just leave. Fucking leave. I want to be alone," he spat, wheeling himself towards his room. "I will be ready for leaving in a few hours."
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Post by Mycroft Holmes Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 am

Mycroft nodded. "Very well, Doctor. Be ready at five."

At precisely 5PM, Mycroft'S team was there to pick him up. The sat silently in the car, and silently in the plane.

Mycroft finally looked at John. "John...I am sorry you had to go through all this."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 am

John had been silent for long, his eyes unfocused, his thoughts raging and his heart bleeding. It was a nightmare, or a dream, he didn't know what to think.

One part of him wanted to be happy, happy Sherlock was alive, but there was that part that had learned not to want to live that was now filled with hurt, it was like a black hole eating at the few positive feelings he still had.

He looked at Mycroft when he spoke, but didn't even bother reply.
    He knew it would be insults anyway.
    He just settled back in his chair and waited.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Sherlock was quite excited, making the final preparations at his apartment and waiting for John's imminent arrival. He wasn't sure what to expect from his former flatmate. He had asked Mycroft not to tell him he was alive. He wanted it to be a surprise. But Mycroft had informed him John was proving to difficult to persuade, and that he had to be informed in order to convince him to fly out. It made Sherlock smile to think of John's stubborn nature and could imagine the scene quite clearly.

Soon John's plane would be touching down in Italy and a car would bring him to Sherlock's apartment. He even made the effort to tidy up and took the whole day off from his work to make the place look nice. Finally he sat down with a nice cold glass of lemonade and enjoyed the sun on his balcony but unable to relax, checking his phone every five minutes. He hoped John wasn't too annoyed about him having an apartment on the second floor, but not to worry, he'd have to learn to walk again anyway.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Sun May 06, 2012 10:38 am

((Should we go on or should we wait for Mycroft?))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sun May 06, 2012 7:06 pm

(( Um...we already did the bit on the plane so you could just go right ahead with John arriving at Sherlock's apartment if you like. I imagine he would get dropped off by some government car and just left there. ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 am

John's black mood didn't improve even though the sunny day that welcomed him once they landed in Italy. It was like stepping into another world, everything was bright, except John had to be wheeled around and had a big black hole in his chest.

He couldn't help but think it was all a trick.
    He had seen Sherlock fall to his death, he couldn't possibly be alive.
    Mycroft wouldn't lie about that though.

He looked at the building, noticed the stairs, how did they expect him to stay here, he had no idea.

At the moment Mycroft's men were dragging him up the steps with half curses and groans, making John fall silent in humiliation.
    He was hating everything of this, but especially, he hated himself.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 4:38 am

Sherlock was still waiting impatiently on the balcony when the car arrived. He ducked back out of view and watched as John was helped out. The dishevelled and slightly emaciated sight of his former flatmate was a shock and rather disturbing. What's more, he looked like he hadn't shaved for a couple of days. This was no good, he thought. He'd soon put everything right.

His heart pounding with excitement, Sherlock stood up and went inside the apartment. He could now hear Mycroft's men carrying John up the stairs and realised he was only moment's away from seeing his friend again. He stood in a prominent place so that Sherlock would be the first thing John saw when he wheeled himself into the room, then leaned casually against the wall with a big grin on his face.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon May 07, 2012 10:24 am

((Sherlock's such a showoff XDDD ))

John frowned when the men left him in front of a big oak door on the second floor. They didn't say anything, just pointed at the entrance and disappeared.
    He imagined he was supposed to let himself in.

He sat there for a long moment though, musing over what he was going to find inside.
    He had nothing to lose really, but he wasn't sure what to feel about the whole thing.
    He sighed, finally making his way inside, sweating a bit as he pushed the door and managed to slid in the airy sitting room.
    His heart stuttered in his chest when he saw Sherlock grin down at him.
    It was him.
    He was real.
    He was alive.
    The funeral, the call, it had all been fake.

His jaw clenched and his eyes hardened, and he couldn't bring himself to say anything, pushing the door closed, he settled his chair against it.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 am

Sherlock waited for some time, growing increasingly impatient. What was John doing? he wondered to himself. Just...sat there. Why wasn't he coming in? Come on!

Finally, the heavy oak door creaked and he saw the wheels of John's chair creeping round it as his hand reached out to push it open. Sherlock thought about rushing over to help him open the door but decided that would spoil the grand impression he was trying to make.

John closed the door behind him and stared. For a while they just stared at each other, not saying anything, then Sherlock's grin began to fade. He realised that John didn't exactly look very pleased to see him, and started to wonder what was the matter with him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon May 07, 2012 10:47 am

What's wrong.
    Of course Sherlock would ask such a silly question. The detective always so clueless about feelings!
    Maybe he didn't notice the wheelchair John was stuck in, or maybe he hadn't noticed the pain he had put John through with his fake death. Or maybe he hadn't thought about John's broken trust, the betrayal.
    As usual, Sherlock was completely oblivious.

"Why am I here?" he asked, his voice cold, his eyes just as distant. He didn't let himself be relieved by the knowledge Sherlock was alive.
    Because after all. John's life was over anyway.
    He couldn't help Sherlock while being unable to walk, the mere idea was preposterous.
    John gave Sherlock a few days before he'd send him home with an awkward goodbye.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Sherlock stood back from his casual position on the wall and approached John slowly with an expression of concern, awaiting his answer.

"Because I want you here," he replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Then he lowered his voice slightly and said, more seriously, "Mycroft told me you weren't doing so good. He said you'd stopped attending your physio. We've got to get you back on your feet again John. Quite literally I'm afraid."

He nodded with his eyes towards John's wheelchair.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon May 07, 2012 11:52 pm

"You want me here?" he snapped, his head turning to the side, he was scared of his own anger, it ran so deep he thought it'd tear him apart in a second. "What is it? You don't have anyone to make you tea here?"

"I stopped going because it was useless!" he continued, wheeling himself further into the apartment, looking around he could tell it was Sherlock's, Sherlock was all over this place and it sent a pang of nostalgia to his heart.

"You should just find yourself a new assistant, I am clearly finished," he muttered coldly, wondering whether Sherlock was going to send him back right away. He shouldn't get comfortable.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 am

Sherlock couldn't help but smile at John's stubborn, angry answers. Wow, he was really opinionated. Being in that wheelchair had obviously made him more bad tempered than he usually was.

"I've just made tea actually," he said, moving towards the kitchen area and motioning for John to come on through. "Just watch those documents on the floor there. I'm updating my dissertation on soil analysis."

In the kitchen Sherlock shoved aside a few dirty plates and managed to find a couple of relatively clean looking mugs. He started to make the tea for John and himself.

"It wouldn't have been useless if you kept going," he insisted. "And i don't want another assistant John. No one could possibly replace you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am