BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

5 posters

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent) - Page 7 Empty Re: I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 am

"That was all just part of the game John..." Sherlock insisted, hoping he sounded convincing enough. "I'm sorry if I disappointed you." He wiped his tears away with the back of his hand. Hearing the pain in John's voice was tearing his heart to pieces. He turned back and glanced at Moriarty, watching him from the shadows. One day he'd make him pay for all this hurt he was causing.

"Everything they're saying in the papers is true," he repeated again. Sherlock peered over the edge of the building. The height of it made him dizzy. God this better bloody work.

"I've...I've got to go now..." he stammered. "Goodbye John."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent) - Page 7 Empty Re: I won't kill you. (SherlockxMoriarty, violent)

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 am

"No, it's not, Sherlock!" he shouted in the phone. "Don't you dare-! No Sherlock!" he whimpered, his heart beating fast in his chest.
    Tears were starting to stream down his face.

This is not happening, this is not happening.

"Sherlock, no! I don't want to say goodbye!" he shook his head, trying to move the chair with his free hand, the nurse was keeping him back though and he glared back at her.
    "You promised Sherlock!"

Don't leave me!
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:28 am

Sherlock clicked off the phone and tossed it away. He couldn't bare to hear John's voice anymore...it just broke his heart and made it harder to do what he had to do. He was doing this for John. Someday he'd understand. His heart was pounding in his chest as his feet got dangerously close to the edge. He was nervous, scared. It was such a long way...He stretched out his arms, feeling the wind flapping against his coat....Please God let this work....Finally, Sherlock closed his eyes and leaned forward, allowing himself to topple over the edge.

(( NOOO!! Bring on the reunion already! *runs to corner to cry* ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

John threw the phone away, angry, desperate, his eyes never leaving Sherlock's frame.

He was shouting. He knew he was shouting Sherlock's name, he was pleading with God not to take him away.

He couldn't hear himself though, his ears were filled with noises of another world.

The shadow of his best friend fell, he could not stop it, it ripped through his consciousness and his heart.

His eyes filled with tears and he was trying hard to pull his chair towards where he had seen him fall.

"Let me go! He's my friend!" he shouted, punching the nurse's arm, the wheelchair jerked and he fell on the hard ground.

"Sherlock!" he shouted, as if his voice could bring him back.

((;_________; I need reunion now ;_________; ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Post by James Moriarty Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am

((OMG GUYS WHAT HAVE I DONE WHAT HAVE I DONE OMG OMG OMG -cries- ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm

(( You bastard! You should write something now though cause I'm gonna be "dead" for a bit, although I will do something about Molly & Mycroft helping me make my final escape ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:48 pm

((I should write something? Or Jim? You know you are not going to like what I will write about John, don't you?))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 pm

(( go for it! To say that John will be upset is probably a bit of an understatement ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 am

John didn't speak for a whole day after Sherlock died.

They had to sedate him to bring him back inside, and when he came to, for a second he could pretend it had all been a dream. A nightmare.

The nurses would talk kindly to him, Lestrade would ask him to get over it, John didn't even look at them.

When they sent the psychiatrist he said only one thing.
    "Piss off."

They were too scared to send another.

He spoke again only when Lestrade came to bring him Sherlock's clothes.

He left them on the bed beside John, folded and dry cleaned.

John couldn't even detect Sherlock's scent on them any more.
    And he died inside all over again.

He didn't really talk.
    He cried. Silently. Cooing Sherlock's name with a desperation that was eating at him. Fisting the fabric of the only thing that was left of Sherlock Holmes.

He was discharged from the hospital, he was moved to a flat on the first floor of a building with a lot of ramps.

John learned to move around with a wheelchair only so Lestrade would stop coming over to take care of him.

John was a strong man.
    He could adapt to live half alive.
    But he refused to do anything other than survive.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 am

(( *heartbroken* ))
    Anthea_MI6
    Anthea_MI6

Job : Personal Assistant to Mycroft Holmes
    Hobbies : Walking, sailing, travelling

Post by Anthea_MI6 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:59 am

((God fangirl tears again - sadists!))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:54 am

((John can't even go to the cemetery because it's not wheelchair accessible!! ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am

Sherlock Holmes was whisked through the hospital on an emergency trolley and taken downstairs in the lift to the staff car park, where a government car with blacked out windows was waiting to take him to the airport. He climbed into the back seat and rested his head back, physically and mentally exhausted by the whole experience. Just before the door was closed, a towel was handed to him by one of the "paramedics" who was actually a member of Sherlock's Homeless Network. He nodded his thanks, the door was closed and the car took off. He began to mop away the fake blood from his face and hair with the towel. It was a messy business and annoyingly some of it had dripped onto his coat. He didn't bother trying to wipe it up though. He knew he would have to leave his beloved coat and the rest of his clothes behind either to be placed on the body designated to be buried in Sherlock's grave or washed and given to John for a keepsake. Either way, once he'd arrived at the airport, a new set of clothes was handed to him by a government official and he quickly got changed in the toilet, handing over his old "bloodied" garments before boarding the private jet arranged by Mycroft due to fly him over to Europe.

It was only once he was on the flight did he actually have any time to himself, time to just sit and think, reflect about everything that had just happened, the implications of it all, what he would do next. And yet...all he could seem to think about was John. John would be fine, he told himself. He was an army man. He was strong. He was a survivor. He would cope. Within a few months he'd have forgotten all about him. The thought of John forgetting him wrenched at Sherlock's heart. He knew it wasn't true. Couldn't be true. John cared. John would always care. He began to wish he'd shown more of his true feelings, shown him that he cared too...John did know he cared, didn't he? Sherlock hoped so. But John would be fine. He was fine before he met Sherlock and he'd be fine afterwards. He bit his bottom lip, staring out of the window at the clouds, knowing that wasn't quite true. John /hadn't/ been fine before he'd met Sherlock, he'd been a bit of a mess if the truth be told. And now...now....Sherlock screwed up his eyes and tried to blank his mind. He needed his head to be free of emotions. Especially painful ones.

He had no idea how long he would stay away for. Long enough for people to forget the lies told about him in the press. Long enough for Mycroft to convince Lestrade his brother wasn't a criminal although somewhere deep down he knew Lestrade still believed in him. Certainly long enough for Moriarty to forget all about Sherlock, to forget all about John, to move on and find new games to play, new people to torment, new crimes to commit. Long enough for Sherlock to follow up on some of the leads provided by his brother...leads that indicated Moriarty's crime syndicate was still operating quite freely in many European countries. It was Sherlock's new job to investigate, undercover, and to bring the relevant parties to justice, either with the local police force, with the government or in some cases, his own form of rough justice would have to do. He had made a promise to himself to destroy every part of Moriarty's web, piece by piece, and he wouldn't rest until he had rid the world of Moriarty for good.

Within a few days he had settled into an apartment in Northern Italy, and was beginning to enjoy his undercover work, playing around with disguises, wigs, masks...it was like being back in Drama class at school. Except...things weren't quite so fun anymore. Sherlock constantly felt like there was something missing. Like a piece of him wasn't there. A dull aching in his chest, a sense of lethargy and despair. It was John. He missed John terribly. He'd got so used to having him around, having him helping on all his cases, having a joke and a laugh with him...now he wasn't here he felt...incomplete. It made him so frustrated and angry to think he'd allowed himself to become so weak, so reliant on another human being but....this was...well, this was John. John was different. He'd think of John every night when he got into bed. He'd think of John every morning when he woke up and no one was there to make the tea. He'd think of John when he was out in the field investigating, when there was no one to talk to, to run his ideas past, no one to say how bloody brilliant he was when he worked something out, no one...no one. Sherlock was lonely. He missed his John.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am

John hated himself.

He couldn't help feeling that if his leg had still been working he could have saved Sherlock.
    He knew it was not true.
    Sherlock always did whatever he wanted, regardless of what John thought.

But he still hated himself.

He didn't go back into work even after a few months.
    He really didn't think he could help anyone.
    He couldn't even bring himself to go to rehabilitation.
    What for?
    He'd never have cases to go to anyway.
    He'd never have to run after Sherlock any more.

He was not sure how, Mycroft had managed to set up a pension for him, it covered the rent of his new flat and the food the nurse that came around every day would force feed him with.

John really had no idea what to do with himself.
    He missed Sherlock. Everything that was Sherlock.

And every night he had nightmares of that whispered goodbye. Of those apologies.

He was starting to think that maybe he should just follow him.
    It was not proper, it was not right, but John didn't want anything any more.
    At least the pain would stop.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

As a rule, Sherlock generally ignored his brother's text messages. That didn't mean he didn't look at them. He just looked at them, then deleted them. Recently however, the messages had become a little harder to ignore. They were about John. If Sherlock was to believe what Mycroft was saying...it appeared his old flatmate wasn't doing too well.

He'd stopped going to work. He'd sunk into depression. He wasn't eating properly, wasn't sleeping properly, didn't want to talk to anyone or see anyone. He wouldn't even attend his rehabilitation classes to get out of that goddamn wheelchair. In short, he wasn't coping.

Sherlock kept deleting the messages without responding but the words he had read and the images they conjured up haunted him over the next couple of weeks. It was hard to concentrate, hard to think about anything else. To be honest, it was starting to effect his work, cloud his judgement. He kept telling himself it was too soon. It had only been 8 months...surely not long enough for everything to be settled.

The final straw was when he received a message informing him John had been contemplating suicide. That was it. This had to stop. Now. He had to do something. The pain of knowing his friend was hurting so badly wrenched Sherlock's heart in two. He had to do something.

It took him a couple of days of mulling it over before he decided on the best course of action. He picked up the phone and replied to Mycroft, asking him to arrange for John to be flown over to his apartment in Italy.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 am

((Should we have a Mycroft convince John to go to Italy? Or should I just move him vaguely in a scene where John is sent to Italy? >> ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

(( I'll ask our Mycroft to come and do it if you like ! ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm

(( Sure, if you prefer that, yes~ Do you want Mycroft to tell John Sherlock is alive? Or you want the surprise? And also, John won't be very willing, so Mycroft is probably going to have to force him eventually >> ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 pm

(( I just send Mycroft an email explaining and to keep it a secret from John until him and Sherlock are face to face, so yes John will take some persuading to go, like you said he might have to be tricked or forced into it ))
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 pm

((Okay, will wait for Mycroft's post then~~ ))
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Job : A minor position in the British Govenrment
    Hobbies : keeping track of my rogue brother, keeping the government intact, dating personal assistants, and baking.

Post by Mycroft Holmes Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 am

Mycroft showed up at John's flat the next day. He needed to do this for his brother. He saw from early on that Sherlock and John needed each other. He rapped on the door, as a courtesy, and then let himself in.

"John, It seems your government needs you. We have a need for a man with you - experience - at the consulate in Italy."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 am

John was in the kitchen trying to fix himself some tea, when he heard the sound of the door opening, he frowned, annoyed by the interruption and wheeled himself towards the door.
    Mycroft. God, he couldn't stand the man any more. He couldn't be reminded of the life he had before, it was already painful enough as it was.

"No one ever told you it's not nice to make fun of a cripple?" he muttered, shaking his head as he sat back on his wheelchair.

"My experience doesn't get me a place in a consulate, what on earth are you talking about?"
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Hobbies : keeping track of my rogue brother, keeping the government intact, dating personal assistants, and baking.

Post by Mycroft Holmes Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 am

Mycroft sat. "Ah, but it does. You see, not only do you have the best medical training in the country, you have also run with my Brother for three years. We need a man with nerves of steel."

He sighed. He wished he could tell John that Sherlock was alive and waiting forhim in Italy. Instead, he had to dance around the subject and cajole and plead.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 am

John looked at him disbelieving: "A man with nerves of steel in a wheelchair? Mycroft, what are you up to?" he asked, and looked outside the window.

"I am not particularly keen on leaving London anyway, and I am sure Italy is not very wheelchair accessible," he added, his tone rather flat.
    Mycroft Holmes
    Mycroft Holmes

Post by Mycroft Holmes Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 am

Mycroft smirked. "You know how the dregs of society work. You know his methods - and you have the heart. We need you, DR. Watson. The arrangements have already been made, and we fly out at 7 PM tonight."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am