BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger)

TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Job : Blogger
    Hobbies : Tea, jumpers, jam

The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger) Empty The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger)

Post by TheBlogger Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 am

Former Captain John Watson was fair haired, average height, had a pyschosomatic limp and a shoulder injury - John was a very normal Joe - whom nothing ever happeneed to.

Doctor John Watson was working in the Emergency Department at Guy's; he had been medically discharged from the British Army after an IED exploded near him - leaving him with a traumatic shoulder injury. So now it is Doctor Watson was working as an Accident and Emergency Registrar dealing with drunks, junkies and DIY accidents. He missed the buzz of it all.

Today he had three minors who needed either the dentist or their GP and a woman who was hypoglycemic - he sighed and finished his coffee and headed back into the bull-pen and took a few files to type up the discharge notes.

S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Job : Student
    Hobbies : Crime solving, the science of deduction, violin, chemistry.

The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger) Empty Re: The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger)

Post by S. Holmes Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:24 am

Sherlock had been fine, actually brilliant, until his interfering bastard of a neighbor had decided to call a bloody ambulance.

"Mr. Holmes. I'm calling. An ambulance." the short man crouched before him spoke so slowly it almost hurt.
    "I'm not deaf you imbecile..." Sherlock snapped back, well as much as a man who'd almost OD'ed on heroin could 'snap'. "And I don't need an amb- ambulance."

He'd taken a lot yes, apparently enough to fall unconscious- although he rather suspected this dim neighbor of his had mistaken that with drowsiness. Slumping back down to the floor Sherlock stared up at the cracking ceiling, breathing in and out ever so slowly and wondering if he could still recite the periodic table backwards.

He did like the periodic table, a lot, and if it was personified he suspected he'd rather want to befriend it. It was logical, precise, ever loyal, but refreshing mysterious all at the same time. Thankfully it seemed he could still recite it, and twenty-three periodic tables later his surveyor jumped up and rushed downstairs. The faint sound of a siren came from the street outside and Sherlock wondered why it hadn't driven past yet, before giving in to this crushing exhaustion and letting his eyelids flutter shut.

Ouch. He thought faintly, as a bright light was shone in his pupils, temporialy blinding him. In a daze he tried to shove the source of it away with his hands, but they seemed to heavy to move at that present moment so he let them fall back uselessly to his sides. He was still tripping no doubt, but at least it would last him through the ordeal of that grimy A and E they were hurtling towards. Finally the paramedic was done with their prodding and poking and resumed their conversation with the driver about how much they 'couldn't stand picking up junkies'.
    The next think Sherlock heard was his brothers name.
    "Mycroft, Mycroft Holmes?"
    Odd. That definitely wasn't his name, or was it?
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger) Empty Re: The Perfect Drug (S.Holmes/TheBlogger)

Post by TheBlogger Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 pm

John had been finishing some reports when a call for a heroin OD came in on the tannpy; he sighed. This is the part of the job he hated - picking up young adults with drug dependencies. He then stood and rolled his shoulder before heading into Resus.

"What have we got Mark?" John asked the paramedic; whom then briefed John, he then thanked him before approaching the young dark haired man. John placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Hi, my name is Doctor Watson. I am the registrar here today. Could you tell me what happened?" it was common procedure to ask the patient what the problem was.

John then asked the nurses what the biological measurements were - and they showed a characteristic heroin overdose. /Shit. Such a young man doing this to himself/ John shook his head and cleared his thoughts.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:30 am

Sherlock was once again roused from his sleep-like state by a man placing a heavy palm on his shoulder. He tried to wriggle away a little but to no avail.

"What happened?" he slurred, tongue working slower than his mind. "Did you not just say you were a 'doctor'? Surely it is obvious to any medical professional that I've spent the last few hours trying to blow my mind out with my favorite narcotic." Sherlock snapped, feeling any trace of euphoria drift away with every passing moment in this dismal place.
    He continued in a condescending tone, "And it may surprise you 'Doctor' Watson, that I wish to return to my residence and continue doing just that, so if you would kindly take this out-" Sherlock tried to sit up a little more, a fumbling hand moving to his left arm where a drip had just been fitted.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 am

John moaned internally, he disliked drug addicts with a vengence - he was not very tolerant of them either but it was his job. He sighed.

"Mr Holmes then, I understand your reluctance to co-operate. I have a no-nonsense manner and I believe you have been given naloxone which normally requires twelve hours observation. I will cut it down to six - if you will work with me." he stated with confidence.

John then smiled at the one of the nurses, who had a possible ID of the young man. "Ah, you are Sherlock Holmes not Mycroft. Shall I call him for you?"
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:40 am

Sherlock stopped his attempt to get the drip out of his arm in order to listen to the doctor. If he wasn't right there studying his face Sherlock would have allowed himself a little smile because this guy was actually pretty decent, if not completely naive. Trying to reason with an addict was in most cases beyond pointless, but the idea of cutting out 6 hours of misery was quite appealing and Sherlock couldn't help but feel that the last thing the doctor needed was a uncooperative patient.
    "Of course I will, Doctor." he flashed him a coy grin and sat back in the bed.
    "Indeed I am, and no! Do nothing of the sort unless your department wants a full scale inspection." he told him bluntly, reveling a little at the other mans confused expression. Sherlock did his best to sit still and not glare too much as nurses fussed around him and the doctor checked what he assumed was his notes.
    Sherlock grabbed the doctors arm just before he turned away again, "Will I be requiring anymore inverse agonists? Or will I be allowed to enjoy the remaining after effects of my two-hundred pound purchase in peace?" he asked, raising an eyebrow inquiringly.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 am

John smiled lightly at Sherlock, and tucked a piece of straggly hair behind the younger man's ear. "Fine, would you like a a coffee?" he questioned. John liked the younger man, and he thought about if he himself was younger, he could sympathise.

"Sherlock, I will keep the drip in with low level fluids but you have to cooperate with me. I am an easy person to get along with - only and only if you work with me." John then stiffled a yawn, the nightmares and the terrible sleeping arrangements he had were taking their toll on him.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am

Sherlock had to use all his remaining self-control to stop himself from shrinking away as he touched his hair. It was nice in hindsight, just a reassuring doctor-patient gesture; but that hadn't stopped the knee jerk reaction to move away at first. And then there was the offer of coffee and Sherlock began to wonder if he was this considerate to all his patients- surely it would be impossible, never mind exhausting.
    "Are you allowed to give me caffeine with the naloxone?" he asked with a smirk before adding, "Black, two sugars."

Sherlock eyed the drip suspiciously, wondering if it was really necessary. "You are." he agreed with the doctors statement about himself. As the doctor went off out of Resus he found himself starting to deduce him. Just for a bit of light entertainment to pass the grinding six hours he had to spend in this place.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:06 am

John smiled at the younger man with confidence and a reassuring nod; "The contraindications of caffiene and naxoloxone are very specific..you have had no cardiac history and dispite the dependency; you are generally fit and well. So you can have a coffee."

John then left and busied himself with making coffee and returning limping shortly after and passed him the mug and sat next to him. "Is that okay?" he questioned. John saw that Sherlock was deep in thought. "What you thinking about?"
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 am

Sherlock couldn't help but smirk a little at his doctor's reply to his half-hearted question. Propping himself up in the bed he watched him go off an fetch the coffee himself (surely had other patients to be seeing too?) and wondered why he was going out of his way to be so nice to him. Of all the things Sherlock had deduced about the medically discharged military doctor turned A and E Registrar; his obvious care and dedication towards him- the average OD'ed junkie- wasn't one of them. Maybe by some form of endorphin rush Sherlock became less of an insufferable bastard after getting high. Curious.
    "It is." he replied with a half-smile as the doctor handed him the mug, inspecting it's contents carefully before taking a sip. The next question surprised him a little. He'd barely been talked to in months and now suddenly someone wanted to know what was going on in the recesses of his mind.
    "I was pondering over one last deduction about you." he explained, trying not to give too much away and scare this doctor off, but failing all the same. The doctors face told him that it wasn't an adequate explanation so he decided to give up on the 'not pissing him off' lark (he'd never bothered to be polite to anyone before, why start now?) and dove straight in.
    "Iraq or Afghanistan?" he asked, locking the other mans tired eyes in a stare.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:23 am

John smiled a little warmer at the younger man, and contemplated what type of student he was and what he would be doing for a living. John shrugged his shoulders internally and gave a giggle. "Oh..Afghanistan..how did you know?"

Mentally checking that he did not have his dog tags on, he then gazed at Sherlock with curiousity.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:19 am

Sherlock reveled in the confusion in his gaze, but was surprised to see he wasn't the least bit annoyed, well so far. People normally reacted with such defensiveness when he deduced facts about them. In inhaled quickly before beginning his explanation.

"The limp, recently acquired as your not yet used to living around it, easy enough deduction from the awkward way you use that stick" he cast his eyes quickly to the crutch which was resting in the doctors hand.
    "You're new here, judging by that badge which has a recent photo and is in good condition, so you were discharged from the the military recently. And yes, military background; the way you hold yourself to attention, use last names to address your colleagues, bark you're orders." he took a quick breath, not letting his focus slide for a fraction,
    "Tanned face and hands; couldn't have been a holiday then; desert combat obviously. Only two places you could have recently been in front line combat; Iraq or Afghanistan." he finished triumphantly.
    Deducing when your coming down from a high seemed a lot more fluid somehow, his mind bending around the possibilities and filling in the gaps without him even being aware of it. He mentally braced himself a little for the reaction of shock followed by abuse that usually followed a personal deduction; not that it upset him to hear it, but more out of habit than anything else. But when he looked slowly at the other man he didn't see any of the usual anger or embarrassment in his expression.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am

John stood aghast and smiled at the young man and nodded. "Wow. That- that was amazing." He was calm, collected and not upset. "How the hell? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant." he added before sitting next to Sherlock.

"It was all correct - you should become a police officer or something like that." John glanced at the monitors to make sure that he was not gawping at the younger man, his thoughts then filled with Sherlock's mind set of doing the drugs.

"Why do you use cocaine and narcotics? You are bright enough to know better." he stated.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:08 am

Sherlock glanced across at the doctor as he felt his warm weight push down on the trolley bed beside him. He couldn't help but let the thin line of his mouth twitch up into a little smile over the doctors praise; most people hated it when he vocalized even an ounce of his intelligence. A long time ago he'd come to the conclusion that people felt threatened by his observations, see through and stupid (which they were), but this guy wasn't phased- or at least wasn't letting on- suggesting that he wasn't as average as he first appeared. Either that or he was coming onto Sherlock, it was a distinct possibility he'd found in the past (although going by his unwashed, unshaven appearance it was unlikely), or he was simply used to fountains of abuse from all the ungrateful junkies he must get. Sherlock would no doubt know by the time he got out of this place.

"Police officer." he scoffed, "Dull."

The next question came as a surprise. Of course he was bright enough to know the effects of drug abuse, he thought bitterly, but managed not to snap at the doctor.
    "I get bored." he stated, staring straight ahead across the re-sus room. "Very bored. he swallowed, suddenly aware that the heart rate monitor was displaying any changes in pulse.
    A short moment passed before Sherlock changed the subject quickly; "Any chance of getting my own cubicle?" he asked quietly , eyeing a patient who'd just started screaming hysterically in the bay next to him.

((sorry for the long wait!))
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 am

John watched the younger man curiously, taking all the body language from Sherlock - all of which showed a very intelligent young man - and John could see past the drug abuse. He smiled reassuringly and chucked at SHerlock's comment.

"Boredom can be cured in other ways - some a little unconventional however. Drugs are not the answer - we don't want that curious brain on yours damaged."

John carefully checked the monitor, and noted the response. He also noticed the psychosis patient and checked his bed chart. "Yes, we can move you to the dischage lounge - it's quiet in there and has a computer if you want. By the way, your brother is on his way in - local policy."

((It's fine))
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 am

Sherlock lent back in the pillows and rolled his eyes at the doctors response wearily. Of course there was cures for boredom of the ordinary mind, but his own was another matter entirely- not that he expected the Doctor to understand that though. He stifled a yawn as the other man checked the hysterical patient before coming back to his bedside.

He nodded in thanks at the news he could be moved, but the next piece of news came as an unwelcome shock.

"WHAT?" he almost roared, springing up from the pillows, hands in the air. "You contacted him! What the hell happened to patient confidentiality! I even explicitly asked you NOT to contact him!" Sherlock rose out of the bed, struggling to remove the various equipment attached to him. He felt any admiration or fondness to Doctor Watson rapidly drain out of him as he stood up to confront him properly.

"You idiot!" he shouted, sending flecks of spit down at his shocked face.
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

John impassively raised his hands to calm his patient, it was not himself that called his brother. "Sherlock, calm down. Please." The nurses came rushing in with a warning glance to John.

"Sherlock, listen. I did not call them, one of the new nurses did. I can mould the story if you want. Dehydration due to malnutrition. But you need to co-operate with me." he walked towards Sherlock with patience and calm exterior.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am

"I don't care if it was one of the 'new' nurses, this is ridiculous!" he continued to let his voice escalate despite the crowd they were gathering and the doctors attempts to calm him down. Suddenly a feeling of light headiness hit him and he sat back down rather abruptly, going back to trying to remove the damn drip to cover up his weakness. The short break in shouting gave him a second to consider what the doctor had offered.

"Sorry." he mumbled quickly, before starting a hushed explanation. "Although I'm grateful for your offer to cover this up, my brother isn't actually stupid. He knows more than he lets on; by which I mean he knows about the drugs. But he thinks I've been clean for 2 years. If he walks in here and you tell him it's dehydration or whatever he'll see straight through it."

He looked up at Watson's concerned face and felt a bit of anger bubble at his vulnerability, fate completely in the hands of a man who was practically a stranger.

"I need either a completely valid excuse to be here or I'll have to discharge myself."
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 am

John walked over with confidence and a medical edge. He recognised the needs in the younger man; "Do you have somewhere to stay the night safe? I could let you walk but you must promise me NO more drugs."

He then grabbed Sherlock's wrist, suddenly thinking of an idea. "You-you can stay in the doctor's lounge and come back with me. I don't want you to get in difficulties. How does that sound? he questioned, watching the younger man.
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 am

Sherlock stopped and studied the shorter mans face for a few moments, his options running through his head.

"My brother is likely to be on his way here and probably has sent someone else over to my flat who will be reporting back to him now..." he realised out loud that hoping Mycroft wouldn't find out about this was looking more impossibly by the second.
    He cursed himself inwardly for being so slow at figuring this out, his mind was still groggy from the heroin and the shouting. The only option apart from facing Mycroft, which would inevitably take place in sometime in the next quarter of an hour, was to hide out the doctor's lounge. And he really didn't want to take up the former option, at least not when his face still bore the signs of his bodies abuse.

Biting his lip and trying not to look too sheepish he took up the doctors offer.
    "Um, yes, that would work." and offered a small smile in way of coercion, just encase Dr. Watson had changed his mind in the last few moments and detracted his generosity. "Thank you." Sherlock added quickly.

((I am actually still alive although activity on here would suggest otherwise :/ As far as the plot, where is this going? shall we bring mycroft in or do you have other ideas? and after this whole hospital bit, how will they continue to see each other?))
    TheBlogger
    TheBlogger

Post by TheBlogger Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:50 am

John smiled warmly at the Sherlock and shook his head mentally - he had never taken a patient home before - what was so special about this one. "Come with me..make coffee or something - there are some pathology books." he then checked his watch.

"I should be finished soon, barring any emergencies. Can I trust you not to do anything stupid?" he questioned sincerely. Before helping Sherlock off the bed and into the lounge.

Soon after John returned Mycroft Holmes had come in raging and looking for his younger brother - John explained that Sherlock had signed out against medical advice, the elder Holmes was very displease and bode thanks to John before leaving in a huff. Watson head back to the lounge and leant against the wall and sighed. "Fuck."

((Was thinking that Sherlock comes to stay and maybe breaks John's trust and gets drugs...ig argument etc))
    S. Holmes
    S. Holmes

Post by S. Holmes Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 am

Sherlock stretched out across the chairs in the doctors lounge, flicking through a few of the pathology books Dr. Watson had directed him too. He wondered how the doctor had known he would find pathology perfect for light reading, but then again the man was becoming more mysterious to him the longer he stayed in this place.
    A text alert on his phone (somehow it had survived his unconsciousness and journey in the ambulance without coming out of his suit trouser pocket) roused him from his reading.

I am contacting to inform you that you will no longer receive any of the money in mother's will which was left for you. It is advisable not to attempt to gain access to the money again on legal standings as my lawyer will surely combat any argument you throw at him. Unless you are willing to prove you are competent to spend the money wisely, you will be cut off from all funding. Please don't make me take this further brother.-MH

"Idiot." he cursed under his breath. Normally such a threat from his brother would cause a little amusement, at least his plan of counter attack would give his mind something to focus on for a few hours. But this was different. He'd gone too far with his controlling and insufferable ways this time. Before Sherlock allowed his rage to take over he ironed out his expression and tried to think logically.

Rising up to the legal challenge would, unfortunately, be futile, as everyone knew that Mycroft practically ran the country, and a few tweaks of his mothers will would be almost child's play for him. Apart from retaliation there was only really two other options. Admit defeat and attend whatever rehabilitation program his brother had no doubt already set up for him, or survive on his own, without the money.

Only one option was really possible though. He couldn't surrender not now. He could survive without the money though, get a job maybe. He had a PhD in Chemistry for godsakes, he should be able to do something.

However, Sherlock's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the sound of the very obviously disgruntled Doctor returning. He watched him out of the corner of his eyes as he slumped against the wall.
    "Bastard isn't he?" he stated plainly after a few moments. To Sherlock's surprise the Doctor actually seemed amused, and the smile that lit up his face was infectious and within a moment Sherlock was laughing, properly laughing, like he hadn't done in ages, as if this whole ridiculous situation hadn't just happened.

The laughing subsided and he took a few deep breaths before laying back down on the chairs with a soft thud.

"He's cut me off, John."

((ahh that sounds good yeah. I kind of pushed the boat out a bit with this one so if you didn't like it or any details etc. please say and i can edit it Smile ))
    Sherlock-Alexander-Holmes
    Sherlock-Alexander-Holmes

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Shooting walls, deducing crimes

Post by Sherlock-Alexander-Holmes Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 am

((I can be mycroft I you ever need so!))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 pm