BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

2 posters

Smarter than you.

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

Smarter than you. Empty Smarter than you.

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 am

A strange smell of rusty iron and dust starter to penetrate Jim's nose. A few moments later his eyelids started to flutter, letting through only a little amount of light present in the room he was in. The room he was in?

Jim became aware of the fact that he was no longer in his own living room. Slowly his senses one by one starter to function again. By then he became painfully aware of the fact he wasn't able to move. Hands tied to the hard wooden chair he was kept on. For a moment he tried to struggle against it but gave up as soon as he started to feel his wrists burn from the friction.

A throbbing pain shot from his elbow area and Jim glanced at it. Of course, he had been drugged. He tried to see if he could spot anyone at all. So far it seemed as if he were alone. "Hello?" He shouted carefully. He wasn't one to panic quickly in these kind of situations, though his increased heartbeat was undeniable.

"Anybody there?"
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Smarter than you. Empty Re: Smarter than you.

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am

Sherlock was watching from a monitor in the next room, the whole building courtesy of a few friends he had made in a not so nice part of town.
    Friends. Sherlock didn't have friends.
    They were all just people he manipulated because he needed things from them.
    Like for example a room where he could keep the most dangerous man on this earth.

He hadn't imagined him to be so young.
    The man was probably his age, fit, and oddly handsome.
    There was a dangerous flicker in the other's eyes, but that was something Sherlock really wanted to explore.

This man alone had been able to give Sherlock entertainment for months.
    He should thank him.
    Even though it wouldn't be exactly proper now, would it?

He smirked when he saw James Moriarty stir, and he stood up, straightening his jacket and walking smugly to the other room.

"Good morning," he said simply, circling his prisoner as if he was closing in on a prey.
    He couldn't help the sense of victory that was spreading in his chest.
    He had him exactly where he wanted him.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am

Jim tried to glance over his shoulder, trying to see where those footsteps were coming from. A tall dark figure started to appear.

"Who are you?" He hissed. Every time the man crossed his eyes he took in more information. Dark curling hair, Sharp cheekbones, fairly young, handsome... definitively handsome, up to more than just talking...
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

Sherlock's lips were still curled in a smirk as they took in the other's appearance, blow to the head, drugs, asleep for 1 hour, quick sandwich for lunch, well his homeless friends had done a good job as usual.
    He had trained them well.

His eyebrow rose a bit when the other asked him who he was.
    "You don't know?" he asked before he could stop himself, and then he laughed. "Of course you don't know... I left clues... but maybe I was too subtle?"

He moved quickly towards the blocked out window, almost twirling on his feet in excitement.
    "Perhaps I overestimated you."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 am

"Oh of course. Of course." He said softly to himself, just staring in awe(*) .
    Then a grin formed on his face as well. "You're the one attempting to take my network down. It's you." He nodded. How could he have missed it?

His eyes now back fixed on the man in front of him, narrowing them slightly. He wondered if this was just going to be pure torture to get some valuable information, or this man was actually trying to take him down completely. Jim being his last move.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Sherlock turned to him unimpressed. "I made sure you were going to notice something was going on," he muttered, and his eyes glinted slightly. "I think it's more fun that way, am I wrong? Being all secretive about it just makes everything feel like an old boring 9 to 5 job."

He moved to walk around him again. "You haven't found out my name, I imagine... names can be very powerful..." he slid his finger along the other's shoulders. "I had no idea you were so young... James, you don't mind me using your first name, do you?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 pm

jim wasn't going to let this man intimidate him. He was just as powerful, he figured. Even though he was tied to a chair and was in fact rather helpless. But if you can't take the enemy down, confuse them!

"Boring indeed. Just like you, it seems." He replied, very calm. His eyes dancing all over the place, taking in every little detail.

"Names are nothing when people get the wrong image." He grinned. "And oh, reputations are so vulnerable, aren't they... Sherlock Holmes?"
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Sherlock was hardly able to disguise his whimper of joy when James said his name, he leaned on the other man, putting one hand on each armrest.
    "I knew you wouldn't disappoint me, it's a pleasure to meet you, James," he said, his eyes gleaming mischevous.

"Boring? That's very hurtful of you to say..." he said, standing back up. "I don't mind too much though... I might be boring, but the most important thing is that I am not bored... and you will help me a great deal with that..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 12:55 pm

"Oh, the pleasure is mine oh mine." He replied, as if it was he who arranged all of this. He didn't move, neither did he blinked once when Sherlock came in leaning closer. The grin kept on his face the whole time.

"Honey, I'm not here for your entertainment." He pointed out, slowly shaking his head. "If there's one person who'll be entertained by the end of this, it'll be me." He frowned, licking his dry lips.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Sherlock couldn't help the chill running up his spine as Jim addressed him so boldly. It was sexy, it was insane.
    "Oh, if I know you well enough, I am sure you will be very entertained by the end of this... maybe not so happy, and not so much unharmed, but thoroughly entertained no doubt."

"Are you waiting for your snipers? You think they will come to save you?" he asked, tapping his lips thoughtful, he paced around him one last time just for good measure.

"Sebastian Moran... he is such a dimwit... but oh so adorable... just like a pet, I wish I had one for myself..." he said then, his voice dripping lower.

"I will send him back to you in pieces, would you like that?" he asked with a smirk.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 1:17 pm

"I'm not waiting for snipers at all, handsome. I am waiting for you to stop boring me." His voice was monotonous, hiding every bit of emotion. This man was good at was he did, but Jim needed to be as good to overcome this. He could do this.

At the mention of Seb's name his heart jumped in his chest and his finger gripped around the rope that kept his tight. "What do you want?" he eventually asked. "Beside entertainment."
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

"Just entertainment," he replied honestly, he took out a chair and sat on it elegantly, crossing his long legs as he looked at the other man. "I could try to destroy your organization for good... I could ask you for information... I could destroy you... but really... what's the point? I was never one for charity."

He tapped his fingers on the table for a moment. "I would like to see when your organization will realize I am behind the orders they think you are giving out..." he added, and grimaced a bit.
    "People are so stupid... and really, the only loyal one you have is that Moran chap... sad, really."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Something inside Jim snapped. Sherlock was giving out orders in his name? With a strong tug he tried to release himself from the ropes, in vain. "Bastard." He hissed, loosing his temper for a slight moment.

Then he cleared his throat. He shouldn't grant Sherlock this kind of entertainment. As he remained as cold as possible to detective would get bored. Anyone could get the kind of information he'd got now. He didn't knew anything more then the obvious. At least that's what Jim thought.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Sherlock looked at him amused at the outburst. "Don't worry. I am doing a good job. Just like the real one," he said, and placed his hands on the other man's shoulders from behind. "Have you ever thought there could be anyone who could do your job just as well?" he asked, leaning towards his ear.

"I was losing hope, I have to admit..." he muttered, his voice dropping low once again. "I thought there were only dull people in this world... but then I found you!" he squeezed his shoulders. "Can you even imagine how happy I was?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Jim closed his eyes at the touch and lowered voice. This man sure knew how to intimidate and jim liked it. Well, he didn't like the fact it was used on him.

"Great way of showing your happiness. I must say." He spoke, not even trying to look around at Sherlock. "We could have teamed up, do great thing together." He then lowered this voice as well, through clenched teeth he continued: "Bring this world to it's knees." Clearly that's what the detective wants; power.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 pm

"I know it's a bit unorthodox, but I was so overwhelmed when I discovered there was only one of you, that I had to meet you..." he said with a grin. "I am your biggest fan you know," he whispered, still massaging his shoulders.
    God, he loved feeling the other's warmth through his clothes.

"Mind you, it took me a while... you are good after all. You know when researching facts, there is always 'what happened', versus 'what people think happened'," he explained, letting go of his shoulders and swirling in front of him.

"Sometimes it coincides, sometimes it's kilometres apart... I can usually tell... it's my job," he muttered, and looked at him, his eyes filled with admiration and respect. "For you, it's always apart... no one who knows you has any idea of who you really are... pitied orphan, graduated on top of the class, great job, you are SO BRIGHT that people are blinded and never know what actually happens under their nose!"

He stepped back. "I was never able to do that... oh, I can act... but then I get tired... and people end up seeing me for who I am... cold and uninterested..."

He waved the other's suggestion off. "Is that why you do it? What's the point in having power and money? You end up having a lot to lose... I am not interested... I am still looking... there must be something..." he mumbled under his breath. He was in search of a purpose, but still he could not see it, he could not find it.

((Oh my, I just had an idea, what if Sherlock did have John? But John died during one of the cases to save him? So now he is bitter about it? No love, just friendship, but still, would give him a reason to turn evil >> Nothing to do with Moriarty though >> ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 am

Jim was overwhelmed by the bits of information thrown his way. Sherlock knew more then he initially thought. He nodded in agreement. There wasn't even a point in denying the words this bright man was telling him, one by one they were the simple truth.

"You of course do know what's happening?" It was more a rhetorical question then anything, but he just felt the need to blur that out.

Jim slowly started to realize what was going on. This wasn't about ruling the world or bringing empires to its knees. This was about staying satisfied, staying sane. The constant need for distraction in order to make live bearable.

"I doubt you'll find anything lurking around here." He said sharp. He was getting rather annoyed with this other person playing him around. He couldn't find the a way to lie a finger on him and it bothered his impatient self.

((Oh! Seems like a good idea! It makes sense on why he is so unattached and bitter! Plus it gives something to talk about later. And perhaps it might wake up the need to kill Sebastian if we get stuck at some point and don't know what to do. Jealousy, Jim still having his right hand while John is no longer there. Just an idea, though. And surely not something to do anytime soon now. ))
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed May 09, 2012 2:43 am

(( ahah poor Seb XD but yes, sounds about right ))

Sherlock's eyebrow rose at James words. "The truth is slippery at times, but I do know who you are, and I know what you have done," he said, grey eyes were alive and restless. "It isn't much of a secret really, but people just don't care enough to look..."

He laughed a bit, "Don't be so bloody negative, I found /you/ after all..." He muttered, taking his chair and placing it in front of where Jim was tied up. "I would have thought you'd be flattered at least... But it seems losing the upper hand is too much for you, is it so?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 am

Jim frowned back at Sherlock. His information was secret! The way he put it made it sound as if he published some book about his personal life, for everyone to read. It made him realize how easily the person in front of his could see through all his walls. No need to try and hide things, no need to try and trick this man.

"Oh but I am flattered, honey." He grinned. "I wouldn't want anyone else to tie me up to a chair in an abandoned warehouse." His tone was both sarcastic and serious. In some way he meant was he was saying. "Besides, I hardly doubt there's anyone as...Handsome...clever..brilliant.. As you are." Perhaps praising him would help the situation?
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 am

Sherlock's eyes widened for a moment. Well, he wasn't so sure how to react to that, only one person had ever complimented him seriously, the only person Sherlock had ever cared about.
    He is gone now though.
    So are the compliments.

And Jim was the best of his kind. A first class manipulator, he probably knew that was how to catch Sherlock's interest in the first place.
    "I am sensitive to praises, good deduction," he said, and leaned back on his chair.

He looked at the other man, stared really, silent and thoughtful.

He sat up then, suddenly.
    "It is a bit of a problem that you are this handsome, James... I did not expect that... with that accent of yours... the compliments are like music to my ears..."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 am

Jim narrowed his eyes, staring at the dark haired man in front of him. A grin spread on his face as Sherlock confessed his weakness.

"Oh. I didn't knew you were sensitive to it. Thanks for letting me know though, how utterly kind of you." he replied, his voice as deep as possible.

Jim frowned, it was a problem he was handsome?

"I don't see the problem in that." He whispered provokingly.

"But I can't deny, Sherlock. You're very handsome yourself."

Flirting seemed to work, so flirting it would be!
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Wed May 09, 2012 10:19 am

The deep voice made something stir in Sherlock's loins and he blushed before he could stop himself. He stood up quickly, and pushed the chair to the side.
    "I am not... accustomed to... flirting..." he admitted, it wasn't difficult to see that Sherlock was a lonely bitter man.

"It is no doubt entertaining..." he said, his hands coming up to touch his lips. But a bit scary, he added in his head. There was this need to flee, now.
    He needed to be strong though, this was his game, and he wasn't going to let Moriarty ruin it.

"Have you always been like this? Or did it change after you killed your parents?" he asked, his eyes sparkled as he turned to him, he wanted to know, he wanted to know everything.
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 10, 2012 6:42 am

Jim's grin slowly faded. "Oh how clever, how clever of you. Changing the subject when you feel the heat touching your soles." He only lifted one corner of his lips slightly. This was rather obvious, Sherlock didn't like getting overpowered.

The mood did changed dramatically when Sherlock mentioned Jim's parents. How did he know? Jim had never told anybody and the case was, at least, 10 years closed now. "Why would you be interested in that? Besides, if you're as clever as you make me believe, I assume you have your own theory about it. Why don't you go ahead? I'll tell you whether you're right or wrong?" His voice was still deep, this could be the moment for Sherlock to prove how good he was, even though he had nothing to prove and could easily reject Jim on this. Jim just took it he likes to show off.
    Sherlock Phoenix
    Sherlock Phoenix

Post by Sherlock Phoenix Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 am

Jim was right. Sherlock loved to show off. And honestly, he didn't have anyone to show off to any more.
    He longed to show off.

"The facts are clear, the facts can be read only in one way," he said nervously, he was like a spring, moving from one side of the room to the other, his enthusiasm as clear as that of a kid.

"But feelings. Reasons. Personalities. Those can be very changeable. And my dear Jim, you are the most changeable of all," his eyes unfocused, going back to the house he had inspected.

"Your dad was first. Blood on the tapestry, 15 centimetres from the floor. He was 6 feet tall," he mimicked the killing technique. "Blow to the head with a bottle. He was taller than you, you had to climb on a chair. It was premeditated. He was coming to get you, you needed to strike first," he explained quickly.

"Your mum was unexpected. She was supposed to be at work. She was yelling, the autopsy described lesions in her throat," he tapped his lips, all the details coming back to him. "You hit her to make her shut up. She fell on her knees. Scratched knees. She had blood from her nose, drops on the carpet. You strangled her," he conclused, finally blinking and focusing on reality again.

"Then you tied them to a chair and made the jewelry disappear, made it all look like a robbery, quite convenient considering the gang that was terrorizing the neighborhood in those days..." he leaned closer to him.

"People never want to believe a kid would do something like that. You didn't have to lie. But anyone with a brain would have known just by reading the autopsy and visiting the crime scene."
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 am

Jim said staring amazed by how much Sherlock discovered just by one simple look. He nodded with a slight smile every time he got another fact straight.

"Just so." He said eventually, not wanting to interrupt Sherlock during his speech. Jim felt the heat radiating from his face. What had happened along the way? Sherlock could speak those words in such a way, with that deep low voice, it would send shivers down Jim's spine.

Though, he tried to fight it off, there was no way around it. He could feel his erection poking against the fabric of his suit's trousers. This was not good, not good at all! Jim needed to focus but god those cheekbones and that long pale neck were so distracting.

"That was just utterly sexy." He blurred out as well, this wasn't his mind speaking anymore. He was amazing by what this other man was able to do just by using intelligence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am