BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

It's showtime.

James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Job : Consulting Criminal

It's showtime. - Page 2 Empty Re: It's showtime.

Post by James Moriarty Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 am

"Of course. Just asking you over would have been awfully boring. You wouldn't take it." He did not step back, but kept his eyes restless on Sherlock's. Moriarty took a few steps back until he was next to John again.

"Well..." He started, brushing his hands over John's cheek. "I am not going to do anything to him. Could not afford getting my suit dirty." He explaining, retrieving his hand from the doctor's skin.

"What is it all for?" He pretended he needed to think about that, placing his balled hand under his chin. "Fun." He then replied sharp.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : Solving crimes, performing experiments, playing violin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 pm

As Moriarty stepped back again, Sherlock took another step forward. Just one. He didn't want to get too close. Didn't want to push the other man too far. He couldn't risk it. After all, he was clearly a psychopath of some sorts.

He watched as Moriarty touched John's face and noticed his suit was indeed exceptionally clean. "Well if you're not going to anything to him, let him go," Sherlock said simply.

"Fun?" Sherlock repeated. This man really was insane, he thought. Worse than him. Of course, he understood that he wasn't the only person in the world who got bored but he would never go as far as actually killing people for sport. "But...people have died..."

(( sorry, couldn't resist. XD ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Sun May 06, 2012 11:02 pm

"That's what people DO" james yelled in replied. His echo filled the room in the next few seconds. He could see both Sherlock's and John's surprised face. Oh, how he loved seeing those puzzled looks on any sudden change of events.

"Oh no no, Sherlock dear, don't be obvious." While shaking his head he gazed at John once more. "/I/ don't like getting my hands dirty. /others/ do. And what about you, Sherlock?" His voice now lowered dramatically. The devilish grin on his face slowly faded. "Do you like getting dirty?"

((Haha! I love using the line " that's what people do". so xD ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 am

Sherlock jumped slightly as Moriarty's loud voice reverberated around the large room. The man was clearly quite insane. He made eye contact with John just to reassure him.

He scanned his eyes around the gym studying every dark corner and crevice. There must be other people here, he realised, people who /would/ be willing to get their hands dirty.

"Do I like getting dirty?" He repeated questioningly. "What exactly do you mean by that?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 1:07 am

James kept his smile steady on his face. His eyes flickered with joy and amusement. Slowly he nodded towards Sherlock letting him know he was on the right path. There were at least 2 other people in there with them.

He rolled his eyes, as if the answer to the question had been written just above his head. "Well, the rope isn't going to cut itself, Obviously."

Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 am

Sherlock nodded slowly, understanding the situation fully. Moriarty must have some kind of marksman, sniper, possibly more than one, just ready to shoot the rope at a moment's notice and have the weights crashing down onto John.

"Elegant," he admitted. "I suppose asking you to let him go wouldn't work?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 am

"Thank you." James said now in a serious voice. They had played around enough and it was time to get down to business. "Oh, you want me to let him go?" He frowned towards Sherlock. "How adooorable." he said as he moved away from John and stepped back to the detective.

"Well go on then." He said, gesturing his hands towards John. "Don't wait for me to change my mind." he grinned.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 3:37 am

Sherlock took a couple of hurried steps towards John then paused, unsure. Why would Moriarty just let him go? It didn't make sense. Surely this was a trick, one of his little games.

Cautiously he approached John, keeping his eyes on Moriarty. He crouched down beside him, half expecting something to happen. But nothing did. He quickly undid John's ties and dragged him away from underneath the weight, before Moriarty could change his mind.

After establishing his friend was OK, Sherlock got to his feet and eyed Moriarty suspiciously.

"Why? Why would you do that?" He asked. "What's your game?"
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 am

(( Hey eh I was thinking, John needs to kill himself at some point, right? Could we have that happen now? Or should we do it a bit later on? ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 4:04 am

(( Yeah, Moriarty needs to force John to kill himself some how. Are we actually killing him for real or is it a fake death?!! I think we should build it up a little bit first but it's up to you really as I don't know how you've planned to do it ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 4:15 am

(( Yeaa haha I haven't planned how to either. But I'll figure something out. Very Happy I think he might be faking his death somehow, leaving the option for returning open once our story might get stuck. ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 am

James shrugged and stepped a bit further away from the both of them. "You insisted." He grinned, as if that was the actual reason he had done so. "I don't want to rush things." He spoke reassuring.

Arrogantly he stuck his hand in his pocket, getting out his phone. "Oh, time passes by sooooo quick when you're having fun."James narrowed his eyes, locking them on Sherlock's. "One more thing, Sherlock. Keep your little pet leashed." He nodded in John's direction.

"Ciao." He muttered as he turned on his heels and started to walk away, whistling some happy tune.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 4:24 am

(( Should we bring in John for a bit then? ))
    James Moriarty
    James Moriarty

Post by James Moriarty Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 am

(( I think that would be a good idea, yes. ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 pm

"My pet?" Sherlock asked incredulously, realising he was somehow referring to John. He was just about to reply that John wasn't his pet but Moriarty said his goodbyes and simply walked away, leaving the two of them quite surprised.

For a moment Sherlock just stood there, unwilling to believe that Moriarty would just walk away and leave them. Why would he go to all that trouble of killing all those people, leaving all those riddles, kidnapping John and leading him here, just to let them go? It didn't make sense. There was something going on here. Something else. Something bigger. Sherlock just couldn't put his finger on it.

He dropped to his knees by John and placed a hand on his friend's arm. Apart from a few bruises where he'd clearly struggled against Moriarty's men at the initial kidnap, he was unharmed, although quite shocked and shaken up. Sherlock offered out a hand to help him to sit up.

"You OK?" he asked.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 am

John didn't move for a long time, it wasn't just the adrenaline of the moment, nor the fact that he could have been easily killed, it was the fear that had seized his heart for moments that seemed to last forever.
    Sherlock had been in danger.
    He had been in danger.
    And what Moriarty had told him still swirled in his head.

It had all been a show.
    Just for Sherlock.
    To distract him from what was really going to happen.
    Moriarty was going to burn his heart out.
    And he reckoned he was Sherlock's heart.

Shaky hands finally moved to take off his gag, he took Sherlock's hand to stand up, feeling his blood rush to his head.
    "I am sorry, Sherlock... he took me on my way home... I wasn't paying attention..." he admitted, even though he wasn't completely there.
    He was worried, and utterly terrified.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed May 09, 2012 6:46 pm

"It's OK," Sherlock muttered, as he helped him to his feet. "Just glad you're all right."

After seeing that John was able to stand without assistance, Sherlock temporarily left him to run around the rest of the warehouse checking every corner and dark spot to ensure that Moriarty had indeed gone. He found a door near the back and opened it. It lead outside onto an alley away and he supposed that this was the way Moriarty had come, most likely into a waiting car.

Satisfied that they were now the only people in the building, Sherlock returned to John's side and gave him a brief smile.
    "Baker Street?" he asked.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 pm

John's eyes followed Sherlock for a long moment, but then he was lost in his thoughts again.
    He had to protect Sherlock.
    And this man, this Moriarty was too powerful for them, too untouchable.
    John knew he had too much to lose if he even tried to fight.

He started when Sherlock came back at his side, nodding a bit at the mention of home.
    The remaining question was only one.
    How long did he have?
    One day or one month? One hour or one year?

He couldn't help but grab Sherlock's wrist as they moved to the cab, clinging to his arm just slightly as they walked.
    He needed to know he was doing it for something real.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Sherlock felt John grasp onto his arm as they jumped into the taxi, and in response he moved his other hand to place on top of John's. It was only natural that his friend should feel nervous after his recent experience. They sat back and Sherlock directed the cab back to Baker Street. He turned to John and smiled, squeezing his hand.

"You'll be all right now," he assured him. "I won't let him hurt you."

As the taxi rode through London, Sherlock contemplated the last 24 hours and wondered what Moriarty would be up to next. One thing was clear, the games were only just beginning, and Sherlock would have to be on his guard.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 am

John looked at Sherlock's face as he talked, the touch of his hand making his heart clench in a death grip.
    Sherlock never really touched him, he wasn't one for this kind of things, but when he did, it was always special, it was always for a good reason.
    And now it was comforting, reassuring, and it filled John's chest with resolution.

No... I will be the one to make sure he doesn't hurt you...

((I think reverse RBF might be even more heartbreaking than the actual RBF ¬_¬ ))
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 am

Back at Baker Street, Sherlock insisted that John sit down whilst he made a cup of tea for them both. His friend had seemed distracted on the journey home and he was worried that his experience had had a bad psychological effect on him.

Sherlock sat down in the opposite armchair with an expression of concern on his face.
    "Are you sure you're all right? I think you should take the day off work tomorrow..."
    His phone beeped in his pocket and he took it out. It was a message from Lestrade, wanting his opinion on the bodies found today. He text back one word - 'Moriarty', then replaced the phone.
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am

There was clearly something that bothered John, but that didn't mean that he could talk about it.
    He knew Sherlock would interfere, and he couldn't allow that.
    His friend would maybe find a way to solve this, but he knew he needed to buy time.

"He tortured me," he confessed simply, touching his wrists nervously, it was where he had been tied up.
    All the bruises were under his clothes, but he could still feel them burn against his skin.

"Yes... I will probably take a few days off..." he added, bowing his head a bit, not even noticing the cup of tea.
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Sherlock leapt off the armchair and dropped to his knees in front of John, taking his friend's hands in his. He hadn't realised the full extent of what had gone on.

There were no obvious marks on John's face so it must have been on his body, he reasoned, underneath his clothes. He was convinced Moriarty had done that on purpose so Sherlock wouldn't be aware of the injuries immediately. He could feel anger and rage begin to pool inside his chest.

"I'm going to kill him..." he muttered eventually, standing up and beginning to pace, his mind trying to work out some sort of plan. "I'm going to bloody kill him. Painfully. And slowly. I'm going to make him suffer."
    John Watson MD
    John Watson MD

Post by John Watson MD Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 am

John's heart clenched painfully in his chest when Sherlock knelt in front of him, his hands so delicate as they touched his.
    There were a few bruises that still stung on his back, he was sure he was bleeding a bit.
    But there was something else he needed to say.

"Promise you will do it..." he muttered, his voice low.

"Whatever happens Sherlock... promise me you will kill him... don't wait around, don't give him time to use the power he has... just kill him..." he added, his hands shaking as he folded them over himself.
    "I don't care for torture, I want him dead, quickly."

Last edited by John Watson MD on Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes
    Admin

Post by Sherlock Holmes Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am

Sherlock stopped pacing at John's menacing words. He was quite surprised at the reaction of his flatmate, normally so moralistic but now encouraging him to kill. It made him all the more determined. Moriarty must have done something pretty bad to make John feel so angry and bitter.

Sherlock dropped down to his knees again at his friend's side and looked up into his eyes.
    "I promise..." he said sincerely, then began to fiddle at John's jumper. "Now where did he hurt you? Show me...we've got a first aid kit...."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am