BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

3 posters

Ghost Whisperer

Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes
    Job : Mystrader & professional mischief-maker
    Hobbies : Thinking various alternative scenarios, exploring possibilities.

Ghost Whisperer Empty Ghost Whisperer

Post by Night Baron Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Something that I came up yesterday. What if at least one of SHERLOCK characters can see ghosts and spirits? My primary candidate is Greg Lestrade but feels free to toss different idea.
    thearchenemy
    thearchenemy

Ghost Whisperer Empty Re: Ghost Whisperer

Post by thearchenemy Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:39 am

I think it would be very interesting to have John see them too.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Location : Everywhere looking for a Greg Lestrade who can stand their ground / not immediately cowed by Mycroft 'I am just a minor official' Holmes

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:47 am

Your reason for it?
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Job : Published children's author (no, really!), and part-time graphic novellist
    Hobbies : Causing trouble, Writing short stories, and non slash fanfiction. Also, gaming.

Ghost Whisperer Empty :D hi

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:49 am

I like the lestrade idea personally. But if you wanted to go a funny path wouldn't it be hilarious if ANDERSON could see spirits? I mean, and nobody would believe him.
    Maybe that's just a dumb idea, but I think it's funny.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:57 am

Smile If it is Anderson then given his psychological profile, there is a big possibility that instead of become a forensics officer he will choose a religious or spiritual path.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Job : Published children's author (no, really!), and part-time graphic novellist
    Hobbies : Causing trouble, Writing short stories, and non slash fanfiction. Also, gaming.

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:02 am

Never thought of that. That's cool. Yeah that would be a very different path, but then, i think anybody who could see spirits would go into religion. except maybe sherlock.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:06 am

Unless they have at least another balancing factor which might steer the manifestation of it into a different choice of vocation.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Ghost Whisperer Empty :)

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 am

What a fantastic vocabulary you possess! Yes, i suppose it would, but if it were Lestrade, what would his balancing factor be? I don't feel like catching criminals would be enough. That's the 'iZOMBIE' theory, and I don't really think it would work.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:56 am

Sense of fairness, drive for justice and his people-saving tendency. Of course if it is Greg Lestrade then it would be a largely case-based RP.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 am

Well if a case-based rp was your intention, then it's settled of course. but if it isn't I'm trying to think of who else has a balancing factor...
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:06 am

And your other candidate(s) is/are?
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 am

Well I keep going through everybody.
    Molly would be kind of sad, and I can't find a balance point for her.
    I don't see any reason for Donovan to have it.
    Mycroft's brain works like sherlock's, but there's the question of WHY him.

Lestrade seems like the dude.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:20 am

Molly, given her sensitivity, would not work in a place where traditionally spirits and ghosts are thought to gather.

Agrees, Donovan doesn't add value to the setting.

Mycroft, that could be why he keeps away from most people. Nothing like 'because I thought most people are idiots' but because he can see shades of death everywhere. Of course being a pragmatic character he would devise ways to deal with the external (unwanted) sensory stimulations. If it is him then the ability would be just one in his arsenal but not the focus of his existence.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:41 am

I still like lestrade, now i think about it more. It helps delve into his character, make him seem more noble, and generally help us understand the police element of sherlock. Of course, it's your prerogative.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:47 am

The problem now is, who can play Greg Lestrade in that setting without dissolving into angst-fest. Preferably someone who will play him as a level-headed, mature person even outside his D.I. role. Laughing
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:53 am

Who indeed...Whoever it is, I would be honored to play the various supporting characters. Very Happy
    I could use a bit of a break from the heavy stuff, so I would be lestrade but I think I'll stick with being anderson or donovan or both.
    If you'd be willing to cast me.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:55 am

Then again I have never played lestrade.....hm. Your choice.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:59 am

More the merrier Laughing

I am not going to play Lestrade, unable to keep him in character for long. He is 'too warm outside' for my inclinations to make it work. XD
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Ghost Whisperer Empty ;)

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:01 am

I must seem incredibly like a moving target, but I suppose I'll take the role as challenge. You've hired yourself a detective inspector.
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:07 am

Laughing

Do you have idea for the first case?
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Not to make a pun (maybe) but, the usual suspects. Murder. "suicude" Guy with multiple lovers. Drug bust. etc.

I think the "suicide" that's actually a murder would be good. As it's maybe the first time he realised he has the power? I mean, maybe he's walked around his whole life seeing dead people, and is just now realizing they're dead. OR maybe he can turn it on and off?
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:14 am

Is it possible for us ordinary people to stop noticing something that is before our eyes if we are not being distracted by something else? Smile

Think the ability needs certain trigger or he could have it since the very beginning, which could be material for a ficlet or two about how he make peace with it.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:53 am

Snazzy. Yeah, what would the trigger be though? *thinks intensely*
    Night Baron
    Night Baron

Post by Night Baron Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:06 am

What came into mind is some sort of trauma, different for each age group.

Which one do you prefer, the existence of that kind of ability is widely known or it is thought as the area for charlatans? Both options lead to very different world structures.
    Murder Most Foul
    Murder Most Foul

Post by Murder Most Foul Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am

I like it being a special thing HE has. He may not even tell anyone about it. Just puts it off to 'intuition'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:21 am